Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Yak

This is what happens when a journalist is completely out of their depth. They develop a complex due to having their arguments regularly picked apart publicly. It's always sad when these journalists need to ask their followers for validation.

So samptime29[/member] - where do you think we would have finished this season had we kept Perez and Rondon and not bought Joelinton and ASM? Under Bruce I mean, not Rafa. Top 6?

I think we'd be around 10th.

So genuine question, if he gets backed in the transfer market in summer, why would you want to get rid of him? Where do you think we should be finishing?

Because that would be around his ceiling. I want to the club to get back into Europe. I want us to progress and get better and better.

But this all comes back to me saying he's done okay this season, and posters making deluded arguments about how he's been a "failure". Tron saying losing 55% of your league goals is "meaningless guff." It's a terrible argument, that makes no sense. Our last 3 seasons:

44 points 17-18

45 points 18-19

44 points 19-20 (with a game to go).

So say the Saudi takeover goes through, Bruce gets £200m to spend - you still think we finish 10th?

So samptime29[/member] - where do you think we would have finished this season had we kept Perez and Rondon and not bought Joelinton and ASM? Under Bruce I mean, not Rafa. Top 6?

So genuine question, if he gets backed in the transfer market in summer, why would you want to get rid of him? Where do you think we should be finishing?

Because that would be around his ceiling. I want to the club to get back into Europe. I want us to progress and get better and better.

But this all comes back to me saying he's done okay this season, and posters making deluded arguments about how he's been a "failure". Tron saying losing 55% of your league goals is "meaningless guff." It's a terrible argument, that makes no sense. Our last 3 seasons:

44 points 17-18

45 points 18-19

So say the Saudi takeover goes through, Bruce gets £200m to spend - you still think we finish 10th?

Probably a bit higher but I wouldn't have confidence in Bruce to deliver on the investment to get us into Europe. Spending that kind of money you need a higher quality coach to get the most out of it imo.

44 points 17-18

45 points 18-19

Probably a bit higher but I wouldn't have confidence in Bruce to deliver on the investment to get us into Europe. Spending that kind of money you need a higher quality coach to get the most out of it imo.

That's fair enough. Cheers for responding :)

The over the top defence of him and total exaggeration of the job he has done from pundits hasn't done Bruce any good with the support, even if they think it has.

Guest neesy111

I can't really understand how much debate this generates.

Question - is Steve Bruce a top-level Premier League manager?

Answer - of course not.

Thanks, let's move on.

Correct.

The debate is about whether he has done well this season.

He has surpassed any lowly expectations I had of him.

His record overall tells me it's as good as we will get with Steve unfortunately. But then I'm not sure anyone would agree to Steve being the future vision of a competitive/competent nufc, just a Mike Ashley one.

And just to add to that, prior to him becoming our manager I had no opinion of him as a person or manager other than being a bit meh!

More I've heard and seen from him I've began to dislike him a bit personally. He talks waaaaay too much and for the best part it's just nicey nice plucky us blather.

It feels like pardew all over again but with a soft Geordie accent. Back to drilling into us we should be happy we exist.

The football was actually worse than I was expecting, the results were better. 

And as we all know from experience that ordinarily a season built on shit performances is a house built on sand, it hasn't left me particularly impressed overall.

Plus he's very false and self-serving.  Somehow he seems to realise he's shit but also has a massive ego on him.  And his mates in the media are arseholes.

And as we all know from experience that ordinarily a season built on shit performances is a house built on sand, it hasn't left me particularly impressed overall.

Plus he's very false and self-serving.  Somehow he seems to realise he's shit but also has a massive ego on him.  And his mates in the media are arseholes.

Pretty much summed up perfectly there.

He’s done better than I expected as I thought we’d go down!

The players seem to like him which is no surprise if they get three days off after a win!

He inherited a solid defensive base and it’s gone to pot and It’s been the worst football I’ve ever seen at SJP and if it wasn’t for the Dubravka then I do think that we’d be in the bottom three! There is no style of play and his quotes are similar to the patronising shite that Pardew churned out not to mention his constant digs at Rafa!

Pre-lockdown, we were virtually bottom in every attacking measure! The luck we've had this season simply beggars belief!

He’s also getting praise for reaching the FA Cup quarters after beating two League one teams via replays and a second string Championship team!

Here’s hoping it’s his last 90 minutes as our manager on Sunday!

I fully agree...great summary

And just to add to that, prior to him becoming our manager I had no opinion of him as a person or manager other than being a bit meh!

More I've heard and seen from him I've began to dislike him a bit personally. He talks waaaaay too much and for the best part it's just nicey nice plucky us blather.

It feels like pardew all over again but with a soft Geordie accent. Back to drilling into us we should be happy we exist.

I was exactly the same.  I had no opinion of him whatsoever.  I watched him go from sometimes average clubs to bad clubs where nothing seemed to happen.  There was certainly no progress at his previous clubs.  However watching him coach our team and listening to his inane ramblings I have come to loath the man immensely.

Guest Howaythetoon

He’s done better than I expected as I thought we’d go down!

The players seem to like him which is no surprise if they get three days off after a win!

He inherited a solid defensive base and it’s gone to pot and It’s been the worst football I’ve ever seen at SJP and if it wasn’t for the Dubravka then I do think that we’d be in the bottom three! There is no style of play and his quotes are similar to the patronising shite that Pardew churned out not to mention his constant digs at Rafa!

Pre-lockdown, we were virtually bottom in every attacking measure! The luck we've had this season simply beggars belief!

He’s also getting praise for reaching the FA Cup quarters after beating two League one teams via replays and a second string Championship team!

Here’s hoping it’s his last 90 minutes as our manager on Sunday!

This