Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Self obsessed attention seeking aside, it's actually a fair point and a somewhat worthy cause. It's a move against and to demonstrate the Ashley PR strategy, so it sits fine with me.

I'm sure it wasn't, but there's still some validity to what he's demonstrated. The first I heard of that story was my brother in law telling me at dinner last night that Mayweather was interested in buying the club.

So safety appears to be within our reach now, and Ashley will be sitting pretty for another year. With any other owner, I would be looking forward to holding on to our best players and strengthening weak areas of the squad.

I used to enjoy the anticipation felt all transfer window, right up to the hour it closed, in case we got a spectacular signing. I used to enjoy watching the new signings gradually gel with the existing set up and improve the team.

The question these days, of course, is who will Mike Ashley sell in the summer?

ASM and Almiron are doing well...some profit in those for him?

Joelinton will be a keeper for a while yet, until he comes good, then it'll be bye bye striker...hello profit.

I'm surprised he hasn't flogged the better defenders yet. Perhaps speculatively bought defenders dont go up in price as much as speculatively bought forwards. Ashley must see the world like Neo sees the matrix, but as a stream of green pound signs in front of his eyes. Sport certainly doesn't come into it.

I keep telling myself not to be too negative and to look on the bright side, but I have to admit that the weekend win over Southampton really pissed me off. I honestly hoped Ashley would get a bloody nose with nufc going down this year. Winning points with spawny goals off defenders for half a season is a disgrace and any club that plays that poorly deserves to be relegated. Especially when that club has been mismanaged for years by an owner who deliberately walks a tightrope every year balancing relegation off against minimal investment and TV mega money.

Urgh, rant over. Apologies to those who still have a soul 😁

So safety appears to be within our reach now, and Ashley will be sitting pretty for another year. With any other owner, I would be looking forward to holding on to our best players and strengthening weak areas of the squad.

I used to enjoy the anticipation felt all transfer window, right up to the hour it closed, in case we got a spectacular signing. I used to enjoy watching the new signings gradually gel with the existing set up and improve the team.

Joelinton will be a keeper for a while yet, until he comes good, then it'll be bye bye striker...hello profit.

I'm surprised he hasn't flogged the better defenders yet. Perhaps speculatively bought defenders dont go up in price as much as speculatively bought forwards. Ashley must see the world like Neo sees the matrix, but as a stream of green pound signs in front of his eyes. Sport certainly doesn't come into it.

I keep telling myself not to be too negative and to look on the bright side, but I have to admit that the weekend win over Southampton really pissed me off. I honestly hoped Ashley would get a bloody nose with nufc going down this year. Winning points with spawny goals off defenders for half a season is a disgrace and any club that plays that poorly deserves to be relegated. Especially when that club has been mismanaged for years by an owner who deliberately walks a tightrope every year balancing relegation off against minimal investment and TV mega money.

Not worth that much thought tbh. He's hired a cheap, incompetent manager, and his player recruitment is geared to making him money rather than building a team. He'll end up getting Newcastle relegated by 2021 with that strategy, that is all you really need to know.

One other thing with Ashley is that he has no idea on when to sell players. He sees an increasing value being a permanent fixture and never sees a cash out point - see Cabaye, Y and Tiote, C as examples.

Unless a stupid bid comes in for ASM or Miggy (£60m plus) then they will be here next year and they will either leave at the end of their contract, when we get relegated or get pushed out of the team and end up on loan in Greece

One other thing with Ashley is that he has no idea on when to sell players. He sees an increasing value being a permanent fixture and never sees a cash out point - see Cabaye, Y and Tiote, C as examples.

Unless a stupid bid comes in for ASM or Miggy (£60m plus) then they will be here next year and they will either leave at the end of their contract, when we get relegated or get pushed out of the team and end up on loan in Greece

Disagree. He sold Carroll and Cabaye at the highest point arguably perez too. Demba Ba forced his hand with the clause in his contract.

Kinnear could have got a few quid more for Cabaye if he was arsed enough.

well if he understood the difference between the offer in Euros and what Mike wanted in pounds. He was sacked not long after.

Disagree. He sold Carroll and Cabaye at the highest point arguably perez too. Demba Ba forced his hand with the clause in his contract.

Carroll was a stupid offer (as in my £60m example for ASM), Cabaye was more attractive in the summer when more clubs were after him. Perez was also a contract clause, without it he would still be here.

Guest Howaythetoon

If games are played behind closed doors or football is suspended indefinitely due to Coronavirus, I wonder how many owners would look to sell up and how this may (or not) effect MA’s own situation at the club?