Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

No rush lads.. Take your time

best if they don't bother at all tbh, 5 points ahead of relegation spots as it stands we could have another lovely trip to the champo if we play our cards right

Yeah we were getting a bit too close to the European places not long ago. Mike would’ve been panicking

Slow guys don’t get hurt :lol:

Obviously they do :lol: I'm not disputing that Sheffield United are doing some good preventative work. Was just meant as a side comment to an additional reason why they haven't had many muscle injuries. Fast players get more muscle injuries than slow players.

I can't believe he had the audacity to blame the amount of matches Newcastle have had to play as to why there are so many injuries. To use that excuse against Wolves who have more played more matches and had a tougher schedule during Christmas than anyone else yet have less injuries than Newcastle is embarrassing. He has been managing for over 20 years he should know as well as anyone that the Christmas period is tough physically and should be prepared to manage it.

Luck plays its part for sure, but the fact the amount of injuries has happened at every club since Sunderland he has been at suggests there is a pattern. I won't pretend to know what he does on the training ground with the players, but we know he has rushed players back too soon and ran others into the ground because he won't rotate.

He said Saturday he hasn't changed much as a manager. Maybe he should reflect on that and consider a new approach.

“He would say to you ‘Look, you’re going to be on your hands and knees here but you’ll get your days off’ and it was every line on the pitch and back. Six-yard line back, half-way line back... it was a nightmare!

“You knew when he took the session you’d be on your knees.”

Bruce is an advocate of hard training ground sessions, and worked on bringing the United players’ fitness levels up in his three weeks of pre-season with running and cardio sessions

I wonder what's causing the injury problems?

“He would say to you ‘Look, you’re going to be on your hands and knees here but you’ll get your days off’ and it was every line on the pitch and back. Six-yard line back, half-way line back... it was a nightmare!

Bruce is an advocate of hard training ground sessions, and worked on bringing the United players’ fitness levels up in his three weeks of pre-season with running and cardio sessions

Where's that from and who said it?

Where's that from and who said it?

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-bruces-notorious-international-break-17270231

Sorry, I don't want to force people to go to that terrible site. Alan Hutton.

The January market is a really difficult one. Clubs don't want to sell good players, good players don't necessarily want to move, all the values are inflated. It's easy to get it badly wrong. There's a wrestle between sticking and twisting and balancing the risk, which can lead to panic buys, accepting any old shite that's available, or just sticking with what you've got even though there's gaps. The loan market is generally a lot more sensible at this time of year but there's absolutely no guarantee of quality. If you're smart, you could do your research and dip into markets outside Europe, like MLS, digging-up gems which just happen to be exactly what you need.

But overall, you'd think, given the above, a club would try to avoid putting itself in a position where it absolutely must operate in such a market almost every single year, just to ensure it reaches its bare minimum target come May.

Seriously:

08/09*,

09/10,

10/11,

12/13*,

15/16*,

16/17,

17/18*,

18/19*, and

19/20,

all years where we've had to gamble (to varying extents) in January because we didn't do enough in the summer. The ones with the asterisks were where it was particularly desperate. You could arguably stick one next to this season, too, like.

Doesn't need saying after 12 years of wank, but our recruitment policy is a bag of shit and embodies the clubs shittery almost as much as its revoltingly shit managerial appointments.