Boycoutt Newcastle United Football Club

Paully

Guest covmag

Why even waste energy thinking about totally unrealistic hypotheticals?

i get that mate, but it could of happened under MClaren , he gave him £80 million but fucked it up,  Bruce "may " get a few quis and make it happen?

We stay in the PL - he stays

We yo-yo between PL and Championship - he stays

Genuine interest from new potential buyer - he forces it to break down and he stays

The only possible way he leaves is following a sustained period out of the PL, it’s that simple imo. He’s been here 12 fucking years, he’s not leaving anytime soon. I wish it was different but this is how it is. I don’t want to hope we lose but it’s the only option left. If we want to save it we need to see it destroyed first, it’s pathetic that it’s come to this. Its not what I want but fuck it, I hope we go down and stay down long enough to oust him.

can i ask what you'd do if he invests , looks like he's turned a corner, gets us top 6 and wins a trophy....you going back?

genuine question, after all thats what many want.

I want him to run the club properly, investing in every aspect of the club and having a genuine ambition to make sure they club was as good as it possibly could be. If he proved that he has done a 180 then yeah, I would.

However, the chances of this are so small that it’s essentially a moot point. He won’t.

We stay in the PL - he stays

We yo-yo between PL and Championship - he stays

Genuine interest from new potential buyer - he forces it to break down and he stays

The only possible way he leaves is following a sustained period out of the PL, it’s that simple imo. He’s been here 12 fucking years, he’s not leaving anytime soon. I wish it was different but this is how it is. I don’t want to hope we lose but it’s the only option left. If we want to save it we need to see it destroyed first, it’s pathetic that it’s come to this. Its not what I want but fuck it, I hope we go down and stay down long enough to oust him.

can i ask what you'd do if he invests , looks like he's turned a corner, gets us top 6 and wins a trophy....you going back?

genuine question, after all thats what many want.

I want him to run the club properly, investing in every aspect of the club and having a genuine ambition to make sure they club was as good as it possibly could be. If he proved that he has done a 180 then yeah, I would.

However, the chances of this are so small that it’s essentially a moot point. He won’t.

He won’t. Even if he did, I genuinely don’t know if I could enjoy it. I know that sounds utterly pathetic, petty and vindictive. But that’s how I feel.

Fucking ridiculous situation for me to be in

Il be following it on the BBC app or something like that and hoping Arsenal spank them and that there's loads of empty seats.

can't understand anyone wanting us to lose.  boycott yes but still support the team.

A win for the team = good news for Ashley.

Seems obvious to me why people (me included) want them to lose every game. My hope is that every loss is heavy and embarrassing.

I've nothing against the players at all but this is way bigger than them.

i get that mate, but it could of happened under MClaren , he gave him £80 million but fucked it up,  Bruce "may " get a few quis and make it happen?

He gave McClaren that money as he knew he was rubbish and needed players to help us stay up. He was protecting his asset. Same with Bruce.

It had nothing to do with actively looking to improve.

I'd happily attend if he ran the club properly. Id have no problems with him being owner if he actually went for it. Never going to happen. This summer has been the final nail in the coffin. He was presented with an opportunity to turn it all around but hes fucked it once again.

Guest covmag

I'd happily attend if he ran the club properly. Id have no problems with him being owner if he actually went for it. Never going to happen. This summer has been the final nail in the coffin. He was presented with an opportunity to turn it all around but hes fucked it once again.

He’s not even “going for it now” he’s spending money he’s just generated, yes NET spend, the bloke has once again spent fuck all.

People wonder why we go on like this , I agree we are luckier than a few lower league teams but come on man.Yes i’d go back if he wanted Rafa and wanted to back him, he didn’t though and that’s me out.the cunt

Yeah it's pointless talking about a hypothetical world where the leopard which is Mike Ashley changes his spots. He's had 12 years. Twelve fucking years. He has neither the capability nor the desire to change.

Bruce won't make anything happen. Well, maybe relegation but nothing positive.

midds[/member] - I find it hard to think he’d sell us in the championship unless we were down there for an eternity or lower. But I also see him selling in the PL when he’s got some desperate buyer ready to pay a handsome premium. To me I think that happens sooner. But then again, I’d like a wolves or villa type buyer in the lower leagues - however, It’s just hard for me to see mad mike sell at a loss there.

But I do see your point and don’t disagree with your line of thinking.

midds[/member] - I find it hard to think he’d sell us in the championship unless we were down there for an eternity or lower. But I also see him selling in the PL when he’s got some desperate buyer ready to pay a handsome premium. To me I think that happens sooner. But then again, I’d like a wolves or villa type buyer in the lower leagues - however, It’s just hard for me to see mad mike sell at a loss there.

I understand the logic of the club being a more attractive proposition if we remained in the PL. In theory more buyers would be interested and that logic would make total sense with any other club, it’s one of the biggest shop windows in sport. The logic breaks down, imo, when you consider he doesn’t want to sell. Circling the PL drain annually is exactly what he wants, the profile it gives his tatty sports shop, selling off club assets without any comeback.

Going down is the only option :thup:

I understand the logic of the club being a more attractive proposition if we remained in the PL. In theory more buyers would be interested and that logic would make total sense with any other club, it’s one of the biggest shop windows in sport. The logic breaks down, imo, when you consider he doesn’t want to sell. Circling the PL drain annually is exactly what he wants, the profile it gives his tatty sports shop, selling off club assets without any comeback.

Going down is the only option :thup:

Going down to League 1 or League 2 is only option for me resulting in the club only being worth 25m or so

I’ve only really fully got what the likes of Wullie, Dave, KI, etc we’re saying for ages mind and I’ve only really fully got it over the last 2 months.

But when the day comes and Ashley does finally leave, it’s going to be horrible sharing things with those selfish enough to still go to games under Bruce, and do nothing to protest.

I’ve only really fully got what the likes of Wullie, Dave, KI, etc we’re saying for ages mind and I’ve only really fully got it over the last 2 months.

But when the day comes and Ashley does finally leave, it’s going to be horrible sharing things with those selfish enough to still go to games under Bruce, and do nothing to protest.

They'll be the ones who really deserve any success, the thick and thin brigade. Not the ones who went through years of sacrifice.

Bet they'll all have a smug 'Where were you when we were shit?' attitude and think they've been the better fan too. Ignoring the reasons for us staying away in the 1st place. For those on ticket sales watch there'll be the likes of me and my Daughter who are only now cancelling. They'll probably take a few days to show. On the 10 year thing so half of next season paid for already but we're going to settle for cutting our losses. 21 years i've been taking her from her being 3 years old. Breaks my heart. 225 loyalty points between us gone. I had 182 and she had 43.

Bet they'll all have a smug 'Where were you when we were shit?' attitude and think they've been the better fan too. Ignoring the reasons for us staying away in the 1st place. For those on ticket sales watch there'll be the likes of me and my Daughter who are only now cancelling. They'll probably take a few days to show. On the 10 year thing so half of next season paid for already but we're going to settle for cutting our losses. 21 years i've been taking her from her being 3 years old. Breaks my heart. 225 loyalty points between us gone. I had 182 and she had 43.

Takes a lot to actually go through with it, well done man. I managed to convince my cousin to bin hers midway through the payment cycle as well. The siblings are keeping their tickets but will definitely boycott at least Arsenal and have promised to cancel their payments before the next renewal cycle is activated, should MA still be in charge.

You'd think that all these reports of supporters with so many consecutive years of attendance and loyalty points jacking it in would trigger something in the minds of the "He'll not stop me from going!" brigade but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be the case.

Ashley has issue's elsewhere so the Black & Whites are he least of his problems, so if you think a boycott will make any difference to him I suggest a new stratergy is thought out. There will still be 52000 there every week in theory regardless of how many season ticket holders turn up for games.

Guest covmag

Ashley has issue's elsewhere so the Black & Whites are he least of his problems, so if you think a boycott will make any difference to him I suggest a new stratergy is thought out. There will still be 52000 there every week in theory regardless of how many season ticket holders turn up for games.

Cheers.prick

The whole point of orchestrating a boycott is to convince those 52k not to turn up and if you cant see why Ashley may be bothered about a boycott, I'd suggest you think about what SD has to gain from a full stadium.