Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Shearer was at it last night like with the whole ‘better off than this time last year’ crap.

It's not crap though. At this point we are better off than last year. Whether it lasts is up for debate / probably unlikely, but at the minute it's a fact. That doesn't mean Bruce is a better manager, just that we are doing better at present.

And there lies the annoyance. While it may be a fact we've got more points than this stage last season, as you say that doesn't make Bruce a better manager. IMO merely quoting the 'Got more points' sentence suggests we're in better hands than under Rafa. We've got more points but this club IS NOT better off since the summer. It's a short sighted view to suggest we are.

How can you accuse me of being short sighted when I've actually said it's unlikely to last? That's part of the problem now people aren't allowed to judge anything in a positive way ever. The evidence is above with people claiming more points is irrelevant. Its not, its (however temporarily it may be) better.

Ignore he bigger picture, we've got points.

Thanks for proving my point in bold.

Shearer was at it last night like with the whole ‘better off than this time last year’ crap.

It's not crap though. At this point we are better off than last year. Whether it lasts is up for debate / probably unlikely, but at the minute it's a fact. That doesn't mean Bruce is a better manager, just that we are doing better at present.

And there lies the annoyance. While it may be a fact we've got more points than this stage last season, as you say that doesn't make Bruce a better manager. IMO merely quoting the 'Got more points' sentence suggests we're in better hands than under Rafa. We've got more points but this club IS NOT better off since the summer. It's a short sighted view to suggest we are.

How can you accuse me of being short sighted when I've actually said it's unlikely to last? That's part of the problem now people aren't allowed to judge anything in a positive way ever. The evidence is above with people claiming more points is irrelevant. Its not, its (however temporarily it may be) better.

You've  picked that up wrong. I wasn't  accusing you personally as you can at least see it doesn't  necessarily  make Bruce a better manager. Some can't  see past good results and forget the problems within the club. Shearer  wasn't  talking crap in the respect that what he said was factual but  what he said suggests the club is now better off under Bruce than Rafa. Crap IMO.

There's none stopping you from judging anything in a positive or negative way but remember that this is a discussion forum. People might have different opinion than you however weird that may sound to you.

Great to see the neo-liberal programming is working, and fascism is spreading throughout the digital world, before we go fully simulated.

Suggesting people stay away from the community [of which they've been a part for years] because of their dissatisfaction in the things upon which the community was founded.

OK Millennials.

:lol::lol::lol:

I mean, your welcome and all. Except I haven't.

Guest neesy111

Funny but it all isn’t true

Bruce isn’t doing that bad wake up

If he won the fa cup the same w*****s would still be moaning

Maybe he should win a trophy.

Why do these idiots keep comparing records?! So much bollocks here

Jamie Redknapp

Time we said bravo to Toon boss Bruce

It is time to give Steve Bruce the credit he deserves. After 14 games, Newcastle have 16 points. At the same stage under Rafa Benitez last season, they had 12. Bruce's side have not lost at St James' Park since the opening day.

They beat Manchester United there in October, and Saturday's 2-2 draw with Manchester City felt just as good for those fans. They enjoyed this because Newcastle earned that point in style.

They had a go against one of the best teams in the world. Yes they only had 23.6 per cent possession but whenever they had the ball, they looked forwards. This was a performance of positivity.

Under Benitez, they'd approach these games in more of a negative manner. They'd sit deep. But Bruce wanted to test City. This would have been billed as a Benitez masterclass 12 months ago, so let's give Bruce credit.

Under Benitez, they'd approach these games in more of a negative manner. They'd sit deep. But Bruce wanted to test City. This would have been billed as a Benitez masterclass 12 months ago, so let's give Bruce credit.

Yet, Rafa's "negative manner" got us a better result.

The coverage this wanker gets is quite incredible.

The ex-player brigade plus the journos he's out on the beers with are absolutely desperate to write nice things about him.

Compared to Rafa who appears to have been re-written as a negative fraud it's beyond belief. It's almost like Rafa's CV has been tippexed and Bruce's has been rewritten by a fantasy author.

Sickening.

I hope we struggle like fuck all year and this bunch of cretin's are forced to write some more realistic shit about the utter sponge.

When Rafa defended against city last year the pundits slaughtered him for being so negative and how it was disgraceful that they didn't have a go.  We do the same under Bruce and he's praised to the sky for this wonderful gritty display.  Makes me sick

When Rafa defended against city last year the pundits slaughtered him for being so negative and how it was disgraceful that they didn't have a go.  We do the same under Bruce and he's praised to the sky for this wonderful gritty display.  Makes me sick

This. This. And this again.

It's fucking unreal.

Good old plucky Steve has got them digging in and defending well.

Whereas when Rafa has them organised to within an inch of their lives, literally pure precision, it's a disgrace and killing the game.

Fucking bent cunts, the lot of them.

Definitely xenophobic, I noticed this a long time ago.

Big Sam's whole bung thing got brushed under the carpet, Harry Redknapp's court case was never mentioned. Carragher would've been binned off for good had he been a non Brit.