Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

My personal view, I've always quite liked Steve Bruce. I don't think he's a very good manager (certainly a massive downgrade on Rafa), but I've always liked him as a guy. Nothing I've seen so far has changed that. I personally do believe that he has the club at heart (I know a couple of his close friends and he is definitely NUFC through and through... always has been). I don't blame him for taking the job... any NUFC fan who was offered it would jump at the chance thinking that they could make it tick again.

happy enough to ignore his total shithousery to sheff wed then?  and his previous record for fucking clubs over to further his own ambition

nice guy steve

I personally pay no attention to things like that, clubs are quick to fire managers when things are looking slightly dodgy while obviously managers will jump to what they perceive as a better job at the first given opportunity theres no moral high ground

Yeah this is a bit of a poor excuse for a dig and it's all very much faux twitter/daily mail outrage. Be pissy about his comments about the US post Sunderland matches but lets not get delicate about stuff that doesn't affect us.

Its just football nowadays and we're hardly innocent ourselves, Perez got shit loads of abuse on here and from the stands until he turned hero.

you two do whatever the fuck you like but if it looks like a shithouse and smells like a shithouse then it's probably a shithouse lads

His quotes in full;

“All talks I’ve had over the last week or so have been positive and about improving the club and taking the club forward and let’s hope that this is just the start. It’s been quite hectic to say the least – it’s come out of the blue so quickly and before I know it I’m on a plane to China. It’s been a little bit surreal but I’m  delighted to be given the opportunity. I’m extremely proud and honoured to be given the position. To actually be sitting in the number one seat is quite a remarkable thing for me. I will try as best as I possibly can. I like to think every club has been in a better position after I took over – and that has to be the aim here. And just to be given a fair crack of the whip is all I ask. I’ve got a good group I’ve inherited and I’ve enjoyed working with them over the last few days. They’ve been very, very positive towards me and my staff. I’m sure they all got a lift seeing this lad walk through the door. It’s been going on for a little bit now, so to get him (Joelinton) is great for everybody. He’s got everything that a modern-day player wants. He’s big, strong and athletic, and of course he’s got age on his side too which is vitally important. He needs big broad shoulders for sure but he has that in abundance. Obviously now he needs a bit of luck along the way but he has the potential to be a top-class centre forward and we are delighted to get him here. Mike (Ashley) came in to wish myself and the staff that he hasn’t met before the best of luck. He met the new centre-forward. He took an interest in training and wished us all luck, which was good to see. I think it is always key to have a positive relationship. You need to get on with the people you work with – I am not really interested in what’s gone on before.

“So far he has been straight as a dye. I have asked him a few questions and I’ve got a few straight answers. We’re working hard to make sure we bring in one or two more. It’s rumbling on. Transfers, these days, seem to take an eternity because, obviously, they’re complicated. We’re doing everything we can. Lee Charnley is working every hour behind the scenes.

“Whether something is really, really close – I don’t think so, but I believe by the time the season kicks off we will have certainly one or two more players who can add to the squad. We know we need more…we don’t just want to settle for staying in the league. My aim is to keep improving. I know I have a big shoes to fill: whoever was sitting here was going to find it difficult. I’m from the city and Newcastle is always a result I’ve watched, certainly since I was a boy. I was deemed never good enough to play for the club; I had a chance a few years ago to manage the club that I regretted. This time I had to grasp it. I’ve come into it with my eyes wide open. I’m a resilient so-and-so and I just hope I’m given a fair crack of the whip and for the fans to give me a chance. I’m confident. I’m terribly disappointed by what’s happened at Sheff Wed. I thought I shook the hand of the owner. The pull of this club was too great. I couldn’t give up the opportunity.

There was no hesitation at all (when offered the job). No, no, no. Not at all. It would have been the easy thing to say no. Being at the stadium yesterday, even when it is empty, it was like goosebump stuff. At the end of the day, I am a Geordie and that is probably the reason I am sitting here. It could have been quite easy to say ‘Nah’ because I was aware of the problems, aware they wwere big shoes to fill. But I would have regretted it to give up that opportunity. Listen, I’m not going to speak about Rafa, but he’s ended up going and working in China… which is fair enough. It’s got nothing to do with me about ambition or the rest of it; my ambition was to manage Newcastle and take it forward. That ambition of mine has burned for a very, very long time. I’m delighted to be given the opportunity. I’m not going to be anybody’s yes man. I’m too long in the tooth for that. I’ve heard it said that I’m a puppet or not in charge of transfers or what have you, but I can only report on how he’s been with myself and he’s been straight down the line in the conversations I’ve had. That can only be a good thing. I’m not his bagman or anything else. I will certainly be my own man, I always have. And all I can ask is to be given a chance. Whoever was going to be sitting here would find it difficult, with the support (Rafa) had from the fans – it was quite phenomenal. Unbelievable. Whoever was sitting here would have big shoes to fill, but let me have a crack.”

My personal view, I've always quite liked Steve Bruce. I don't think he's a very good manager (certainly a massive downgrade on Rafa), but I've always liked him as a guy. Nothing I've seen so far has changed that. I personally do believe that he has the club at heart (I know a couple of his close friends and he is definitely NUFC through and through... always has been). I don't blame him for taking the job... any NUFC fan who was offered it would jump at the chance thinking that they could make it tick again.

happy enough to ignore his total shithousery to sheff wed then?  and his previous record for f***ing clubs over to further his own ambition

nice guy steve

Or his playing a song bullshit if Sunderland beat us. The anaphylactic faced c*** can f*** off

Nufc through and through  :lol: :lol:

Wonder how many matches he has been too

like the sentiment that he can be a total shitbag to clubs throughout his career as long as it's not us as if there's no link :anguish:

Similarly "give him a chance" as he hasn't managed to fuck it up here yet, ignoring his shit record at other clubs which is the only info we have :lol:

He’ll fail. You won’t get Pardew dumb luck again

If by some miracle short or medium term it does "work" it will be far more to do with the players brought in under Rafa and the ideas/1-1/ coaching he gave than anything Bruce comes up with.

You do realise just how extreme the views on this forum are right? Literally every fan I've spoken to outside of here (some of the guys I used to go to the game with, and some lads I play 5 a side with)... they're all willing to give him a chance. The anger is solely directed in one direction, and it's not Bruce's.

This place and Twitter just aren't remotely parallel to the general feeling... not even close. A very loud, aggressive and militant echo chamber.

The day I heard that we were looking to appoint Steve Bruce that much was pretty obvious for me. That was before I learned that we were willing to pay £4m compensation for him as well. For a few seconds I was racking my brains trying to work out why we would be so focused on signing an underachiever like him before the penny dropped. It was the perfect appointment to ward off any major protests from fans. Give the job to one of their own and it would stop them dead in their tracks. Throw in some big signings which won't actually cost much due to our careful budgeting, and we have a double whammy to get the fans back onside. The only way it won't work is if Bruce has a disastrous start to the season.

His quotes in full;

“All talks I’ve had over the last week or so have been positive and about improving the club and taking the club forward and let’s hope that this is just the start. It’s been quite hectic to say the least – it’s come out of the blue so quickly and before I know it I’m on a plane to China. It’s been a little bit surreal but I’m  delighted to be given the opportunity. I’m extremely proud and honoured to be given the position. To actually be sitting in the number one seat is quite a remarkable thing for me. I will try as best as I possibly can. I like to think every club has been in a better position after I took over – and that has to be the aim here. And just to be given a fair crack of the whip is all I ask. I’ve got a good group I’ve inherited and I’ve enjoyed working with them over the last few days. They’ve been very, very positive towards me and my staff. I’m sure they all got a lift seeing this lad walk through the door. It’s been going on for a little bit now, so to get him (Joelinton) is great for everybody. He’s got everything that a modern-day player wants. He’s big, strong and athletic, and of course he’s got age on his side too which is vitally important. He needs big broad shoulders for sure but he has that in abundance. Obviously now he needs a bit of luck along the way but he has the potential to be a top-class centre forward and we are delighted to get him here. Mike (Ashley) came in to wish myself and the staff that he hasn’t met before the best of luck. He met the new centre-forward. He took an interest in training and wished us all luck, which was good to see. I think it is always key to have a positive relationship. You need to get on with the people you work with – I am not really interested in what’s gone on before.

“So far he has been straight as a dye. I have asked him a few questions and I’ve got a few straight answers. We’re working hard to make sure we bring in one or two more. It’s rumbling on. Transfers, these days, seem to take an eternity because, obviously, they’re complicated. We’re doing everything we can. Lee Charnley is working every hour behind the scenes.

“Whether something is really, really close – I don’t think so, but I believe by the time the season kicks off we will have certainly one or two more players who can add to the squad. We know we need more…we don’t just want to settle for staying in the league. My aim is to keep improving. I know I have a big shoes to fill: whoever was sitting here was going to find it difficult. I’m from the city and Newcastle is always a result I’ve watched, certainly since I was a boy. I was deemed never good enough to play for the club; I had a chance a few years ago to manage the club that I regretted. This time I had to grasp it. I’ve come into it with my eyes wide open. I’m a resilient so-and-so and I just hope I’m given a fair crack of the whip and for the fans to give me a chance. I’m confident. I’m terribly disappointed by what’s happened at Sheff Wed. I thought I shook the hand of the owner. The pull of this club was too great. I couldn’t give up the opportunity.

There was no hesitation at all (when offered the job). No, no, no. Not at all. It would have been the easy thing to say no. Being at the stadium yesterday, even when it is empty, it was like goosebump stuff. At the end of the day, I am a Geordie and that is probably the reason I am sitting here. It could have been quite easy to say ‘Nah’ because I was aware of the problems, aware they wwere big shoes to fill. But I would have regretted it to give up that opportunity. Listen, I’m not going to speak about Rafa, but he’s ended up going and working in China… which is fair enough. It’s got nothing to do with me about ambition or the rest of it; my ambition was to manage Newcastle and take it forward. That ambition of mine has burned for a very, very long time. I’m delighted to be given the opportunity. I’m not going to be anybody’s yes man. I’m too long in the tooth for that. I’ve heard it said that I’m a puppet or not in charge of transfers or what have you, but I can only report on how he’s been with myself and he’s been straight down the line in the conversations I’ve had. That can only be a good thing. I’m not his bagman or anything else. I will certainly be my own man, I always have. And all I can ask is to be given a chance. Whoever was going to be sitting here would find it difficult, with the support (Rafa) had from the fans – it was quite phenomenal. Unbelievable. Whoever was sitting here would have big shoes to fill, but let me have a crack.”

Not even sure why i read that.  :lol:

Transfers, these days, seem to take an eternity because, obviously, they’re complicated. We’re doing everything we can. Lee Charnley is working every hour behind the scenes.

Only incoming ones for some strange reason. Outgoing on the other hand, a couple of days

The local journos are loving this bent nosed cunt for all of the soundbites.

Rafa seemed completely in control of the message whereas this blabber mouthed bellend is just spraying his shit everywhere like a verbalised Ron Jeremy.

They're all over him as he's filling the back pages with utter garbage.

Can't wait til he fails and they're forced to turn on him as they run out of idea's to protect his ass.

Optimistic Nut[/member] - I Always thought we’d have gotten Gio or that Bruno guy or another up and comer hipster head coach who’d be on the cheap. Gio was my first choice to be honest.

Optimistic Nut[/member] - I Always thought we’d have gotten Gio or that Bruno guy or another up and comer hipster head coach who’d be on the cheap. Gio was my first choice to be honest.

I think that poses a risk in the sense that Ashley doesn't want the team to do well, he just wants a platform to market these players.

His quotes in full;

“So far he has been straight as a dye. I have asked him a few questions and I’ve got a few straight answers. We’re working hard to make sure we bring in one or two more. It’s rumbling on. "Transfers, these days, seem to take an eternity because, obviously, they’re complicated. We’re doing everything we can." Lee Charnley is working every hour behind the scenes.

I think Ashley has been telling him what to say. Club propaganda at it's finest.

I just can't bring myself to be particularly angry at a guy who has fallen on his feet and taken a dream job. We all would have done it too.

I am an outsider so feel free to disregard this post.

Couple of points. Why is he is NUFC through and through a criteria to fill the most the important position in a 100 million dollar operation? This point is not just at Newcastle but at other clubs also. It also seems to be a common line to justify PFM appointments at other places.

I get it if the person has a unique connection, best placed to incorporate a style of football due to his past connection with the club like Guardiola or Keegan. Or the person can use his legendary status to make changes which other people cant, like Zidane. But otherwise, does it matter? Especially with someone as shit as a resume as Bruce. I am dreading the time, the calls for Gerrard to take over, start in the media.

If he is definitely NUFC through and through and has the club at heart, why did he manage Sunderland? It is not like he needed the money? He had opportunities to manage NUFC in the past which he turned down.

Steve Bruce might have a soft spot for NUFC, but let us be honest. He is here because at this stage in his career, no other club with even half the profile of NUFC in the premier league would touch him with a bargepole. That is the only reason. He probably cannot believe the fact that he is at a PL club. He also knows that even if he fails miserably, as long as he is being discussed in the media (which your club will ensure due to its profile), PFMs are like whac-a-mole, will pop up somewhere.