Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7935917/SAMUEL-does-billionaire-Mohammed-Bin-Salman-need-fixer-buy-Newcastle.html

Since he interviewed Ashley he's been very Pro Ashley.....maybe they don't want to deal with Ashley direct.  Not that hard to believe.

That has to be the worst attempt at journalism I think I have ever read. An entire article on why would MBS want that woman involved, repeated six (eight?) times...

Yeah it was awful, barely made any sense at times. Maybe Bishop called him up late in the evening when he was pissed and asked him to rush something out.

Same paper that printed Yesterday that Bruce (fixture congestion, injury crisis) had turned down Ashley's offer of 60m in this window, preferring it in the summer.

Samuel and Edwards in particular are extremely pro-Ashley. If they don't want this to happen, neither does he probably.

They are the clubs preferred propagandist media so its off (or was never on) by the vibes they're giving off and they'll be in the know at least as much as they're Bishop's poodles.

Says something "doesn't add up" about this takeover. This one, the last one, the one before that all of them stretching back to Barry Mot in 2008!!!. Can you tell what it is Samuel? We all know. What (or who) is the common denominator?

Its such a typical biased piece that questions everyone and everything but Ashley.  Out-right paid-for propagandist.

:clap: especially the bolded part.

Ashley seems to be telling everyone under the sun that hes not happy about the leak.

Why would that matter Mike? Or is it just a convenient way of making these deals fall through.

Ashley seems to be telling everyone under the sun that hes not happy about the leak.

Why would that matter Mike? Or is it just a convenient way of making these deals fall through.

I strongly suspect he arranged the leak.......take the money and run you odious slug

I strongly suspect he arranged the leak.......take the money and run you odious slug

Somehow I think Mehrdad Ghodoussi has something to do with the leak. Just a feeling. Seems to have contacts at US papers.

Can't wait for the media to come out and say the takeover didn't happen because MBS couldn't prove they had the money for the takeover. This coming after the media have (in pretty much every article) bigged up just how wealthy they are.

Somehow I think Mehrdad Ghodoussi has something to do with the leak. Just a feeling. Seems to have contacts at US papers.

Just can’t see how this would benefit the buyer tho’ and Mandy will know that giving fatty an out wouldn’t be in their best interest

Couple of articles mentioning he’s also in talks with someone else. It would be typical Ashley to sells us to someone like Peter Kenyon with no money to invest rather than the Arab billionaires

This is still what I expect when he eventually does 'sell'.  Some no-mark who agrees to all of his clauses and demands.  There's no chance he sells to someone who wants a clean cut purchase.

I would absolutely love it if we got rid of Ashley. He has made me fall out of love with his version of Newcastle.

In normal circumstances I would have second thoughts about MBS as potential owner, but for all I care, if we can get rid of Ashley I would accept Satan and Thatchers offspring without hesitation.

Couple of articles mentioning he’s also in talks with someone else. It would be typical Ashley to sells us to someone like Peter Kenyon with no money to invest rather than the Arab billionaires

This is still what I expect when he eventually does 'sell'.  Some no-mark who agrees to all of his clauses and demands.  There's no chance he sells to someone who wants a clean cut purchase.

My thoughts exactly

Someone told me yesterday that Sports Direct has a 10 year contract in place to run/control the retail side of our merchandise. Presumably Ashley could put any number of this type of contract in place and they would have to be adhered to by the new owners?

Someone told me yesterday that Sports Direct has a 10 year contract in place to run/control the retail side of our merchandise. Presumably Ashley could put any number of this type of contract in place and they would have to be adhered to by the new owners?

they will have break clauses in them. Depends on how much they are and whether they want to invoke them

Surely that contract if it exists, would be counted into the price? Or that might explain how the value is so low.

If it were me buying the club, I’d just go along with it and then break contract later. It’s much harder for Ashley to prove in court that a deal like this isn’t breaking some sort of rule

Surely that contract if it exists, would be counted into the price? Or that might explain how the value is so low.

If it were me buying the club, I’d just go along with it and then break contract later. It’s much harder for Ashley to prove in court that a deal like this isn’t breaking some sort of rule

I don't know how these things work. The kit deal would have to be adhered to, even though it was negotiated by the previous regime wouldn't it? Same with any other endorsements. I know these things would all be factored into the price of the club but imagine if that 10 year contract has no break clause and it's just Ashley's way of keeping his claws in, you could see that being a stumbling block in negotiations. All speculation of course

Any contract can be bought out or cancelled if both parties agree.

It should be especially easy to agree the cancellation when he's in charge of both companies. :lol:

Any contract can be bought out or cancelled if both parties agree.

It should be especially easy to agree the cancellation when he's in charge of both companies. :lol:

Of course they can be but Ashley will want an overall price for in excess of it's worth, which, imo, is why the other deals have collapsed.

The standard of journalism in this country is really something to behold. As has been said, takeover attempts since 2008 to a supposed "willing seller" and not one of them succeed? Let's say this fails as well, the richest sovereign wealth fund in the world or whatever it is - there should only ever then be articles questioning Mike Ashley and exposing his lies. But alas, the media in this country exists for nothing more than keeping rich people rich and doing/saying whatever they want.