Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Very Pardewesque, unsustainable results when you're relying on your defenders for goals, higher up in the league than your goals for and GD dictates. Reminds me very much of the 5th season when so many teams just didn't perform and we fluked our way to Europe.

Sorry but thats horseshit. There was no fluke in 2012. The football was good and to try and claim otherwise now is revisionist crap.

What came after was bad, but we played good football that year and the 433 was about more than individual players. I remember us beating Villa on Cisse's debut with Obertan Guthrie Perch Jonas as the midfield and still carrying a threat.

Nothing remotely horseshit about that.

That season was nowt to do with Pardew. It was achieved despite him. Any revisionism going on is when people try to give Pardew any credit for it.

Great to see the neo-liberal programming is working, and fascism is spreading throughout the digital world, before we go fully simulated.

Suggesting people stay away from the community [of which they've been a part for years] because of their dissatisfaction in the things upon which the community was founded.

OK Millennials.

Our form this season is showing us one of three things, Rafa really was past his best and could have got more out of the players last season (dreadful early season form)

OR Bruce is doing quite well, so far accumulating more points than last with an arguably weaker team depending on how you prefer to look at it.

OR The players are still drilled to play and train a certain way learned under Rafa and his coaches, and in time this will be coached out of them and regimes, fitness, tactics etc... will be tweaked and pulled apart.

Shearer was at it last night like with the whole ‘better off than this time last year’ crap.

It's not crap though. At this point we are better off than last year. Whether it lasts is up for debate / probably unlikely, but at the minute it's a fact. That doesn't mean Bruce is a better manager, just that we are doing better at present.

Shearer was at it last night like with the whole ‘better off than this time last year’ crap.

It's not crap though. At this point we are better off than last year. Whether it lasts is up for debate / probably unlikely, but at the minute it's a fact. That doesn't mean Bruce is a better manager, just that we are doing better at present.

The last relegation spot(18th placed team) has 3 more points this season than last season so we’re actually only 1 point further away from the relegation zone than we were at this stage last season.

So in terms of safety our start this season is about the same not significantly more safe as being made out by Shearer and the media with their more points rhetoric.

And we were 15th at this point last season and 14th right now with Everton/Villa yet to play so could be in the exact same 15th placed position today.

Guest neesy111

He and all the others must be living in an alternate universe.

Shearer and Bruce are big mates. And it shows.

Shearer's always been a terrible pundit.

The last relegation spot(18th placed team) has 3 more points this season than last season so we’re actually only 1 point further away from the relegation zone than we were at this stage last season.

So in terms of safety our start this season is about the same not significantly more safe as being made out by Shearer and the media with their more points rhetoric.

And we were 15th at this point last season and 14th right now with Everton/Villa yet to play so could be in the exact same 15th placed position today.

https://tv.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/531b549c-f0b6-4689-96df-25d7ab71f2b4

Wonder if Southampton fans are lauding Hasenhuttl for being 3 points better off at this stage last season under Hughes despite being 1 point further adrift.

Who's lauding Steve Bruce?

Loads of his mates in the media tbf.

People on Twitter, the Chronicle/club’s Facebook feed...

Douglas/Ryder and the other window lickers are absolutely desperate for him to do a decent job as he guarantee's them access and dopey quotes every week whereas Rafa was much more intelligent than him and would use them wisely.

This fucking knacker blurts out shite on cue for the journos in exchange for an easy ride.

Shearer was praising the closing down and then the forward intentions to get through City’s press.

To me it also looked like we were leaving Mendy to be their easy out ball. He was given loads of space, regularly got the ball out wide around the half way line and didn’t do a single thing with it. You could almost call it tactics.

I didn't see what Shearer said, so can't comment. I don't see any of my mates lauding him on Facebook, but I'm not denying that some people will be probably.

I can't take the Chronicle seriously tbh.

Follow The Chronicle twitter page it will tell you what he said every 5 minutes for the next 3 days.

And there lies the annoyance. While it may be a fact we've got more points than this stage last season, as you say that doesn't make Bruce a better manager. IMO merely quoting the 'Got more points' sentence suggests we're in better hands than under Rafa. We've got more points but this club IS NOT better off since the summer. It's a short sighted view to suggest we are.

And there lies the annoyance. While it may be a fact we've got more points than this stage last season, as you say that doesn't make Bruce a better manager. IMO merely quoting the 'Got more points' sentence suggests we're in better hands than under Rafa. We've got more points but this club IS NOT better off since the summer. It's a short sighted view to suggest we are.

How can you accuse me of being short sighted when I've actually said it's unlikely to last? That's part of the problem now people aren't allowed to judge anything in a positive way ever. The evidence is above with people claiming more points is irrelevant. Its not, its (however temporarily it may be) better.

How can you accuse me of being short sighted when I've actually said it's unlikely to last? That's part of the problem now people aren't allowed to judge anything in a positive way ever. The evidence is above with people claiming more points is irrelevant. Its not, its (however temporarily it may be) better.

Ignore he bigger picture, we've got points.