Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

I despise the narrative that he "deserves" a chance, nobody deserves shit, you have to work for it. Has he worked and earned his spot here? Not at all. Get him gone ASAP, let's get the club moving after 13 years of regression.

Keep him to clean the boots.

Oh, actually, no. I forget you don't need a spanner to tighten the studs these days.

I despise the narrative that he "deserves" a chance, nobody deserves shit, you have to work for it. Has he worked and earned his spot here? Not at all. Get him gone ASAP, let's get the club moving after 13 years of regression.

I tend to stay away from twitter and facebook, and sometimes I forget that there even is such a narrative. It would do my head in tbh.

Bruce............'I was on the verge of winning the FA cup and turning my boyhood club into title contenders'

'I said from the moment that I came into the club that I'd bring attacking football back and have us challenging for titles. I'd like to think I achieved that'

'But Steve you've blamed Rafa all season for the way you play, which has lead to some of the worst attacking statistics in the league, with results leaving your side hovering around the relegation spots all season'

'Are you calling me a liar?'

Bruce............'I was on the verge of winning the FA cup and turning my boyhood club into title contenders'

'I said from the moment that I came into the club that I'd bring attacking football back and have us challenging for titles. I'd like to think I achieved that'

'But Steve you've blamed Rafa all season for the way you play, which has lead to some of the worst attacking statistics in the league, with results leaving your side hovering around the relegation spots all season'

'Are you calling me a liar?'

Brucey-Fired.jpg

Guest NobbyOhNobby

"Well, you know, I just feel I didn't really get a chance, you know. I thought I did a great job at Newcastle, where I'm from, you know. But the new regime decided they wanted to go in a different direction, you know. So they've, you know, employed a different manager who isn't from here, who doesn't understand the place, who doesn't have the track record I've got, you know, bacon? So I'm obviously hurt, you know. When I was born in Corbridge, I never thought I'd be so upset by the club I loved when it suited me, you know. And that's sad. I've had a lot of texts of support. Mainly from the other Steves, but still texts, you know. But, you know, I'll lick myself down and dust my wounds. And I'll come back stronger, hopefully at another big club, you know, biscuits?"

"Well, you know, I just feel I didn't really get a chance, you know. I thought I did a great job at Newcastle, where I'm from, you know. But the new regime decided they wanted to go in a different direction, you know. So they've, you know, employed a different manager who isn't from here, who doesn't understand the place, who doesn't have the track record I've got, you know, bacon? So I'm obviously hurt, you know. When I was born in Corbridge, I never thought I'd be so upset by the club I loved when it suited me, you know. And that's sad. I've had a lot of texts of support. Mainly from the other Steves, but still texts, you know. But, you know, I'll lick myself down and dust my wounds. And I'll come back stronger, hopefully at another big club, you know, biscuits?"

Perfect.  :D

I read that in his stupid accent he has  :lol:

On the subject of his stupid accent, someone posted a clip of him and Shearer doing punditry before one of our matches mid-90s a few weeks ago. Bruce and Shearer were both talking like normal Geordies. At what point did they develop that minging way of pronouncing their Os? If it's a case of making themselves more understandable to others from outside the region, how come Ant and Dec have managed to dominate Saturday night telly for the last decade and a half without having to do this? It'll never not annoy me. :lol:

Does Shearer do it?

Yes. He's half way to becoming Chris Waddle.

There's no excuse for it either. I lived abroad for years and had to talk like that just to be understand, but as soon as me mam called I'd just flick back to normal.

Does Shearer do it?

There's no excuse for it either. I lived abroad for years and had to talk like that just to be understand, but as soon as me mam called I'd just flick back to normal.

I lived away for ages when I was younger and retained the accent. Never once did I want to consciously think about my accent whenever I spoke. I find people that do that sort of thing are weird as fuck. Are they embarassed to sound like they are from where they are?

If we play out the rest of the season and he's kept in charge it will be horrible to watch man.

He'll be sucking up non stop and trying to curry favour and weasel his way into being kept on, as improbable as that would be. He'll also be asking his corny chums in the media to play up his chances.

It will be so so awful man. Hope they just cancel the rest of the season now. Couldn't bear it.

Does Shearer do it?

I lived away for ages when I was younger and retained the accent. Never once did I want to consciously think about my accent whenever I spoke. I find people that do that sort of thing are weird as f***. Are they embarassed to sound like they are from where they are?

People who come back from 2 terms at Leeds Uni with a Yorkshire twang are weird as f***.

If you live abroad though, you might find that non-native speakers struggle with the flat Geordie 'O' and 'A'. I would consciously do a Steve Bruce accent just for convenience. Even after years of doing it though, on a daily basis, it never felt natural and I could always go back to Geordie easily.

I've also experienced difficulties communitcating with people outside of the UK. In most of the UK 'sure' is a homophone for 'shaw', whereas we unleash its bisyllabic musical beauty. I f***ing love my accent me.