Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

I think he might be backed in to a corner this time. I think he either takes the Arab money or sells to someone else. I know we are talking about a flock of sheep but surely the “fans” wouldn’t be as silly to believe another pack of lies.

Who am I kidding. The fucker will be there next season

Interested in what excuse he'll use this time to reject it

The same as every other time, and once again the media won't pull him up on it.

They'll happily go along with the next takeover attempt because it sells.

What I find the strangest is that billionaire's keep being stupid enough to believe Ashley is actually looking to sell. Surely they have an iota of intelligence? Surely they might, you know, contact previous 'failed bidders' and ask them what the craic is? But nope, just an endless procession of fools failing to get Ashley to sell.

Doesn't really add up in the slightest.

What do we believe here?

- The club is ostensibly for sale, Mike does enter into negotiations with genuine would be buyers and then breaks it off at the last minute knowing all along that was never going to sell.

- The club is really for sale but Mike just keeps moving the goalposts once negotiations have begun and buyers just get sick of him.

- The club is not for sale at all and there never have been negotiations but Mike has buttered up the media to run these stories.

I see all three of these possibilities thrown about but they're mutually exclusive. It can only be one of them.

Its been less than three days.

It doesn't get any bigger than this in terms of takeovers.

And it feels like its died on its a**e already, allowing for the 3% trainspotting element.

There is no fakeover left to be unleashed after this that could get so much as a flicker so I do wonder what they have in store for us in the future. Like the club as a whole the law of diminishing returns has long since been enacted.

It is his best chance to sell. Club is already on the decline in terms of status, income and support and the only thing I see that can stop this is Ashley's not being here.

It’s been less than 3 days. How has it died on it’s arse?

Not saying the thing is true or not, but it’s been 3 days.

It doesn't seem like anybody thinks its likely to happen. Most are far more convinced it wont. It takes less time to get to this stage with each passing charade. And this is big - if it was just Kenyon it wouldn't have even got this far. So if it is charade we've (and the media for that matter) become immune to its purpose. In 3 days.

If I was a would-be buyer being messed around by this fat chancer I’d be taking every available opportunity to call the cunt out for moving the goalposts and wasting my fucking time.

Nobody has done that to date, which makes me wonder as to the integrity of these ‘bids’

What do we believe here?

- The club is ostensibly for sale, Mike does enter into negotiations with genuine would be buyers and then breaks it off at the last minute knowing all along that was never going to sell.

- The club is really for sale but Mike just keeps moving the goalposts once negotiations have begun and buyers just get sick of him.

- The club is not for sale at all and there never have been negotiations but Mike has buttered up the media to run these stories.

I see all three of these possibilities thrown about but they're mutually exclusive. It can only be one of them.

The second option.

He'll sell for way over the odds and thinks getting an agreed price then adding in clauses on merch and advertising will drive the real price up but just ends up with prospective buyers saying no.

Does Mike realise he doesn't need to do this to sell tickets? He doesn't need to spend money on PR gurus and he doesn't need to pay the hacks to write stuff for him. He could change our shirts to red and white stripes and personally kick every fan in the goolies as they clicked their way through the turnstyles and the super fans would still go.

You're wasting your money, Mike.

And it feels like its died on its a**e already, allowing for the 3% trainspotting element.

There is no fakeover left to be unleashed after this that could get so much as a flicker so I do wonder what they have in store for us in the future. Like the club as a whole the law of diminishing returns has long since been enacted.

It is his best chance to sell. Club is already on the decline in terms of status, income and support and the only thing I see that can stop this is Ashley's not being here.

It doesn't seem like anybody thinks its likely to happen. Most are far more convinced it wont. It takes less time to get to this stage with each passing charade. And this is big - if it was just Kenyon it wouldn't have even got this far. So if it is charade we've (and the media for that matter) become immune to its purpose. In 3 days.

We as fans are not convinced because we have been through so many stories, and until it happens a lot us won’t fully accept it.

Those in the media largely believe it will happen. There are a few who are making a story out of it by saying Rafa is coming back, and Ashley has 2 other bidders as well. These to me though are cheap lazy stories which will get people clicking, they aren’t based on anything and are just a journalists way of making a story out of an existing story. Think of those article like Lee Ryder’s ‘10 things we have learnt’ articles out of matches, or day to day running of the club.

What do we believe here?

I believe its simply - The club isn't for sale and never was.

Said that as far back as Barry Moat but am on the record of going with that one through the last number of fakeovers.

Not being for sale doesn't stop interested parties contacting him.

It really is the only logical explanation for all of this. Everything else feels like a stretch for a reason. It never steered anybody wrong yet.

Even if one day that's wrong it will still be 50-1.

Aye, second option. He gets it so far, then starts with the advertising/merchandising demands.

I believe he'd happily sell on his terms, and his terms will mean he's not losing a penny via advertising etc. Which in my opinion is never going to happen.

I think there's also a chance he does this to generate interest in the club.

I think he wants to sell provided he can get a great deal and continue to use the club for advertising his brand.

Does Mike realise he doesn't need to do this to sell tickets? He doesn't need to spend money on PR gurus and he doesn't need to pay the hacks to write stuff for him. He could change our shirts to red and white stripes and personally kick every fan in the goolies as they clicked their way through the turnstyles and the super fans would still go.

You're wasting your money, Mike.

He could be just waiting for someone to give him a boatload of money and allow him to keep his merchandising contracts. Kenyon was probably game but he didn't have a pot to piss in.

I think he wants to sell provided he can get a great deal and continue to use the club for advertising his brand.

’I’m about to sell to one of the richest people in the world’ is hardly going to get people to bid to buy the club.

We as fans are not convinced because we have been through so many stories, and until it happens a lot us won’t fully accept it.

Those in the media largely believe it will happen. There are a few who are making a story out of it by saying Rafa is coming back, and Ashley has 2 other bidders as well. These to me though are cheap lazy stories which will get people clicking, they aren’t based on anything and are just a journalists way of making a story out of an existing story. Think of those article like Lee Ryder’s ‘10 things we have learnt’ articles out of matches, or day to day running of the club.

The Mail will be the only paper that knows anything being as how that's who Bishop feeds. There tone is anti-Staveley again and anti-deal yet again. Even those that appear to believe it may well not but its a story, so why not.

’I’m about to sell to one of the richest people in the world’ is hardly going to get people to bid to buy the club.

It could if the other party values it higher than "the richest people in the world".

The Mail will be the only paper that knows anything being as how that's who Bishop feeds. There tone is anti-Staveley again and anti-deal yet again. Even those that appear to believe it may well not but its a story, so why not.

The Mail got 1 interview from Ashley which was basically a written statement and didn’t expose anything that wasn’t already well known.

Samual from then on has kept licking Ashley’s hoop in order to get another of these interviews. There is nothing to suggest that Ashley has been in contact since, or anything to suggest that they throw them any information which isn’t already public knowledge.

Likewise, Caulkin has interviewed Staveley has always kept in contact with her. There is nothing to suggest that she’s said anything to Caulkin yet about the deal either.

The difference between Caulkin and Samual is that Samual will arse lick and write pro-Ashley stuff in an attempt to get an interview. Caulkin won’t do that with Stavely, either she talks to him or she doesn’t.

It could if the other party values it higher than "the richest people in the world".

Yeah, besides it just keeps the club in the news as being available to buy for the "right price".

Think MA will probably see this as one of his best chances to sell with us looking fairly safe compared to the previous years.

I think we'll continue to see this year in and year out going forward as long as he's here.