Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Even the most optimistic (Gorilla?) fan must now realise that the takeover isn't happening? A manager in work would not accept this job knowing he'll be gone in a couple of months.

Am I the most optimistic? Anyway it's clear it's not happening.

About the takeover, I'd say yes.

Aston Villa's worst manager for a long long time, and he's coming here. I love it.

Well if Bruce comes in its clearly off.

You’ve got to think that Bruce would say “No thanks” after Shef Wed appointment him and give him his first month off to help him recover from a tough personal year he’d had. Having said that early in his managerial career he showed no loyalty at all.

Didn't Palace (or Birmingham, or both even) sue him at one point?

Guest chopey

He'll be a hero if he turns them down with a scathing press conference but by his comments last night I can't see it.

Even the most optimistic (Gorilla?) fan must now realise that the takeover isn't happening? A manager in work would not accept this job knowing he'll be gone in a couple of months.

Think he meant Godzilla

Surely he will know and be made aware by anyone close to him that the fans DO NOT want him here? Even his kid.

I basically tweeted this to Alex Bruce in the naive hope that it might make any sort of difference :lol:

Desperate times, man.

Think he meant Godzilla

Ahh, you're probably right, cheers.

Surely he will know and be made aware by anyone close to him that the fans DO NOT want him here? Even his kid.

Sorry to burst your bubble mate, but fans WILL give him a chance. He's a geordie, only when we are heading into November in the bottom 3 will the penny finally drop.

Under normal circumstances I should be going through just about every negative emotion going, but I can't even bring myself to be arsed by this.  Either this is one giant fuck you from Ashley, or the club is about to be taken over and it's some of the greatest trolling football has ever seen.

I’m aghast at the amount of thick fans we have that are happy to continue going to watch this circus and have the piss taken out of them but who are also so blind to it all that they actually try to justify why they are still going. They are exactly what Ashley relies on.

That said, I really don’t believe relegation to league 1 will solve the ownership problem. He either won’t sell or if he does, it’ll be him cutting his losses and some chancer like Stewart Donald and Methven will get hold of us. 

Under normal circumstances I should be going through just about every negative emotion going, but I can't even bring myself to be arsed by this.  Either this is one giant fuck you from Ashley, or the club is about to be taken over and it's some of the greatest trolling football has ever seen.

Nah, it doesn’t matter. The club’s gone, no individual event can really make that worse. Letting Rafa go was the end.