Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

The man is deluded as fuck.

That statement has about as much definition as Steve's cheekbones. Forward to what?  15th place? Not exactly anything too specific there other than avoiding relegation...which we all know is his real remit.

This guy makes my balls ache with sadness. Steve fucking Bruce.

To be honest, I'm coming around to the strategy. We're being linked to some exciting players, to be fair. I dont believe that this is a 1 season outlay and is actually the start of some regular investment as Ashley is looking to turn some regular profit. My biggest gripe at this stage is that instead of going for someone who's completely suited to this structure and will actually improve these players (which can only benefit the performance of the team and this make us competitive) hes gone for a bag of marshmallows in a tracksuit.

Guest The Little Waster

To be honest, I'm coming around to the strategy. We're being linked to some exciting players, to be fair. I dont believe that this is a 1 season outlay and is actually the start of some regular investment as Ashley is looking to turn some regular profit.

Lolololololololololololololololol

This guy makes my balls ache with sadness. Steve f***ing Bruce.

To be honest, I'm coming around to the strategy. We're being linked to some exciting players, to be fair. I dont believe that this is a 1 season outlay and is actually the start of some regular investment as Ashley is looking to turn some regular profit.

Thought I might get this.

Think £40m is just too much of a gamble to be just an isolated investment. If it works out and he increases his value, then why would Ashley just stop there?

Happy to have that explained to me.

Guest The Little Waster

Think £40m is just too much of a gamble to be just an isolated investment. If it works out and he increases his value, then why would Ashley just stop there?

History...

History...

Think the only precedent to this is the McLaren years, where we got relegated, so it's not surpirsing he didnt pursue it. Plus the market wasnt as inflated as it is now.

But I'm ok with accepting that you think he'll make money then chose not to continue to make money.

Sounds like he chose Joelinton over Rafa which would suggest hes keener to back his scouts.

Guest The Little Waster

History...

Think the only precedent to this is the McLaren years, where we got relegated, so it's not surpirsing he didnt pursue it. Plus the market wasnt as inflated as it is now.

But I'm ok with accepting that you think he'll make money then chose not to continue to make money.

Sounds like he chose Joelinton over Rafa which would suggest hes keener to back his scouts.

Lol , go back and understand the history ...

To be honest, I'm coming around to the strategy. We're being linked to some exciting players, to be fair. I dont believe that this is a 1 season outlay and is actually the start of some regular investment as Ashley is looking to turn some regular profit. My biggest gripe at this stage is that instead of going for someone who's completely suited to this structure and will actually improve these players (which can only benefit the performance of the team and this make us competitive) hes gone for a bag of marshmallows in a tracksuit.

What the hell is wrong with you ?

History...

Lol , go back and understand the history ...

Brillaint.

I think if people think I'm endorsing this approach, I'm not. I'm just not, and never have been against it. Again, that's not me saying I'd rather this than rafa but the principle of this strategy is tried and tested at other clubs.

40m is a significant outlay and it doesn't look like its gonna be the only one the next few days. There is no precedent of this type of investment so I'm unsure why my perspective is so wrong.

So the question is, when he turns a profit on these players is he just going to stop this approach?

Guest The Little Waster

40m is a significant outlay and it doesn't look like its gonna be the only one the next few days. THERE IS NO PRECEDENT OF THIS TYPE OF INVESTMENT so I'm unsure why my perspective is so wrong.

" Think the only precedent to this is the McLaren years, where we got relegated, " ( Thumbheed )

Lol

You’re not against trying to just survive while selling players? What’s the point of it?

I'm absolutely against trying to survive, and as I've mentioned before Steve Bruce will ensure that is what will happen.

I want this to fail because I want Ashley to fuck off, but if I look at it objectively, sans Bruce it isn't the worst strategy. 

40m is a significant outlay and it doesn't look like its gonna be the only one the next few days. There is no precedent of this type of investment so I'm unsure why my perspective is so wrong.

" Think the only precedent to this is the McLaren years, where we got relegated, "

Lol

"Lol" ffs

You’re not against trying to just survive while selling players? What’s the point of it?

I'm absolutely against trying to survive, and as I've mentioned before Steve Bruce will ensure that is what will happen.

I want this to fail because I want Ashley to fuck off, but if I look at it objectively, sans Bruce it isn't the worst strategy. 

But surely it depends why you’re doing it? We shouldn’t need to sell players, keep spending minimal and never try to progress.

We just let a world class manager walk out the door, that tells me the ‘strategy’ does not have any place in it for sporting success.

If we had a strategy of sometimes selling an asset in order to fund improvement, you might have a point.

I want this to fail because I want Ashley to f*** off, but if I look at it objectively, sans Bruce it isn't the worst strategy. 

But surely it depends why you’re doing it? We shouldn’t need to sell players, keep spending minimal and never try to progress.

We just let a world class manager walk out the door, that tells me the ‘strategy’ does not have any place in it for sporting success.

If we had a strategy of sometimes selling an asset in order to fund improvement, you might have a point.

Yeh, I agree. I dont agree with the reasons hes chosen to implent this strategy. I certainly dont agree with him choosing this strategy over Rafa, my only commentary on this is that objectively speaking it's a tried an detested strategy that it being executed wrong. I'm also saying that should it work for him than he'll keep with it because hes a money hungry cunt.

Time and time again Ashley has proven that he's not capable, and in most aspects unwilling, to take the club forward - this inability and unwillingness taken to a new level this summer - and time and time again, our fans, after the initial anger dissipates, start suggesting that Ashley might be into something here (or to accept it and start 'supporting the team').

As long as he's here, we will NEVER EVER become anything other than at the mercy of Ashley's flawed fundamentals. How can anyone be secure with that thought??