Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Aye if falling through would be f***ing hilarious. It’ll be Shola, has to happen at some point.

Daft thing is alot of people will give Shola a chance.

Gets the club.

Shola gets the job and Ashley gets loads of praise for giving a black manager a chance in the league. All about equality big mike and trying to turn he tide. It would be unbearable ( Obviously a good thing on merit if black managers are given opportunities)

I've never really hated Steve Bruce, always saw him as a roly poly clown, but he'll go right down in my estimation if he accepts this job. I hope we get battered in his first 4 games and he gets dog's abuse and quickly wishes he'd stayed in Sheffield.

I just want the whole fucking operation to crumble so we can start again.

I've never really hated Steve Bruce, always saw him as a roly poly clown, but he'll go right down in my estimation if he accepts this job. I hope we get battered in his first 4 games and he gets dog's abuse and quickly wishes he'd stayed in Sheffield.

I just want the whole fucking operation to crumble so we can start again.

Interesting stuff Odin.

Thing is, it'll get even worse after Bruce. We're talking Strachan, Warnock, Pardew.

Makes Moyes look like Ferguson by comparison.

Hope so. Even the robots currently planning on going to games this season will have a breaking point.

I just want the whole f***ing operation to crumble so we can start again.

Interesting stuff Odin.

Ohdear,  you mean?

Thing is, it'll get even worse after Bruce. We're talking Strachan, Warnock, Pardew.

Makes Moyes look like Ferguson by comparison.

Good, I see Bruce as a boring 6/10 manager.

Great at a Championship level and will squeeze a couple of years of non-descript, boring safety on the Premier League before going down without a whimper.  He could do a perfectly adequate job of meeting his mandate of finishing 14th and securing safety with a couple of games to go each season.

We want someone who would have Celtic in a relegation scrap in the Scottish League after 18 months.

I think you overestimate Bruce and underestimate the job Rafa did. As it stands the squad is a lot weaker than last season. Add in the toxic relationship the club has with the fans and NUFC are only going one way.

depends what they throw at it imo, there's still a solid defence there but they'd need to spend +£50m easy in order for bruce to be able to keep us up

I think you overestimate Bruce and underestimate the job Rafa did. As it stands the squad is a lot weaker than last season. Add in the toxic relationship the club has with the fans and NUFC are only going one way.

depends what they throw at it imo, there's still a solid defence there but they'd need to spend +£50m easy in order for bruce to be able to keep us up

With 3 weeks to go I can only see us signing 2-3 players max. I reckon they will try and throw some money at it but come up short. Hayden will surely go you would think which leaves us woefully short in midfield with no decent strikers and needing attacking midfielder and winger. I reckon we are pretty fucked

I can see a return of the Pardew days where we get a thrashing off the bog teams. Rafa’s organisation, tactics and coaching instilled a confidence into the defence which I imagine will soon be eradicated under Bruce.

For all those pundits that say once he strings a few results together, he will get the fans onside, I am not sure when that will happen. Can’t see us picking up many points early on.

I think Ashley will like him though. Read somewhere that he wanted to meet Rafa in the pub to discuss the contract but Rafa refused and they ended up meeting in London. Can imagine that Bruce would be only too happy to agree

That solid defence will look a shadow of what it did under Rafa after a month or 2.  I mean, even now they are in China 'preparing' for the new season.  How can they prepare when they don't even know what roles they're going to playing come the start of the season. 

Absolute waste for the past 3 years of good work.