Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

the worm/cunt is turning

Robbie Savage admits Newcastle United are in a relegation fight after poor run of results

Steve Bruce is facing pressure after Newcastle United slipped to defeat at the Premier League's bottom side Sheffield United

Newcastle United are in a relegation fight according to pundit Robbie Savage.

Savage, who has been one of Steve Bruce's fiercest supporters, believes the Magpies will avoid the drop but will have a fight on their hands to do so.

The former Premier League midfielder also revealed that he doesn't actually think Bruce is a 'great manager' despite the constant defence of his former gaffer.

Speaking to Emma Jones for William Hill, Savage said: "I like defending all managers.

"I've never been a manager, I don't know how difficult it is to be a manager.

"I don't know what the hierarchy have said to him. I've read quotes from Steve Bruce, he said his remit is to keep Newcastle in the Premier League - he'll do that I think.

"I'm not saying Steve Bruce is a great manager, I'm not. I'm saying Steve Bruce, I believe will keep Newcastle in the Premier League.

"Newcastle United fans will want more than that, I understand. They want to watch a better style of football, more attacking football, but sometimes it is very hard to do that.

Listen to the Everything is Black and White Podcast with special guest Warren Barton

"You look at Brighton now playing a much better style of football and yet are in massive relegation trouble.

"Bournemouth, look at the way they played, now they're in the Championship.

"Steve Bruce will keep them in the Premier League but I know Newcastle United fans want more than that."

When asked by Jones if Bruce had taken United forward with the club lying in 15th, Savage added: "It's a very fair debate.

"Their average finishing position when they've been the Premier League since 1992 is 10th place, I think they're about seven points of 10th, so if Steve Bruce finishes in that 10th position, it's an average Premier League season for Newcastle United.

"They are in a relegation battle, I think though. "

"I have been in there and nearly managed 500 games at this level and if you look at the teams that I have managed in this league I have managed to do OK, down the road (Sunderland), Wigan, Birmingham and Hull.

"I've given them the highest finishes they have ever had.”

Sunderland under Bruce: Best finish 10th

Sunderland under Reid: Best finish 7th

Wigan under Bruce: Best finish 11th

Wigan under Jewell: Best finish 10th

Birmingham under Bruce: Best finish 10th

Birmingham under McLeish: Best finish 9th

Hull under Bruce : Best finish 16th

Hull under Brown: Best finish 17th

One out of four correct isn’t bad.

He’s just a lying shit. Spouts his drivel and it goes unchallenged so his lies become truth. Unless I’m missing something in the quote that’s obvious?

small point but didnt Reidy get the mackems to 7th? just the fact that he listed those clubs and said he'd got them best ever finishes.

7th 1999/00.

He's legitimately only ever achieved one record season in a club's history. Finished heady heights of 16th with Hull, which was clubs record highest league finish (albeit 3rd ever season in top flight)

Finished 10th with Birmingham in PL, but they'd finished 6th before when it was Div 1. Paul Jewell at Wigan finished 10th, Bruce 11th.

SU              98/99; Div 1 - 8th

Huddersfield 99/00; Div 1 - 8th

Huddersifled 00/01; Div 1 - 23rd (sacked October)

Wigan          00/01; Div 1 - 6th, lost PO SF (hired April, left end of season)

Palace          01/02; Duv 1 - 3rd (resigned Nov to force move to B'ham)

Birmingham  01/02; Div 1 - 5th, Promoted PO

Birmingham  02/03; PL - 13th

Birmingham  03/04; PL - 10th Highest PL finish - 6th old 1st Div

Birmingham  04/05; PL - 12th

Birmingham  05/06; PL - 18th

Birmingham  06/07; CH - 2nd

Birmingham  07/08; PL - 15th (left Nov to Wigan)(18th end of season)

Wigan          07/08; PL - 14th (from Nov)

Wigan          08/09; PL - 11th *Highest was 10th under Jewell

Sunderland  09/10; PL - 13th (14 games without win)

Sunderland  10/11; PL - 10th  Highest 7th with Reid

Sunerland    11/12; PL - 16th - sacked Nov, finish 13th MON

Hull              12/13; CH - 2nd

Hull              13/14; PL - 16th :frantic:Highest ever PL finish  :frantic:

Hull              14/15; PL 18th

Hull              15/16; CH 4th, Promoted PO (walked end of season)

Villa              16/17; CH 14th (from October)

Villa              17/18; CH 4th, lost PO Final

Villa              18/19; CH 12th (sacked October)

Sheff Wed    18/19; CH 12th (from Feb)

Toon            19/20; PL 13th

His career has shown two main things

1) If he's at a club long enough he'll relegate it if you don't sack him, or he doesn't jump ship first...

2) He'll jump ship at first opportunity for better opportunity/better money

Between 2003 and 2005, then 2011 would have been when his stock was at its highest, and nobody 'big' or bigger opportunities were interested in him. He took Hull back up, and instead of staying for PL management, he either thought he stood a chance with England job or he could get a PL club. Nobody came calling, and he tanked it at Villa eventually.

Spurs hired Santini, Jol, Ramos, Redknapp, AVB, Sherwood. Why no Brucie? Liverpool replaced Houllier with Rafa, an actual La Liga winner, then Hodgson.

Man City didn't sack Mark Hughes, and think lets go for Brucie.

Fergie went Moyes  :D

1) If he's at a club long enough he'll relegate it if you don't sack him, or he doesn't jump ship first...

Between 2003 and 2005, then 2011 would have been when his stock was at its highest, and nobody 'big' or bigger opportunities were interested in him. He took Hull back up, and instead of staying for PL management, he either thought he stood a chance with England job or he could get a PL club. Nobody came calling, and he tanked it at Villa eventually.

Spurs hired Santini, Jol, Ramos, Redknapp, AVB, Sherwood. Why no Brucie? Liverpool replaced Houllier with Rafa, an actual La Liga winner, then Hodgson.

I think for point 2, he has been very good at jumping ship just before he has had to face the music for his shitness.

I think for point 2, he has been very good at jumping ship just before he has had to face the music for his shitness.

Yeah, don't get on board with the 'him resigning/quitting everywhere' thing going round Twitter. He's more coming across a disloyal shitbag tbh; he's been pretty calculated in choosing his times to jump to another ship.

Resining from Sheff U after one season in charge seems pretty 'big time' from him.

Left under a cloud at Palace to jump ship to Birmingham. Probably didn't get on with Simon Jordan, and could see writing was on the wall. Played for Birmingham/Dildo Bro #1, so threw his toys and pushed for a move.

To be fair did a good job there from outside looking in, but after getting them promoted second time I get the impression he could foresee a season of struggle, and he thought he was better than that, and wanted to be managing mid-table rather than work and improve Birmingham. Exactly the same case with Hull years later, promoted again, but thought he could get a better job than another Hull City relegation battle.

God knows what he was thinking with Sunderland, probably that case of it eventually turning shite at Wigan, and getting out when he could for a bumper contract n'all. Surely he'd have known that was never going to end well though  ;D

His time at Sunderland is like a slightly longer version of what's happened here (with the added bonus of there being other PFM's about to make his lack of tactics not matter as much back then.) He got bought Bent and that got him by for a bit, like getting Wilson has here.

The Chronicle podcast with Warren Barton this week is worth a listen.  The second half basically sounds like a job interview the way he's almost touting himself for it.

I'd take him right now, like.

Barton does at the very least love  the club. When D Wise was D.O.F he offered to scout the U.S for free.

The Chronicle podcast with Warren Barton this week is worth a listen.  The second half basically sounds like a job interview the way he's almost touting himself for it.

I'd take him right now, like.

Barton does at the very least love  the club. When D Wise was D.O.F he offered to scout the U.S for free.

I didn’t know that 👍

What a daft idea though.  He clearly hadn’t heard of Youtube at the time.

Sheffield was a low point. Bruce has admitted that he made a cock-up with the team selection (I assume by playing Hayden and Hendrick together) and then when we went down to 10 men, it was too late to change things.

I differ from most on here in my assessment of Bruce, but ultimately there remains the question, who is available for the job, would they take it in all the current circumstances (particularly considering the possible takeover) and would they do a better job with the squad that we have.

Sheffield was a low point. Bruce has admitted that he made a cock-up with the team selection (I assume by playing Hayden and Hendrick together) and then when we went down to 10 men, it was too late to change things.

I differ from most on here in my assessment of Bruce, but ultimately there remains the question, who is available for the job, would they take it in all the current circumstances (particularly considering the possible takeover) and would they do a better job with the squad that we have.

[emoji38]

I agree with who’d come, especially since we’re in limbo takeover wise. However I struggle to think who could be doing a worse job than him. You have to go Phil Brown levels of bad who you wouldn’t even have in charge of a non league club.

[emoji38]

Such nonsense :lol:

More and more convinced that this account is the most committed wind-up of all time. Been at it for 15 years.