Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

It's honestly the easiest job in world football now. In a thoroughly bleak season it has taken a dismal defeat against a side with 2 points in 17 games for the manager to experience any serious criticism. The remit is to exist with no fuss, if you do that then you're in no danger of losing your job. It's a piece of piss.

I don't have an account. What thre sentence/paragraph that refers to the optional training ?

“Given Bruce’s stern post-match rhetoric, some players were taken by surprise when the next day’s warm-down session remained “optional”.

I think we all know who wants more days off and easy training too!

“There are the usual training-ground gripes at Newcastle. Players out of the team are never happy. Some players want more days off, some want less, some want training to be focused, to train with a purpose, others prefer a lighter touch.l

It's honestly the easiest job in world football now. In a thoroughly bleak season it has taken a dismal defeat against a side with 2 points in 17 games for the manager to experience any serious criticism. The remit is to exist with no fuss, if you do that then you're in no danger of losing your job. It's a piece of piss.

Yep, no supporters in the stadiums and an owner who doesn’t give a shit. You can do what the fuck you want. SB has still managed to lose it :lol:

Aye it does lead to a slack attitude, no the wonder players like Bruce if he gives them such an easy ride, when he loses their respect he loses the team and to me it looks like that process has started.

I don't have an account. What thre sentence/paragraph that refers to the optional training ?

“Given Bruce’s stern post-match rhetoric, some players were taken by surprise when the next day’s warm-down session remained “optional”.

“There are the usual training-ground gripes at Newcastle. Players out of the team are never happy. Some players want more days off, some want less, some want training to be focused, to train with a purpose, others prefer a lighter touch.l

Cheers Paully :thup:

I’d love to know which players are actually demanding more.

I get the sense it’s the ‘stronger heads’ in the dressing room that are leading the lazy cunt brigade.

Lascelles, Fede, Schär, Wilson...?

He's a soft touch that doesn't really have a plan or know what he's doing and the players have been taking the piss. The effects of that are now showing on the pitch.

Martin Hardy from the Times reckons he's lost patience with the players who have been telling him they want to play 3 at the back, and he's claiming he wants to go 4-4-2. He's blaming them for the defeats against Brentford and Sheffield in effect, although even if you believe his version, it just shows how indecisive he is. You're the manager you pillock, it's your job to decide formations. He must have lost quite a few of the players so tomorrow's team sheet should be interesting.

Martin Hardy from the Times reckons he's lost patience with the players who have been telling him they want to play 3 at the back, and he's claiming he wants to go 4-4-2. He's blaming them for the defeats against Brentford and Sheffield in effect, although even if you believe his version, it just shows how indecisive he is. You're the manager you pillock, it's your job to decide formations. He must have lost quite a few of the players so tomorrow's team sheet should be interesting.

Didnt he say the same after abpout 10 games last season? The players wanted to play 3 centrebacks so he did

"Don't bother with the warm down lads"

"Look, I won't make excuses but we've been desperately unlucky with our injuries"

He does not coach the team well enough to play a 4-4-2 as we look horrific defensively when he sets us up that way, which is likely why the players were against it.

If he's going back to that again with his still horrific coaching and now the players being dead against it ... it is going to be an unmitigated disaster.

Sounds great. A manager in total control.

The game is on Monday.