Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

That was 'classic' Bruce last night.

No discernible style of play, no tactics beyond slapping the players on the back and geeing them up, just hoping that enough of the players have enough individual quality to get something (that was his entire approach when he was with us).

Feel bad for you lot, as it's exactly what we saw from him.

Also in his post match interview detected a few signs of classic Bruce blame deflection / credit whoring (notice he mentioned how little he signed Hourihane for) and a 'we'll roll we sleeves up' non-comment at the end of it.

I'd feel bad for us lot as well, but we have a few fans who get upset when we call him out for being exactly what you described him as there. Even when the rumours started that he was coming here, I was wondering what exactly his style of play was, and how come no football journalists ever asked the question either. Anyway, it was great to see your fans giving him the stick he deserves. He's not going to get it at St James so it was funny as fuck to see him squirming on the touchline yesterday with all the catcalls raining down.

The sub delay with Joelinton and Gayle was stupid.

Make your decision and communicate it to the players - came off poorly.

Ludicrous!  He had Gayle sitting stripped getting cold for the best part of 10 minutes.  It was a total farce.

Didnt something similar happen earlier in the season where no one knew what on earth was happening.

I think you’re on about the opening game when Willems came on as a sub and thought he was playing in Central Midfield for some bizarre reason. 

This thread ain't for unnecessarily trashing the guy, it is for fair criticism of him based on performances.

It was a dreadful performance last night, fat chance of getting anything when the tactics are so useless.  Any knacker can see that.

I like that.  :laugh:

He left a far better CH on the bench FFS

He went on: "Jamaal Lascelles out with a knee injury is our captain and has been playing very well.

"Last week the defenders were excellent but you are always going to miss your best players."

He left a far better CH on the bench FFS

He went on: "Jamaal Lascelles out with a knee injury is our captain and has been playing very well.

"Last week the defenders were excellent but you are always going to miss your best players."

Exactly!

Schar on the bench. Lejeune left out completely after banging on how they are ready etc.

He needs to immediately change it to Schar-Fede-Lejeune for City with Yedlin and Willems as wing-backs. Central pairing of Sean Longstaff and 1 of Shelvey/Hayden/Matty. Up top I'd wish he'd go with ASM-Joelinton-Muto/Atsu.

Remember when we beat city last season? :yao:

Disgusting performance though.

How dare Rafa set up the team in a way he thought could get a result. He should've went out all attacking. So what if it would have left us exposed to an absolute hammering. At the end of the day we're here to entertain the Premier League fans around the world. Not do best for the club.

Remember when we beat city last season? :yao:

:( ugh, a kick in the gut if ever. News that we're signing Miggy...that performance by the team. Real hope in the stands. I felt like anything was possible with Rafa, man.

In an ideal world you’d probably want to take Joelinton & Almiron out of the firing line for a few games, but the alternatives are arguably worse. Not one jot of sympathy for Bruce or the matchgoing fans though as they knew exactly what they signed up for as soon as Benitez left. Fuck them.

I'm not a fan of Steve Bruce and i definitely don't think he's the right man for us. But was just thinking  what would you do to change our fortunes formation, players,etc. Just curious to what other people think the answer is.

I'm not a fan of Steve Bruce and i definitely don't think he's the right man for us. But was just thinking  what would you do to change our fortunes formation, players,etc. Just curious to what other people think the answer is.

A certain Mr. R Benítez

Change the owner.