Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

This guy has been a manager for what, 22-23 years, has learnt nothing, seems to have not made any effort to develop his knowledge and is still managing to get away with it.

Quite a skill in itself :lol:

“5 laps round the field lads, get warmed up “    Steve Bruce 2021

This guy has been a manager for what, 22-23 years, has learnt nothing, seems to have not made any effort to develop his knowledge and is still managing to get away with it.

Quite a skill in itself :lol:

Earning £1 million a year for it too.

He's even too lazy to get in a quality assistant that is more up to speed with the modern game and tactics, and then just oversee operations. Nope. Rather just have all his goofy mates in his backroom team.

It's so strange how some of these, mostly, British managers can be so hideously bad for so many years and still get top jobs. Usually just hear stuff like "they are a safe pair of hands" or other meaningless tripe.

Happens in the highest echelons of life - politics, sport, the arts. That mask has slipped royally (let’s throw them in n all) in recent years more starkly. Chumocracy is it?

Haven’t read the Ryder article. Does he go as far as criticising Bruce or just performances?

The headlines and photo are ambiguous tbh, could just as easily apply to the players as the manager. I haven't read it either, but the idea of Sean Longstaff playing as a false 10 is hard enough to digest as it is. Maybe he got the brothers mixed up?

Slightly odd choice here but would anyone take David Wagner if Bruce got the push? He completely bombed at Schalke but always felt he got the most out of the players he had at Huddersfield. His pressing style and organisation seems like something that would improve us massively to whatever the fuck we’re playing now.

Obviously not my first choice but just a name that cropped up when I was scrolling through budget managers out of work.

"I'll never walk away from a challenge"

also said by Steve Bruce after walking away from Hull  :whistle:

"My biggest regret is having to walk away... I desperately wanted to make it work this summer and be a Premier League manager again but, sadly, it wasn't to be."

Couldn't find any quotes on him leaving Sheff United, but said in interview with Athletic "Sky came in with a very good offer. They wanted me to be a full-time pundit in the Premier League..." :lol:

It's so strange how some of these, mostly, British managers can be so hideously bad for so many years and still get top jobs. Usually just hear stuff like "they are a safe pair of hands" or other meaningless tripe.

Happens in the highest echelons of life - politics, sport, the arts. That mask has slipped royally (let’s throw them in n all) in recent years more starkly. Chumocracy is it?

I think the PFM thing is nearly over TBH, we’re just unlucky we have a clueless owner.

Unless you count people like Lampard as a new generation I guess. That remains to be seen.

"My biggest regret is having to walk away... I desperately wanted to make it work this summer and be a Premier League manager again but, sadly, it wasn't to be."

Couldn't find any quotes on him leaving Sheff United, but said in interview with Athletic "Sky came in with a very good offer. They wanted me to be a full-time pundit in the Premier League..." :lol:

His next gig will be hosting Man vs Food ...... "I'll never walk away from a challenge"

His next gig will be hosting Man vs Food ...... "I'll never walk away from a challenge"

Stuffing his face with bugs and spiders on a Bush Tucker Trial 

"pass the garlic mayo Ant..."

Struggling to come up with the words to describe how much I detest this man. Last night was one of the worst performances from an NUFC side I've ever witnessed. It evoked an emotion I've not felt in a while and I was actually in tears. Mental. Sleep deprived and devoid of most of my privileges' and this cunt just takes a shit on my heart. Fuck you.

False 10 is a thing. But it’s definitely not how Longstaff and Fraser (?) played last night and Bruce obviously doesn’t know what it is.

What is it then? Which other managers use it?

Read this

https://thefalse9.com/2015/11/football-tactics-for-beginners-the-false-10.html

I did, and I still have no idea.  It's like an inverted winger apparently.  Which seems to be a winger who plays in the middle :lol:

Honestly think if you want a real example who makes sense would be Podolski used to be at Arsenal, who sat in no 10 slot kinda but basically did little creatively just banged in goals more like a striker from there

Slightly odd choice here but would anyone take David Wagner if Bruce got the push? He completely bombed at Schalke but always felt he got the most out of the players he had at Huddersfield. His pressing style and organisation seems like something that would improve us massively to whatever the fuck we’re playing now.

Obviously not my first choice but just a name that cropped up when I was scrolling through budget managers out of work.

At this minute in time I’d take Wagner from the X Factor

No I don’t think we have the squad depth and fitness to switch to a pressing system mid season