Newcastle 0 - 1 Chelsea - Post match thread

Dave

Guest thompers

Feel pretty ripped-off really.

Robben is a cunt basically, I'd love to meet him and crush his head in my vice-like grip.

The twat.

Well god help him if he ever signs up here, because if you don't like him, he'd be out on his arse at the first offence, probably after you'd just let another poster off with a worse one.

Whinge whinge whinge...

Whinge whinge whinge look where we've been and where we are toniiiight  whistling.gif

Absolutely gutted that we're out. Absolutely gutted.

And it's Roeder's fault, simple as tbh. Yeah - they cheated, but the starting line-up was a joke and the non-substitutions was absolutely mental.

Fuck off

Roeders fault what you on about mate?

He picked a good team and we did really well, whats wrong with that?

Bollocks tbh. From the moment we started with 4-5-1, we woul dhave nothing in the box. And we didn't. A goal was coming from absolutely nowhere except a bit of masterclass from Martins. And to go through all of that second half when we were dead and buried and doing absolutely nothing, and Martins was all on his own, he didn't make any subs which was pathetic.

Roeder fucked up tonight. Big time.

Roeder needs to make a very important decision...and i am concerned he wont do it

butt emre parker  doesnt work  3 pegs ... two holes

i really believe and this is no slag at parker.. we could have done it if it was 442

Yes it was a free kick... but yet again Robben spends more time trying to get people sent off than playing any football.

At one point he was caught on the back of the head by Solano's flailing arm, as Nobby was facing the other way. Robben drops to the deck holding his face, screaming like a girl.

... yeah I know saw that one and all! plus the way he theatricaly swan dived for THE free kick, Nobby was getting pretty heated by it all... he should have just let his anger take over and properly done him.

Parker looked knackered in the first half tonight, I really don't rate him, but he's a player and we're short of them atm. So I understand why he was played.

Should have been brought off about 55-60 mins gone and changed to 4-4-2 with Sib and Martins up front.

Overall I thought we competed well, but as previously mentioned, we're naive, I know Chelsea seem to be a bunch of cheating Cunts, but it's part of the game now. We need to incorporate some of that into our game if we are going to improve & suceed.

Blaming Parker and Roeder.  :lol:

From my piont of view you couldn't have done anything differently, you set up an attacking side and Chelsea will rip us apart. Plus people forget Sibbers is 31, he'll do well to get through all 4 games in the festive periodwithout playing tonight.

If you want to piont fingers blame the linesman who denied us the goal, Solano for getting skinned by Robben and Butt for giving away the free kick.

Really however no blame should be put anywhere, it was a respectable performance against a far superior side and we were only beaten by a wonder goal.

BTW I thought our worst player tonight was Dyer. I'm not blaming him though cos he's clearly unfit. Some of his passing was very wayward and he just didn't really get in the game apart from a couple of runs maybe. The rest of the midfield done ok, and our defence was very good i thought.

From my piont of view you couldn't have done anything differently, you set up an attacking side and Chelsea will rip us apart. Plus people forget Sibbers is 31, he'll do well to get through all 4 games in the festive periodwithout playing tonight.

If you want to piont fingers blame the linesman who denied us the goal, Solano for getting skinned by Robben and Butt for giving away the free kick.

Really however no blame should be put anywhere, it was a respectable performance against a far superior side and we were only beaten by a wonder goal.

If Sibs cant play 30mins tonight he wants shooting.

If GR couldn't see we needed to change it at 60mins as we were slipping he needs shooting.

If you cant see the above two facts then you need... ;)

Emre spends too much time licking the arses of those players he fouls if you ask me!

Agreed :lol: what was all that sucking up the Yukelele early on in the first half... just get on with it.

Guest Geordie_Paul

I have to admit i haven't been this pissed off about a game in a long time. Nothing to do with Robben getting a free-kick (even though we should've had one before) but the fact they moved it 4 yards to the right so it was just aboot in the box! I mean howay surely the ref should be there to check that out. 1-2 yards yes but you could tell clearly it was moved!

Personally i think picking on Roeder and Parker is a bit harsh because overall i think we were the better team by far.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

I think Butt had a really really bad game compared to his last games and the midfield was too crowed like all the other times we have played 4-5-1  bluesigh.gif

Especially the right side of the defence did very well and with the players we have going forward im sure we will bounce back on saterday....

Given 6

Solano 8

Taylor 7

Ramage 7

Huntington 7

Dyer 6

Parker 6

Butt 7

Milner 8

Oba 8

Emre 6

Roeder 1

(look at the subs, chelsea make 3 when nothing was happening in the game, we bring on sib in 86th min)

Chelsea have Cole, Ballack, Lampard and Drogba to choose from. Compare it to Edgar, Luque, Rossi and Super Sib  :lol:

i dont think im blaming roeder or parker on this occasion cos your right i dont think he had much of a choice... but when duff or zoggy is available

I really wonder who he'll play in the centre of midfield

we had no natural width on the left tonight, ...and the right struggled....i think that hindered us .. we were going backwards more than forwards

Out done by a bit of class from a world class player! Thought we played well tho...passed the ball well at times..just lacked that killer ball. Would have beaten most clubs tonight....unlucky!

Not sure about parker, looked slow and his passing was a bit weak at times...emre is much better playing along side butt which wud have alowed us to play an extra front man or dyer in behind martins! oh well its done now! lol

Goal disallowed, dive for a free kick, move the ball forward a few paces to get an advantage, score, ref spoon feeding them decisions. Sounds about right. When will we buy our own referees?

Wasn't a dive at all, he was clearly fouled.

He would have been fouled if he hadn't dived over Butt's leg, I doubt there was any actual contact, but fine give them a freekick. However, even if you ignore that incident, he was his usual sickening self throughout the whole game - especially when he got Solano booked despite him being the one that committed the actual foul!! The bloke's a twat, one day someone will lay him out on the pitch, I hope I'm watching when they do. Either that or the press will start a witch-hunt against him and he'll get hounded out of the country, probably ending up at Barca or something.

If Sibs cant play 30mins tonight he wants shooting.

If GR couldn't see we needed to change it at 60mins as we were slipping he needs shooting.

If you cant see the above two facts then you need... ;)

Problem is with Carling Cup, you don't know it was going to be just 30 mins, if it goes to extra time he's gonna have to play 60 mins. I'd rather keep him fresh for the weekend and then Tuesday.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

i dont think im blaming roeder or parker on this occasion cos your right i dont think he had much of a choice... but when duff or zoggy is available

I really wonder who he'll play in the centre of midfield

we had no natural width on the left tonight, ...and the right struggled....i think that hindered us .. we were going backwards more than forwards

Can you say Milner ;) Not the left wing which was the problem today....

I would be pissed of if it wasn`t Chelsea we were playing but its expected. More time to concentrate on winning the UEFA cup and finishing at least 7th this season. 

Also why didn`t we have someone on the post for the freekick? Since Shearer has gone we havn`t got anyone to moan like F*** to the ref when other players cheat, I bet he would have noticed they moved the ball.

Some good news, Tottenham are being taken to extra time i think.