Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Guest godzilla

Spot on

Haven't .com been pretty nonchalant when it comes to protesting etc

So have the vast majority of the fan base also

He has done okay this season. No Perez and Rondon is clearly is a massive loss (which has been underplayed all season on this board). We got lucky, but we had some good wins. Worried pre-season but we were safe a third of the way through the season. Football was super s*** at home too many times but 11 wins and 11 draws with a game to go is fine. Clearly we need the takeover and a new manager to progress but Bruce hasn't been a "failure". Obviously no takeover or new manager will be rattled this season but so vital we stayed up this season. So so important.

He's benefitted massively from taking over a Rafa coached squad, even if he has made them shitter along the way.

Rondon and Perez scored 25 goals combined. Joelinton scored 2. Don't care about transfer fees. There is -23 goals there. That's huge.

Let’s give Kenny Dalglish a reprieve since Shearer & Ferdinand scored 41 goals between them in 96/97 but Shearer & Tomasson only scored 5 the next season. Bore off man.

Shearer and Tomasson barely played in that season. Shearer had a horrific injury.  :rolleyes:

I get you hate Bruce. Fine. But no Perez and Rondon is a big loss, and you not accepting that makes you like silly.

Joelinton is utter gash man. Would he have scored a few more under Rafa? Probably. But we all have eyes, we've all seen him all season- his first touch gives me anxiety. He's turd.

If we'd kept Rondon and Perez, I don't think they'd be as productive under Bruce, but they'd get 15-17 goals between them. Even just keeping Rondon he'd get at least 8 league goals for us. 4 times as much as Joelinton, who again scored 2 fucking goals. :lol:

As someone pointed out, Rondon didn’t perform like he did last season under Benitez under Pardew & Pulis, what makes you think Bruce would have been more like Benitez than the other two based on watching his career as a manager for two decades?

And you could add Shearer, Tomasson, Barnes, Rush, Asprilla, Ketsbaia & Andersson combined not just those two. Shearer had a big injury, Carroll is injury prone. Tomasson was new to the league, Joelinton is new to the league. Dalglish lost Ginola, Elliott & Ferdinand, Bruce lost Rondon & Perez. I don’t hear Dalglish being given the same half-arsed excuses Bruce gets now that he looks like he might miss out on the More Points Trophy.

We still finished 2nd in 1996-1997 season. We were in the Champions League in 1997-1998 season man - the squad was better than the one we have today.

Add 40 goals to the 97/98 team that Dalglish effectively lost. Same argument you’re applying to Bruce isn’t it?

We went from 2nd to 13th from end of 1997 season to end of 1998 season. We finished 13th last season and we are likely to finish 13th this season with a point difference.

Do you not see the difference?

So samptime29[/member] - where do you think we would have finished this season had we kept Perez and Rondon and not bought Joelinton and ASM? Under Bruce I mean, not Rafa. Top 6?

I think we'd have been worse off personally. ASM has carried this team, neither Rondon nor Perez have that ability.

So samptime29[/member] - where do you think we would have finished this season had we kept Perez and Rondon and not bought Joelinton and ASM? Under Bruce I mean, not Rafa. Top 6?

I think we'd have been worse off personally. ASM has carried this team, neither Rondon nor Perez have that ability.

I agree. Just wondered what Samp felt given that Bruce has been "hampered" this season.

Would love to know what his supposed plan is n all, given he should have been planning for next season since March.

We rarely, if ever, play the same specific style either for a full game or one game after the next

We chop and change formation to the same regularity as above

We have chopped and changed personnel repeatedly

We can’t keep players fit

We rarely look like dominating a full game

His record signing is an utter fucking joke who he can’t get a tune out of wherever he puts him

Don't know how so many of his apologists on here can keep ignoring this, but instead they like to pull out meaningless guff about losing Rondon and Perez. A manager is supposed to know how to set his teams up. After 20 years of Bruce being in the game, still no one is any the wiser what his actual preferred formation is. He changes his mind twice a fucking month.

He has done okay this season. No Perez and Rondon is clearly is a massive loss (which has been underplayed all season on this board). We got lucky, but we had some good wins. Worried pre-season but we were safe a third of the way through the season. Football was super s*** at home too many times but 11 wins and 11 draws with a game to go is fine. Clearly we need the takeover and a new manager to progress but Bruce hasn't been a "failure". Obviously no takeover or new manager will be rattled this season but so vital we stayed up this season. So so important.

He's benefitted massively from taking over a Rafa coached squad, even if he has made them shitter along the way.

Rondon and Perez scored 25 goals combined. Joelinton scored 2. Don't care about transfer fees. There is -23 goals there. That's huge.

Let’s give Kenny Dalglish a reprieve since Shearer & Ferdinand scored 41 goals between them in 96/97 but Shearer & Tomasson only scored 5 the next season. Bore off man.

Shearer and Tomasson barely played in that season. Shearer had a horrific injury.  :rolleyes:

I get you hate Bruce. Fine. But no Perez and Rondon is a big loss, and you not accepting that makes you like silly.

Joelinton is utter gash man. Would he have scored a few more under Rafa? Probably. But we all have eyes, we've all seen him all season- his first touch gives me anxiety. He's turd.

If we'd kept Rondon and Perez, I don't think they'd be as productive under Bruce, but they'd get 15-17 goals between them. Even just keeping Rondon he'd get at least 8 league goals for us. 4 times as much as Joelinton, who again scored 2 fucking goals. :lol:

As someone pointed out, Rondon didn’t perform like he did last season under Benitez under Pardew & Pulis, what makes you think Bruce would have been more like Benitez than the other two based on watching his career as a manager for two decades?

And you could add Shearer, Tomasson, Barnes, Rush, Asprilla, Ketsbaia & Andersson combined not just those two. Shearer had a big injury, Carroll is injury prone. Tomasson was new to the league, Joelinton is new to the league. Dalglish lost Ginola, Elliott & Ferdinand, Bruce lost Rondon & Perez. I don’t hear Dalglish being given the same half-arsed excuses Bruce gets now that he looks like he might miss out on the More Points Trophy.

We still finished 2nd in 1996-1997 season. We were in the Champions League in 1997-1998 season man - the squad was better than the one we have today.

Add 40 goals to the 97/98 team that Dalglish effectively lost. Same argument you’re applying to Bruce isn’t it?

We went from 2nd to 13th from end of 1997 season to end of 1998 season. We finished 13th last season and we are likely to finish 13th this season with a point difference.

Do you think we’d be 13th now with this number of points had Benitez been in charge?

Do you think we’d be 13th now with this number of points had Benitez been in charge?

No. Probably comfortably in the top half with a potential chance of euro qualification going in to last few games. Could easily imaging having at least another 10 points, and far fewer injuries

Would love to know what his supposed plan is n all, given he should have been planning for next season since March.

We rarely, if ever, play the same specific style either for a full game or one game after the next

We chop and change formation to the same regularity as above

We have chopped and changed personnel repeatedly

We can’t keep players fit

We rarely look like dominating a full game

His record signing is an utter fucking joke who he can’t get a tune out of wherever he puts him

Don't know how so many of his apologists on here can keep ignoring this, but instead they like to pull out meaningless guff about losing Rondon and Perez. A manager is supposed to know how to set his teams up. After 20 years of Bruce being in the game, still no one is any the wiser what his actual preferred formation is. He changes his mind twice a fucking month.

They scored 55% of our league goals last season. That's not fucking meaningless guff.  :lol: :lol:

It's a big loss to a team who'd finished 13th the prior season and had lost 10 home games.

I think we'd be around 10th.

So genuine question, if he gets backed in the transfer market in summer, why would you want to get rid of him? Where do you think we should be finishing?

Guest awaymag

So genuine question, if he gets backed in the transfer market in summer, why would you want to get rid of him? Where do you think we should be finishing?

Oh come on man - look at Bruce's managerial record...    He is abysmal, look where we got him from, look where he has been.  Its a typical Ashley appointment.

I'll ask you a question - would any of the top 10 teams in Premiership offer him the managers role if it became available...................

Because that would be around his ceiling. I want to the club to get back into Europe. I want us to progress and get better and better.

But this all comes back to me saying he's done okay this season, and posters making deluded arguments about how he's been a "failure". Tron saying losing 55% of your league goals is "meaningless guff." It's a terrible argument, that makes no sense. Our last 3 seasons:

44 points 17-18

45 points 18-19

44 points 19-20 (with a game to go).