Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Sheffield was a low point. Bruce has admitted that he made a cock-up with the team selection (I assume by playing Hayden and Hendrick together) and then when we went down to 10 men, it was too late to change things.

I differ from most on here in my assessment of Bruce, but ultimately there remains the question, who is available for the job, would they take it in all the current circumstances (particularly considering the possible takeover) and would they do a better job with the squad that we have.

In answer to ya last bit....any kunt

What's your assessment of Bruce, Cronky[/member]?

I'd like to hear people answer the question that I put - in practical terms, who do you want for the job, that would realistically take it in the current situation?

The only suggestions I've come across on the last few pages are the current coach of a youth team in San Diego, and 'any kunt'. Which perhaps amounts to the same thing.

I'd like to hear people answer the question that I put - in practical terms, who do you want for the job, that would realistically take it in the current situation?

The only suggestions I've come across on the last few pages are the current coach of a youth team in San Diego, and 'any kunt'. Which perhaps amounts to the same thing.

Warren Barton. 

Now let's hear your assessment of Bruce.

To me it looks like he's lost the dressing room and isn't very liked by the players anymore. We probably won't get a good manager in, but getting someone average in who can lift the current mood is better than having a useless one with unhappy players. A interim manager who hasn't thrown the players under the bus already, and one who hasn't already blamed everything but himself.

So imo, simply put, kick the idiot out before it's too late. Rather take my chances jumping out from 3rd floor than than die in the burning house.

To me it looks like he's lost the dressing room and isn't very liked by the players anymore. We probably won't get a good manager in, but getting someone average in who can lift the current mood is better than having a useless one with unhappy players. A interim manager who hasn't thrown the players under the bus already, and one who hasn't already blamed everything but himself.

So imo, simply put, kick the idiot out before it's too late. Rather take my chances jumping out from 3rd floor than than die in the burning house.

Agree. They’ve 100% stopped playing for him and he knows it, hence the ‘foot is going down’ routine. Like a shit parent trying to control a rowdy bairn

Too many to mention, actually. I think Eddie Howe could be interested. I’d take Pearson as a firefighter to keep us up. David Wagner was mentioned on here, I don’t particularly rate him, but would take him temporarily. Warren Barton. Sanchez Flores. And then there are higher rated managers, not impossible that some of them could be interested, especially with a potential takeover looming.

I only really want a new manager if a relegation battle jeopardises the takeover. If it doesn't, fuck it, we've still got more than half the season left to play so we'll probably still sneak survival. Let him continue embarrassing himself for as long as it's Ashley's club. It's barely a conversation worth having because he's not going anywhere soon and even if he did, there will not be a queue of reputable managers waiting to join the current shitshow. It's a dismal club atm with a very uncertain future in terms of its internal structure. We'd only attract more like Bruce or anyone with a screw loose.

If Ashley eventually goes then I wouldn't be particularly fussy about the new manager. Anyone ambitious, competent and honest would be a thoroughly acceptable tonic to the misery of Bruce, McClaren and Pardew. Number one choice for me would always be the return of Rafa; but anyone like him who's interesting, studious, with an affection for the club and where you can really see their vision - that would be amazing. If we could dig up the next Hasenhuttl, that'd be canny. If we're talking pie in the sky, one of the Italians, Mancini or Conte maybe. Gasperini from Atalanta, he seems interesting. Would love an Italian in the dugout tbh.

You might have issues with people taking it knowing they might be pushed out if a takeover happens. No offence to the Brentford manager but would PIF spend X in summer and entrust it to an unknown quantity?

Howe might seem someone that Ashley could live with and PIF might allow a shot in the mid-term if he turned things around nicely.

I’ve had enough lads, you were s**** out there tonight. Enough is enough, we are doing it my way from now on.

So you don’t have to come into training tomorrow if you don’t want to and we are stopping at Wetherby on the way home and everyone gets a large kebab with chips, no salad.

"I have been in there and nearly managed 500 games at this level and if you look at the teams that I have managed in this league I have managed to do OK, down the road (Sunderland), Wigan, Birmingham and Hull.

"I've given them the highest finishes they have ever had.”

Sunderland under Bruce: Best finish 10th

Sunderland under Reid: Best finish 7th

Wigan under Bruce: Best finish 11th

Wigan under Jewell: Best finish 10th

Birmingham under Bruce: Best finish 10th

Birmingham under McLeish: Best finish 9th

Hull under Bruce : Best finish 16th

Hull under Brown: Best finish 17th

One out of four correct isn’t bad.

He’s just a lying shit. Spouts his drivel and it goes unchallenged so his lies become truth. Unless I’m missing something in the quote that’s obvious?

Is it just widely accepted, now, that football begin when Sky took over?