Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Tells you everything you need to know that GeorgeCaulkin is silent on this, lock the thread stop wasting people's time until it's ever official / real

The man who said he knew of a deal but couldn't discuss it, as discussing I meant it wouldn't happen?

It's happening!!

I'll bite this time.

Pretty sure he didn't say it was solely based on whether he said anything.  I'm guessing he knows as well as most of us that Mike is going to scupper any deals anyway, but didn't want to jeopardise it further for a few retweets or whatever.

He remains one of the more trustworthy journos.

He hasn't spoken of it, and it hasn't happened. Just because this makes him appear more credible doesn't make him more credible.

Maybe caulkin has been asked by Staveley not to say anything we just don’t know. Pointless speculating

We can guess as much as we like. Caulkin isn’t one to bullshit about stuff, so the likelihood is he knows nothing and therefor saying nothing. Theirs a chance that he’s been told to hang tight for more info or an exclusive. He’ll certainly have been trying to get in touch with Staveley in recent days.

No point 2nd guessing what he does or doesn’t know though.

Tells you everything you need to know that GeorgeCaulkin is silent on this, lock the thread stop wasting people's time until it's ever official / real

The man who said he knew of a deal but couldn't discuss it, as discussing I meant it wouldn't happen?

It's happening!!

I'll bite this time.

Pretty sure he didn't say it was solely based on whether he said anything.  I'm guessing he knows as well as most of us that Mike is going to scupper any deals anyway, but didn't want to jeopardise it further for a few retweets or whatever.

He hasn't spoken of it, and it hasn't happened. Just because this makes him appear more credible doesn't make him more credible.

I'm not basing his credibility on what he has or hasn't said about this.  I'm basing it on his past articles/interviews etc.

Maybe caulkin has been asked by Staveley not to say anything we just don’t know. Pointless speculating

We can guess as much as we like. Caulkin isn’t one to bullshit about stuff, so the likelihood is he knows nothing and therefor saying nothing. Theirs a chance that he’s been told to hang tight for more info or an exclusive. He’ll certainly have been trying to get in touch with Staveley in recent days.

No point 2nd guessing what he does or doesn’t know though.

I'm not guessing at anything. He clearly stated that there was another deal, ongoing, but if he spoke of it, it wouldn't happen. Since then nothing has happened and he hasn't revealed what it was. He's just another vulture, just not as ravenous.

It's happening!!

I'll bite this time.

I'm not basing his credibility on what he has or hasn't said about this.  I'm basing it on his past articles/interviews etc.

You're only as reliable as your last claim.

It's happening!!

I'll bite this time.

You're only as reliable as your last claim.

This isn't something I can be arsed/is worth getting into :lol:

I'll stick with my ignorance and continue to believe he's trustworthy.

Its been less than three days.

It doesn't get any bigger than this in terms of takeovers.

And it feels like its died on its a**e already, allowing for the 3% trainspotting element.

There is no fakeover left to be unleashed after this that could get so much as a flicker so I do wonder what they have in store for us in the future. Like the club as a whole the law of diminishing returns has long since been enacted.

It is his best chance to sell. Club is already on the decline in terms of status, income and support and the only thing I see that can stop this is Ashley's not being here.

3 interested parties you say..

MA not happy about the leaks you say..

Talk of this being done in a few days...

Its season ticket deadline time..

It's the january transfer window...

Rich guy in the middle east?..

Amanda Staveley?..

None of this has EVER happened before. All we need now is Peter Kenyon for a FAKEOVER Bingo.

Its been less than three days.

It doesn't get any bigger than this in terms of takeovers.

And it feels like its died on its a**e already, allowing for the 3% trainspotting element.

There is no fakeover left to be unleashed after this that could get so much as a flicker so I do wonder what they have in store for us in the future. Like the club as a whole the law of diminishing returns has long since been enacted.

It is his best chance to sell. Club is already on the decline in terms of status, income and support and the only thing I see that can stop this is Ashley's not being here.

It’s been less than 3 days. How has it died on it’s arse?

Not saying the thing is true or not, but it’s been 3 days.

He is very predictable.

Only questions we need to ask are:

1. Is £350m the price in which he see’s himself getting a good deal?

2. Is that price his walk away price including advertising and SD partnerships?

In most cases, a fakeover story would make fans walk out on their clubs in protest of what they may seem as a wasted opportunity to take the club forward, thus season tickets will not get renewed and etc.

But at Newcastle United Football Club, you will get fans still renewing season tickets eventhough you have gone through not one, not two, maybe three or maybe more fakeover stories at the club. Even when this season has seen a lot of people not renewing tickets, expect a large number to still renew after this latest installment of a fakeover.

Only at Mike Ashley's Newcastle United.

In most cases, a fakeover story would make fans walk out on their clubs in protest of what they may seem as an opportunity to take the club forward, thus season tickets will not get renewed and etc.

But at Newcastle United Football Club, you will get fans still renewing season tickets eventhough you have gone through not one, not two, maybe three or maybe more fakeover stories at the club. Even when this season has seen a lot of people not renewing tickets, expect a large number to still renew after this latest installment of a fakeover.

Only at Mike Ashley's Newcastle United.

I don’t anyone is renewing based on this speculation.

Put simply, the season ticket holders who are left were renewing in anyway. If you renewed after last year, then I suspect unless you can no longer afford it or no longer go to games, then you were always going to renew for as long as you can.