Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

7 figure compensation being reported in stopping Ashley sacking him :o

Wouldn't that be the case with EVERY manger, likely in the Championship and Premiership? It was widely reported he was going to be the lowest paid manager in the league when he took over. Still raking in 1m a year and a year and a half on his contract.

His quotes to the BBC after that game:

"Ultimately I take the responsibility because I pick the players, but some of them have got to have a look at themselves too," Bruce told BBC WM.

"From back to front we were awful in a lot of aspects, but I've mentioned it far too many times, it's arguably the worst one I've faced, but that's the way it is.

"We can talk about tactics and 'you don't know what you're doing' and 'dinosaurs are going to come out', but at the end of the day we didn't put our boots on."

"When you're the manager of [blank] and you get beaten in the manner we did today you've got to accept the flack that comes your way," he added after a fifth successive game without a win.

"Whether that's going to be the case, I sincerely hope not, but I've got to be expected to face that because the first half was my fault."

Bruce added: "Is there anybody better? I'm sure people are going to ring in and say 'yes there is', and if that's the case so be it."

Well, I googled "dust wasels doon" and found the below, posted on RTG in May 2013:

well we rode wor luck at teymes thats for shuuwa, but we were very unlucky to concede seven goals thats for shuuwa. Am gowna teyke this on the chin, 'av been knocked down many teymes in football and picked maself up each teyme, wa gowna dust worselves down and roll wor sleeves up and lick wor wounds and pull wor socks up and dust worselves down agen

Absolute carbon copy to 2021. Unreal.

How can a person that played 309 times for Alex Fergusons Manchester United watch the style of football Newcastle play and say its acceptable for a top 20 team in one of the strongest leagues in the world

7 figure compensation being reported in stopping Ashley sacking him :o

Wouldn't that be the case with EVERY manger, likely in the Championship and Premiership? It was widely reported he was going to be the lowest paid manager in the league when he took over. Still raking in 1m a year and a year and a half on his contract.

He’s looking at a 9-figure loss of Bruce stays with in place.

‘Good businessman’ though...

He paid £4m to get him, fuck him if he's got to spend £10m+ to sack the useless fuckwit.

He let Rafa walk away and it was a conscious decision to go and get Bruce. Shit comes home to roost. You get what you pay for.

:lol: Exactly the fucking same. No doubt there'll be identical quotes you could dig up from Sunderland etc.

Worth remembering, Dean Smith, a manager who had only managed Walsall and Brentford took over from him, with the squad he had in that league, won 11 matches in a row, and took us from the arse end of the table to play off victory (including a semi final against Albion, a fixture Bruce would have bottled)  and promotion

I remember the match against Preston, which we drew 3-3, and Glen Whelan missed a 94th minute penalty - genuinely not joking, pretty much every one of us was hoping Whelan would miss because it would have finished Bruce off, and it did.

An entirely unremarkable player who is remembered with utter fondness by our fans because he was the person who knocked the last nail into the Bruce coffin.

He paid £4m to get him, f*** him if he's got to spend £10m+ to sack the useless fuckwit.

He let Rafa walk away and it was a conscious decision to go and get Bruce. s*** comes home to roost. You get what you pay for.

It still bewilders me that the job of football manager lets the incumbent fail horrendously, be utterly incompetent, resulting in getting sacked and yet still get compensation at the end of it.

Also, on the point of Rafa, I can't help but wonder why Fatty didn't just give Rafa the money he spent on bringing Bruce to the club, along with the transfer money that Bruce inevitably wasted, he must have know he'd be releasing the funds that ended up being spent. The mind boggles.

Imagine how toxic the ground would be right now if fans were allowed in. I don’t think it’s the same as Pardew where a fairly significant portion still wanted him there, or with Mcclaren who was a good bloke but just

not up to the job. I don’t know any Newcastle fan that likes this bloke or rates him as a good manager.

It really wouldn't be. It was full of sheep before pandemic. This is what the go to the game regardless crew had asked for and got what they deserve so can't complain really

There'd be 40,000 suckers sitting in silence apart from a full time beeeew and blaming everyone but Geordie Hero Brewcie.

ashley admitted it himself. he found rafa to be ungrateful, whingeing, and never satisfied.

"it was always something else with rafa" is one of his quotes. cunt. fancy always wanting to improve?

It infuriated Ashley that Rafa wouldn't sign off on the Joelinton deal.  He expected Rafa to be overflowing with gratitude and instead Rafa told him it was a bad idea.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7290821/Mike-Ashley-insists-impossible-hold-Rafa-Benitez-Newcastle.html

:lol: Exactly the f***ing same. No doubt there'll be identical quotes you could dig up from Sunderland etc.

Worth remembering, Dean Smith, a manager who had only managed Walsall and Brentford took over from him, with the squad he had in that league, won 11 matches in a row, and took us from the arse end of the table to play off victory (including a semi final against Albion, a fixture Bruce would have bottled)  and promotion

I remember the match against Preston, which we drew 3-3, and Glen Whelan missed a 94th minute penalty - genuinely not joking, pretty much every one of us was hoping Whelan would miss because it would have finished Bruce off, and it did.

An entirely unremarkable player who is remembered with utter fondness by our fans because he was the person who knocked the last nail into the Bruce coffin.

Brummie, I say it quite often. If Bruce is as good as the pundits suggest he is, how f**king great must Dean Smith be yet he gets a fraction of the praise from what I see. Not just because Villa are better in every way shape and form than us right now but because they literally had the same tools to work with and Smith has achieved every remit, where Bruce failed.... and had a cabbage thrown at him.

You must be as deluded as we are of course, is the only explanation.

ashley admitted it himself. he found rafa to be ungrateful, whingeing, and never satisfied.

"it was always something else with rafa" is one of his quotes. cunt. fancy always wanting to improve?

It infuriated Ashley that Rafa wouldn't sign off on the Joelinton deal.  He expected Rafa to be overflowing with gratitude and instead Rafa told him it was a bad idea.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7290821/Mike-Ashley-insists-impossible-hold-Rafa-Benitez-Newcastle.html

To think Rafa knew more about football than Ashley. Who'd have thought it eh?

Definitely think now is the time to protest Bruce, initially I thought a cabbage dump at SJP but figured a bit insensitive with growing UK child poverty, definitely think there is the need for something physical and tangible though with the absence of fans at the stadium.

The most obvious route to me would seem to be a mass emailing organised by NUST with a stock letter (adapted to show you aren’t a bot) to be sent to NUFC, PCP and the Shields Gazette (for independent verification) simultaneously explaining our relegation concerns.

Once Ashley gets wind of fans contacting the consortium in huge numbers he will spook and sack Bruce in my opinion