Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

464 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

Guest neesy111

Sorry to dampen people's hope but The saudi wealth fund is dumping assets everywhere to generate cash buffers because of the collapse in oil (due to the trying to price the Russians out of the market).  Be a very weird time to purchase.

Sorry to dampen people's hope but The saudi wealth fund is dumping assets everywhere to generate cash buffers because of the collapse in oil (due to the trying to price the Russians out of the market).  Be a very weird time to purchase.

Don't worry no one believes any of it.

No one is getting their hopes up.

Isn’t the point in the wealth fund to diverse their assets so they have an economy when the oil dries up?

Not sure you read the room right in regards to "hope" being the main reaction in this thread

Fuck it. I’m biting. It occurred to me that a takeover of nufc by Saudi would be full of negative press. Endless negative press and quotes from human rights groups about how the premier league shouldn’t let it happen etc.

So what’s the best time to plough ahead with something like this? A fucking pandemic when everyone is looking the other way.

That’s all I’ve got. I’m still 90% on the bullshit side.

Fuck it. I’m biting. It occurred to me that a takeover of nufc by Saudi would be full of negative press. Endless negative press and quotes from human rights groups about how the premier league shouldn’t let it happen etc.

So what’s the best time to plough ahead with something like this? A fucking pandemic when everyone is looking the other way.

That’s all I’ve got. I’m still 90% on the bullshit side.

I'm in.  #TeamTIC

It is almost definitely bull shit.  Don’t let the glimmer of hope drag you into trawling Twitter, looking for news, watching planes, etc.  A lot of us have more time on our hands and that crap does no good.  What will be will be. Any good news would still be weeks off and will find you. 

I actually think Ashley would jump at the chance to sell the club at the moment. SD's value will be dramatically lower once this all blows over and he will need money. I can't believe it though as this has gone on for 10 years now.

Also indulging things for a moment I don't agree with what neesy says. If they were buying the club it'll be part of a long term strategic investment plan with money allocated. They'll know things will recover eventually so can't see them chucking everything in the bin cause of CV19 personally. Their thing is vision 2030 right, that's still a long ways away.

The world is going into lockdown, Ashley's being a cunt, but it doesn't matter

BECAUSE THE PREMIER LEAGUE HAS BEEN INFORMED OF A BID!!!!!!!111!!11!!!!

80 per cent Saudis, 10 per cent PCP, 10 per cent Reuben Brothers.

I don't subscribe to the Torygraph, so I can't read more. But howay, now, of all times, man?!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

To be fair, sounds a bit daft but it's a good time to buy into a GBP market if you have overseas cash such as USD (Saudi Riyal as its pegged to the USD) which they will have.

Comparable to 6-12 months ago the currency has changed dramatically in favor of overseas investors investing into the UK, if they were interested then but the price was never met, now is the time to jump on it due to the huge currency fluctuations from GBP to USD since Coronavirus. You never know they may have already bulk purchased the currency over the past 4 weeks which is why maybe the premier league has been informed.

So in 6-12 months time when the economy and market improves, the new owners would have made a profit just on the USD to GBP exchange rate for the capital growth of Newcastle United.

FEB 2020 - GBP 340,000,000

FEB 2020 - SAR 1,455,000 (SAR 4.28)

Dec 2019 - GBP 340,000,000

Dec 2019 - SAR 1,717,000,000 (5.05)

December 2019 - Feb 2020 - SAR 261,800,000 (GBP 56,000,000 savings on currency)