Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Very Pardewesque, unsustainable results when you're relying on your defenders for goals, higher up in the league than your goals for and GD dictates. Reminds me very much of the 5th season when so many teams just didn't perform and we fluked our way to Europe.

Very good call.

Looking like a flukey finish this season for the new Messiah and SD Utd.

Accidentally caught 5 mins of this today on BT sports, but had to turn off as I felt dirty and soiled viewing it.

Glad to see those SportsDirect Utd fans enjoying this brief spell of joy though.

Good on 'em. True sooper fans every man Jack of them.

Sure they will enjoy the next few seasons of up and down, and up and down with their wonderful owner raking in the cash,pissing himself laughing at them., whilst they sit there in their replica shirts getting away from those awful wives and girlfriends.

truly 'The loyalest football supporters, the world has ever seen.'

It’s not remotely the same. We had far better players in most of the positions with Ba and Cisse on absolute fire with Ben Arfa and Cabaye doing their stuff; there’s no argument that we fluked some results that season. Pardew was an absolute clown benefitting from moments of absolute genius getting us points.

By and large we’ve deserved the points we’ve got so far this season. As much as I don’t rate Bruce, Pardew was a complete different level of a fraud.

Very Pardewesque, unsustainable results when you're relying on your defenders for goals, higher up in the league than your goals for and GD dictates. Reminds me very much of the 5th season when so many teams just didn't perform and we fluked our way to Europe.

Very good call.

Accidentally caught 5 mins of this today on BT sports, but had to turn off as I felt dirty and soiled viewing it.

Glad to see those SportsDirect Utd fans enjoying this brief spell of joy though.

Sure they will enjoy the next few seasons of up and down, and up and down with their wonderful owner raking in the cash,pissing himself laughing at them., whilst they sit there in their replica shirts getting away from those awful wives and girlfriends.

It’s not remotely the same. We had far better players in most of the positions with Ba and Cisse on absolute fire with Ben Arfa and Cabaye doing their stuff; there’s no argument that we fluked some results that season. Pardew was an absolute clown benefitting from moments of absolute genius getting us points.

By and large we’ve deserved the points we’ve got so far this season. As much as I don’t rate Bruce, Pardew was a complete different level of a fraud.

If Bruce had taken over from Pardew, and McClaren from Benitez, I think very little would have been different. Bruce would have taken us down because he’s shit, McClaren would have us pottering about lower mid-table since the defensive stability was all set for him.

Very good call.

If Bruce had taken over from Pardew, and McClaren from Benitez, I think very little would have been different. Bruce would have taken us down because he’s shit, McClaren would have us pottering about lower mid-table since the defensive stability was all set for him.

That’s a bollocks argument, even so, I’ve absolute no doubt that McClaren was worse.

Sorry but thats horseshit. There was no fluke in 2012. The football was good and to try and claim otherwise now is revisionist crap.

What came after was bad, but we played good football that year and the 433 was about more than individual players. I remember us beating Villa on Cisse's debut with Obertan Guthrie Perch Jonas as the midfield and still carrying a threat.

Guest Howaythetoon

Sorry but thats horseshit. There was no fluke in 2012. The football was good and to try and claim otherwise now is revisionist crap.

What came after was bad, but we played good football that year and the 433 was about more than individual players. I remember us beating Villa on Cisse's debut with Obertan Guthrie Perch Jonas as the midfield and still carrying a threat.

It becomes a fluke when followed up by an inability to repeat even close to the same feat again, going on to consistently ‘achieve’ the complete opposite in fact. If that doesn’t demonstrate a fluke, then you can always take a look at Pardew’s full CV.

We were difficult to beat and with Ba 1st half of the seaon and Cisse 2nd half every chance seemed to result in a goal. The 4-3-3 only lasted for 10 matches or so until....Wigan? We got spanked at least, and Pardew went straight back to basics 4-4-2.

Still super close to the relegation places with a poor goal difference. Those clowns basking in Geordie team mania may still Get bitten On the Arse yet

Definitely being overlooked. If we had won one more match we'd be in 7th, but if we had lost one more match this season we'd be in 17th with a terrible GD. It's not as pretty as it all looks.

They’ve had similar level careers, McClaren probably better (winning a cup, getting to a European Final, winning a European top division, international manager...)

What reasons would you give for Bruce being better?

McClaren W8, D8, L18, Bruce W4, D4, L6. McClaren was struggling at Derby, had already turned us down, had bombed his previous 2 or 3 jobs yet we still appointed him. We were a shambles under him, some of the performances were mind blowing. It will turn for Bruce but for now he’s actually exceeding expected results.

Still super close to the relegation places with a poor goal difference. Those clowns basking in Geordie team mania may still Get bitten On the Arse yet

If we had lost one more match this season we'd be in 17th with a terrible GD. It's not as pretty as it all looks.

Agree the last relegation spot(18th placed team) has 3 more points this season than last season so we’re actually only 1 point further away from the relegation zone than we were at this stage last season.

So in terms of safety our start this season is about the same not significantly more safe as being made out by Shearer and the media with their more points rhetoric.

And we were 15th at this point last season and 14th right now with Everton/Villa yet to play so could be in the exact same 15th placed position today.

They’ve had similar level careers, McClaren probably better (winning a cup, getting to a European Final, winning a European top division, international manager...)

McClaren W8, D8, L18, Bruce W4, D4, L6. McClaren was struggling at Derby, had already turned us down, had bombed his previous 2 or 3 jobs yet we still appointed him. We were a shambles under him, some of the performances were mind blowing. It will turn for Bruce but for now he’s actually exceeding expected results.

Aye, McClaren pretty much objectively had a better set of players than Bruce as well. Think it says more about the managers that preceded the two rather than their individual ability when gauging over so few matches though.

It may be bad but our goal difference is still much better than the clubs occupying those bottom spaces though, to be fair. The "goals for" column is the key one. Teams that can't score get relegated, as the cliche goes, unless you're AC Milan 93/94 in which case you get a pass.

We had good players, when they produced good football it had very little to do with Pardew. If anything he made them look worse than they were. Same is true of Bruce this season, he's a shit manager getting points by relying on the defensive coaching instilled by Rafa. He's shown nothing of his own ideas or even what he would like to do in the future.

Bruce also turned us down at least once in 2004, and failed to take Villa up who had one of the biggest budgets in The Championship. Their career paths and reputations prior to getting the NUFC job are very comparable and as I’ve said, McClaren probably had the slightly better pedigree.

While I agree with Andy he had better players in attack, he didn’t have half of the spine of the team Bruce can call upon. Krul was on the decline, then we had Elliot and Darlow getting games. The defence was poor (Janmaat, Coloccini finished, Williamson, Dummett, Haidara, S.Taylor...) and Colback & Anita as his holding midfielders. Bruce would have failed massively. Similarly, give McClaren a well drilled defence to walk into, and he’d have likely been doing the same as Bruce and just leaving things be.

Usual bollocks on Sunday Supplement "You always wanted a Geordie manager and as soon as he was appointed you vilified him" and he's doing a better job than Rafa etc

This is the exact sort of shite as to why I want Bruce to fail.

We had good players, when they produced good football it had very little to do with Pardew. If anything he made them look worse than they were. Same is true of Bruce this season, he's a s*** manager getting points by relying on the defensive coaching instilled by Rafa. He's shown nothing of his own ideas or even what he would like to do in the future.

He has shown some of his own ideas, it just failed, and he reverted back to Rafas tactics 😂

Usual bollocks on Sunday Supplement "You always wanted a Geordie manager and as soon as he was appointed you vilified him" and he's doing a better job than Rafa etc

Keith Bishop certainly does his job well :laugh:

The propaganda against Rafa Benitez since the summer in the media has been relentless our local journalists have been the worst.

Rafa Benitez stayed to stop Newcastle from being stuck in the Championship turned our sinking ship of a club around and made sure he left it as a solid midtable Premier League club with a good financial footing for the next man.

Rafa has done far more for Newcastle than Bruce ever will.

Most would argue we've a weaker team this year, no?

I would argue that's because the old manager wasn't allowed to buy better players and Bruce came in to enable Ashley's shit transer policy.