Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I just don't believe him. If it's happened then it's obviously bang out of order but I don't believe anything he says, he's a bullshitter. I don't believe his shite about getting nice letters last week and I don't believe this shite either. If it's happened then let's see it and see what action the Police take. Until I see the posts it hasn't happened tbph.

Exactly this , it just strikes me as opportunism with the Mike Dean situation being so prominent. Also has a distinct wiff of Bishop's  p.r. to it. Don't know why but it reminds me of Colo's letter .

I just don't believe him. If it's happened then it's obviously bang out of order but I don't believe anything he says, he's a bullshitter. I don't believe his s**** about getting nice letters last week and I don't believe this s**** either. If it's happened then let's see it and see what action the Police take. Until I see the posts it hasn't happened tbph.

He did say last week he doesn’t look at anything on social media. Could be his knob of a son telling him. I’ve not seen anything in my jaunts through various posts on Twitter.

In all fairness, im not sure if he's specifically saying he's had death threats from Newcastle fans like. It sounds like he's referencing it as a wider issue and then with regards to Mike Dean. Thats the way it came across to me anyway

Agreed, he's on about the Dean stuff there I think, not saying he's had them.

[tweet]1359823880014151681[/tweet]

In all fairness, im not sure if he's specifically saying he's had death threats from Newcastle fans like. It sounds like he's referencing it as a wider issue and then with regards to Mike Dean. Thats the way it came across to me anyway

Agreed, he's on about the Dean stuff there I think, not saying he's had them.

According to his best mate Edwards he has had then via his son’s account.

That aside, I think he said people had ‘wished he died of Covid” from what I read.

“ The Magpies manager, who is not on social media himself, says his family have told him about some of the ‘vile and obscene’ abuse he has suffered online, including one user wishing him dead from Covid.”

So what, his family are going round telling him that people hope he dies? I mean why would you do that? :lol:

Either his family hate him, or he's google-searching his own name all the time to see what people are saying.

Whether in jest or not; it’s not on suggesting death on anyone. Social Media is a disgrace tbh, you simply shouldn’t be allowed to make such “threats” and be immune to identification. It shouldn’t even be up for debate.

It absolutely should be up for debate. So you’re advocating someone making a joke online leading to police consequences? That’s ridiculous. A legit death threat addressed to a person fair enough, but he hasn’t reported it to the police. I actively hope Mike Ashley dies, that’s not a death threat, and it’s not illegal and not should it be. If him and Farage dropped dead tomorrow world would be way better off. OTT reactions like this will get civil liberties taken away

Imagine how much better off we'd all be if when Farage was in that plane crash, his plane had hit Ashley's helicopter on the way down.  :whistle:

What a load of shit. Someone saying they wish he’d die of Covid is hardly a ‘death threat’ whereby the clue in the title is that a ‘threat’ has been made. I bet Bruce would be more bothered if someone ‘threatened’ to hide his knife and fork.

Honestly I don’t get why people are so intent on not believing him. Yes he’s an idiot and we don’t like him, but he probably has a better idea of whether it’s true than us, so not really our place to make a judgment that he’s lying and ultimately it doesn’t take away from the fact he’s been a disaster if he is sometimes correct about something.

Fwiw this has been blown out of proportion. The comments were more in general about death threats and not specifically him. Yes he implied he had been the recipient but in fairness he never stated how excessive they were to him. But given how many awful people hide behind social media profiles to say disgusting things, is it really that surprising if some people (even if just a small minority) have indirectly made such threats?

Our fans are getting absolutely hammered by other fans on social media for his comments - the usual idiotic "death threats because their team are mid-table deluded blah blah blah".

If it's genuine, then let's see it! The same applies to the hundreds of good wishes letters too!

Guest neesy111

Direct messages and death threats are absolutely unacceptable.

I'm just dubious why they didn't mention this in weeks where this happened and reported it.

I have been listening to TalkSport since 10 whilst working to hear what Alex Bruce has got to say in Bruce’s new attempt at playing the victim card.

What an absolutely awful listen it is. Advert break every 10 minutes and just a load of “yer da’s” whose opinions count for nothing talking about subjects nobody cares about. Don’t know how some people listen to this utter shite religiously. It’s the Sports Direct of radio.

Direct messages and death threats are absolutely unacceptable.

I'm just dubious why they didn't mention this in weeks where this happened and reported it.

I think it's the Mike Dean death threats that has sparked off the Social media stuff. I assume Bruce was asked about it and brought up his own (alleged) abuse