Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Looking at our remaining games, he should be able to get 4-5 wins.

Yes pretty confident we will be safe. Most of the home games are winnable. We shall be richly rewarded with another season of Bruce. Or 6 months I guess before he is sacked with us rock bottom.

Looking at our remaining games, he should be able to get 4-5 wins.

On paper, there are a few teams that we should be taking points off in the next few weeks but can you honestly back us to win any game?

The only game we’ve really took apart the opposition is against West Ham. We’ve looked p*ss poor against everyone else, but been bailed out by a freakish amount of goals from our centre halves and Dubravka making more saves than anyone else in the league.

We’ll stay up just down to the fact we’ve got 31 points and will probably scrape a couple of wins.

Can’t even score past, let alone beat, the worst team in he league at home. We’re vulnerable to every single team we play, they could all beat us. Not saying they will but I’m not confident of naming the games we'll win for the rest of the season. The next 2 months could see us leapfrogged every week if we can’t cope with the pressure and lose.

What's strange is the team that was put out today was actually 'decent' on paper - much stronger than many of the teams Rafa was able to put out, at least since relegation.

With the kind of pace now available on the counter, I actually think if Rafa was here it'd be like the second half of last season, with Almriron perhaps becoming Ayoze - and him coaching Joelinton better so that he is able to do what Rondon did.

I am convinced he would have this team in 6-7th by end of the season - not because it's an amazing team but because of the way the league is this season. He would have definitely have taken advantage of it - not to mention the benefit we would have from stability - many of the top sides are going through transition seasons.

Crazy how disjointed it is now

I’d be amazed if we won another game this season tbh

That's a bit mad. :lol:

It's a ridiculous season and most weeks we're extremely lucky. Can see us shitting our way to at least another four victories. I don't know who against, it doesn't matter, so much about this season doesn't make sense. We'll beat West Brom in the cup, I know that much.

What's strange is the team that was put out today was actually 'decent' on paper - much stronger than many of the teams Rafa was able to put out, at least since relegation.

With the kind of pace now available on the counter, I actually think if Rafa was here it'd be like the second half of last season, with Almriron perhaps becoming Ayoze - and him coaching Joelinton better so that he is able to do what Rondon did.

I am convinced he would have this team in 6-7th by end of the season - not because it's an amazing team but because of the way the league is this season. He would have definitely have taken advantage of it - not to mention the benefit we would have from stability - many of the top sides are going through transition seasons.

Crazy how disjointed it is now

We have plenty of pace up front, even Joelinton can motor if he needs to, but there is absolutely no connection between the front three, and nothing coming through midfield either.

I think if we'd kept everyone and just signed Willems, we'd have built on the decent form in the second half of last season and been having it out with Sheffield United and Wolves. Add ASM and an upgrade on Longstaff/Hayden, we'd have really been in business. Such a reasonable amount of investment for what would have been potentially a really fun season. Ah well.

I’d be amazed if we won another game this season tbh

That's a bit mad. :lol:

It's a ridiculous season and most weeks we're extremely lucky. Can see us shitting our way to at least another four victories. I don't know who against, it doesn't matter, so much about this season doesn't make sense. We'll beat West Brom in the cup, I know that much.

If he doesn’t win one of his next two, this is where it comes crashing down for him. 5,000 down there and I don’t see us beating them. Shades of the Wigan 0-1 under Souness.

Steve Bruce admits Newcastle cannot really change their tactics

“I’ve said many times that we’re not really capable of changing, and you probably saw that towards the end,” said the Newcastle boss. “We changed things to try to get back into it, and in that change we had two big opportunities. But we did become ragged.

“When we open up, we lose it at the other end and become too open. I have to say Martin (Dubravka) has been fantastic all season, but it’s a poor mistake (for Ozil’s goal). Then when you see Lacazette hit one and the ball come off his other foot and go in the top corner, you know it’s not your day. We have to move on, but the way we were so open at the end is a concern.”

Is this guy insane? :lol:

Does he not know it's his job to make it work?! :lol:

“We’re not really capable of changing it” basically means “I don’t have the first fucking clue how to change it. If the other bloke does something then I’m absolutely impotent. I can’t react because I’m thicker than them and my players that I coach would be incapable of turning it around anyway”