Boycoutt Newcastle United Football Club

Paully

Ashley must be fizzing. Been shelling out serious money on a proper manager for a couple of years when all it took to appease slack jawed locals was giving a couple of desperate locals a contract and getting them to say they love the club.

A successful season long boycott would alert Sky though I'm sure they know already, that Ashley is a cancer at our club. Empty stands would definitely help Ashley focus on selling the club at a reasonable price.

However as the majority of match day supporters or either thick, deluded, selfish or just unaware of the futility of supporting a club that doesn't try to improve itself or be successful, the only answer is for us to be piss poor useless and quickly plummet back down into the championship.

So its back to the good old Pardew days of hoping we get a tonking on a regular basis. With Bruce in charge of a team with no proven goal scorer hopefully this will happen quickly.

This way Ashley will lose money, won't get the exposure for SD which is the only reason he owns the club anyhow, and maybe , just maybe we will get our club back.

Guest chopey

It's a truly personal protest this, if you feel the only way to stop this man preventing the progress and growth of the club is to stay away then do so, if your not bothered but like a pint and to meet your mates then go but for fucks sake don't complain when HRMC are shutting us down.

True Faith on the local news promoting going to the game just there. Tory fanzine for a Tory owner.

How are they Tories?

Back when it existed in paper form, I remember them being the self-styled coolest 39 year old men in the world. Every heading and subheading was a Jam or Joy Division song, and they used to review shoes. Knackers for sure, but Tories?

Guest reefatoon

Ashley must be fizzing. Been shelling out serious money on a proper manager for a couple of years when all it took to appease slack jawed locals was giving a couple of desperate locals a contract and getting them to say they love the club.

It really is that simple too. Unreal man.

I don’t think we’ll ever protest on a large scale, unless Mike Ashley unveils a ‘Geordies are scum’ stand or something.

We’ll just die a slow death as results get worse and people don’t fancy it anymore. And when Ashley sells will be entirely when he feels like it.

I don’t think we’ll ever protest on a large scale, unless Mike Ashley unveils a ‘Geordies are scum’ stand or something.

We’ll just die a slow death as results get worse and people don’t fancy it anymore. And when Ashley sells will be entirely when he feels like it.

Feels like he could get away with that...

He’s already painted us as near violent expectant idiots in all but lexis.gets away with murder

Feels like he could get away with that...

I can already hear the 40,000+ cries of "He'll not force me to stop giving him money!"

True Faith on the local news promoting going to the game just there. Tory fanzine for a Tory owner.

What did they actually say?

Edit: just seen the tweet from their account. He was on the news slating the appointment of Bruce just the other week. f***ing pleb.

This prick's on the board of NUST and he won't even boycott one match as a protest.

Hope Popeye has a ton of spinach on knocks him out.

Guest covmag

“Steve Bruce”. “Black white army”

“Steve Bruce” “black white army”

I can hear it now at some point when we are eventually winning, urghhh  :lol:

If people wanna turn up to Arsenal, and further games, then it's ultimately their loss. They're feeding the toxic cesspit that is Ashley's Newcastle United.

My only regret is that I didn't pack in my season ticket sooner. Rafa gave me hope, with hindsight though, I wish I never had got excited by football (nufc) again.

When Ashley goes, I will return.

Assuming full (enough) stadiums keep Ashley here, it's everybody's loss, not just those selfish and short-sighted enough to 'stay loyal'.

Sick to the back teeth of reading shit like that Yorkie. I'm with you in principle, but people are entitled to do whatever they want to do. Doesn't make them selfish in the slightest. Just that they have a different opinion to you... it doesn't make them wrong. So fucking holier that thou.

I'd say the same thing of a lot of people on the other side of the fence. You're right though, it probably is pretty condescending but I've got virtually no respect for anyone going to the game. And the situation is so deplorable that I feel fairly unconcerned about coming across as a complete dickhead.

There's two categories really, I should have said selfish and/or short-sighted:

/ If you're going to the game purely because you refuse to make a sacrifice cos its MY club and it's MY day out and it's MY right to watch the game and Mike Ashley isn't gonna stop ME watching MY club... I think you're selfish.

/ If you're going to the game because you genuinely don't believe that a cumulative season attendance of roughly zero would accelerate Ashley's departure... I think you're short-sighted.

I personally can't fathom how something as dramatic as 19 Premier League matches in a row, with a sheer vista of grey seats every single time (save for the away fans at the top, which, if nothing else, would be pretty comical) wouldn't force some kind of change. If Ashley himself wouldn't intervene by fucking off then at least it would alert the Premier League - and the world - to the wider issue of bad ownership. It would raise awareness of the fact that it is unethical to own a football club and then not treat it as a footballing enterprise, at the very least in addition to whatever other goals or reasons you might have for ownership.

I realise that, by holding and publishing these views, I'm just perpetuating the supporter in-fighting which Ashley feeds off, but fuck it. Everything about the situation stinks and it all feels a bit hopeless so whatever. Dickhead unleashed.

I appreciate all of that but you're living in cuckoo land if you think a boycott will ever truly take off. Sure, maybe 10,000 people won't show up to Arsenal... but 7,000 of them will return the following week. People who feel strongly about it and read every bit of news and dissect everything Ashley does... some of them will stay away. But the sheer truth of the whole thing is that 80-90% of the stadium leave the match on a Saturday and don't give much more thought about it until the next game. My wife is one of them, for example. She loves going to the games (even when we're doing shit) but couldn't care less about following all the ins and outs of it all outside of that. I would say the majority of the stadium are like that.

I really do think the people behind AO, The Magpie Group, etc, fail to really understand that.

The one and only time in the last 12 years when I've noticed Ashley lashing out in frustration was last August/September when his brands were getting attacked by 1000s of fans on social media, to the point where Sports Direct didn't tweet for weeks, and the PR machine will thrown into full force. That's where the focus should lie. It's hugely misguided and pie-in-the-sky to ever believe that a boycott will happen in significant enough numbers, and regularly enough, to make any significant difference. Idealistic, sure. Realistic, nope.

Make owning NUFC an inconvenience for him and his shareholders... that's when he'll sell (IMO).

The only problem with the boycott is there are too many people with the attitude "oh it'll never happen so I won't bother helping"

It is this attitude why it won't happen. It's like not going to vote because your vote isn't going to swing a general election.

“Steve Bruce”. “Black white army”

“Steve Bruce” “black white army”

I can hear it now at some point when we are eventually winning, urghhh  :lol:

It's been peddled in pre season already. No need to wait for anything, incredibly.

Martin Dubvraka

On fans' frustrations towards the ownership:

"It is hard for us as football players because you can't stay on both sides.

"You have your opinion but the only thing we can do is to show it on the pitch. The only thing we can do for our fans and our club is to fight for every point, every duel.

"I know they expect sometimes for us to get behind them as well but obviously it is impossible.

"If you are standing with some of the fans that are negative you can't stand behind them.

"There is also your private life, your career. I received some messages saying I should speak with my team-mates and make a boycott. This is impossible.

"What I would really like to do is play football and enjoy that every week. I am trying to do everything for this club and everything for these fans to make them proud and that is the only thing we can do.

"Still stay behind us and let us show you that we can still put this club high in the table because we have some quality.

"This is a big club that deserves to be much higher in the table."