Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

“Could”

When you’re one of the most powerful and influential people walking the globe then I’m sure you can make shit happen. I wouldn’t envisage this to be much of a problem to these gentlemen tbh  :lol:

If this comes off it really will be a PSG/Man City thing won’t it?

It’s hardly like they’re in it to make money. If this ‘sportswashing’ term is correct then they’ll be looking to just to make the best club they possibly can to help their ‘image’, cost would hardly come into it. Or am I way off with this.

If this comes off it really will be a PSG/Man City thing won’t it?

It’s hardly like they’re in it to make money. If this ‘sportswashing’ term is correct then they’ll be looking to just to make the best club they possibly can to help their ‘image’, cost would hardly come into it. Or am I way off with this.

Cue someone saying they wouldn't want SJP to be morgue like Man City's atmosphere or feel hollow and soulless like Man City.

We are already. If were going to have a non-existent atmosphere and feel plastic its best to be compensated by good quality football as opposed to the current silage.

If it did go through and we started to win stuff do you think we would all get bored like the man city fans seem to be sometimes?

I would love to get back to the atmospheres like when we hammered Man U 5-0

I sometimes wonder if that is why we get such a hard ride in the press and fat Mike doesn't get called out as much as he should because if we were successful we really could have a big impact on the football establishment "big" clubs

Genuinely believe if we had the success city have had you couldnt get a season ticket for love nor money

Not wanting to be a troll etc, but, can anyone who does not want Saudi money actually say why their money is any different to any other multi billionaires?

It's a regime that kills people for fun, this isn't private money.

pretty uneducated view mate, sorry to say

No it's fucking not. 

yep it is

what do you know of the history of Saudi Arabia? ever been and worked/lived there?

You asked the question and he answered, you fucking rectangle.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7935917/SAMUEL-does-billionaire-Mohammed-Bin-Salman-need-fixer-buy-Newcastle.html

Since he interviewed Ashley he's been very Pro Ashley.....maybe they don't want to deal with Ashley direct.  Not that hard to believe.

Or maybe they'd prefer to use a person familiar in the acquisitions of football clubs?

Samuel is an Ashley stooge.

Same paper that printed Yesterday that Bruce (fixture congestion, injury crisis) had turned down Ashley's offer of 60m in this window, preferring it in the summer.

Samuel and Edwards in particular are extremely pro-Ashley. If they don't want this to happen, neither does he probably.

They are the clubs preferred propagandist media so its off (or was never on) by the vibes they're giving off and they'll be in the know at least as much as they're Bishop's poodles.

Says something "doesn't add up" about this takeover. This one, the last one, the one before that all of them stretching back to Barry Mot in 2008!!!. Can you tell what it is Samuel? We all know. What (or who) is the common denominator?

Its such a typical biased piece that questions everyone and everything but Ashley.  Out-right paid-for propagandist.

Jon Bobson in the running for being the stupidest and least politically-educated poster on the forum, and that’s saying something as NO is a graveyard for politics in general.

Can we stick to the takeover lads?

Edited, no need to get personal, I suppose.

Jon Bobson in the running for being the stupidest and least politically-educated poster on the forum, and that’s saying something as NO is a graveyard for politics in general.

Can we stick to the takeover lads?

Edited, no need to get personal, I suppose.

Mmm really?

I think we should start a separate thread to debate the morality about this whole thing if it does go through. We can all vent in there.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7935917/SAMUEL-does-billionaire-Mohammed-Bin-Salman-need-fixer-buy-Newcastle.html

Since he interviewed Ashley he's been very Pro Ashley.....maybe they don't want to deal with Ashley direct.  Not that hard to believe.

That has to be the worst attempt at journalism I think I have ever read. An entire article on why would MBS want that woman involved, repeated six (eight?) times...

That has to be the worst attempt at journalism I think I have ever read. An entire article on why would MBS want that woman involved, repeated six (eight?) times...

Not like the Daily Mail to hate on a young woman that has made something of herself, mind.

Very out of character.