Joelinton

Stifler

1 minute ago, WillingtonMag said:

When people are coming out with utter shite they will get called an idiot it's part of life. You said "he shouldn't be any where near the club never mind the team" which sayings as he's been our best performer lately is a ridiculous thing to say.

His end product is still virtually non existent in the final third. He’s also been directly involved in two of the goals conceded in the last two games.  I answered the question about what role I think he should be in and the alternatives (which I said were none currently). I also said that most of the team will be replaced within the next four transfer windows also. Being one of the better players is no great endorsement as the team has generally been pretty poor. 

9 hours ago, et tu brute said:

I just don’t get the current rave about him.. Yes he doesn’t lose the ball as much, but he’s been directly involved in two goals in the last two games. The one against Leicester and the second goal today (yes Shelvey did the back pass but the ball to him should have been played back to the centre half). As an attacking influence he is still virtually non existent also. 

Think of it this way: his performances have been good relative to 1) what he did before and 2) what other NUFC players are doing now.

14 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

Think of it this way: his performances have been good relative to 1) what he did before and 2) what other NUFC players are doing now.

Wouldn’t say good, but I would not argue with better. As I said I just don’t get the love in all of a sudden. I’ll make this my last post on this though, as just going in circles now 

3 hours ago, et tu brute said:

His forward play is still virtually non existent in both chances created and goals scored and he has been involved in two of the goals conceded in the last two games. I mean someone above was trying to compare his performance yesterday to Kante. Agree all about opinions.

Fair dues, but do you not think he ulis one of our stand out performers at present? Like who has been better than him in the side? 

I thought he was great again last night.  Has found a yard of pace from somewhere, his attitude and application have both improved massively.  He's played in a number of different roles already and bar Arsenal, he has been pretty decent in all of the games under Howe, regularly being one of our top performers or MOTM.  

All that said, I can't see him ever living up to his price tag and we had Mo Diame doing similar for a season and he cost what, £2m?  But it's not really his fault that we spent so much on a player and then totally misused them for 2 years.  So I will just try to enjoy the improved performances. 

I'm not sure what the future holds for him and he still feels a bit position-less to me.  But absolutely loving what he is doing and long may it continue. 

He’s easily been our most consistent performer since Howe has come in.

After Wilson, he’s currently the first name on the team sheet for me.

Yes, we bought him for his attacking ‘ability’ but the way he’s playing at the moment and with our options in CM I think we could do worse than trying him in there. 

19 minutes ago, Heron said:

Fair dues, but do you not think he ulis one of our stand out performers at present? Like who has been better than him in the side? 

As I said before that’s not a high standard of measurement as I think generally the performances have been poor. I think just about every player in that squad needs to be replaced and shipped out.

49 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

He’s easily been our most consistent performer since Howe has come in.

After Wilson, he’s currently the first name on the team sheet for me.

Yes, we bought him for his attacking ‘ability’ but the way he’s playing at the moment and with our options in CM I think we could do worse than trying him in there. 

So second name on the teamsheet?

He's gone from being not worthy of being in the line up to our best player in the middle of the park. Breaks up play, always pressuring the opposition, can carry the ball and make good passes forward. Think there's even more to come from him for sure. Seems every game under Howe he's got better, and in ways I didn't expect.

Dropping him deeper gives him a bit more space and his awareness and passing are fantastic. Can also rumble forward with the ball effectively and bully other midfielders while doing so. Love the role he has right now. Outstanding.

2 hours ago, frankpingel said:

Loving the way he's eventually using his physicality effectively. Also looks quicker both physically and mentally in the way he's playing.

Was quite surprised how quick he was when he did get a run going. I mean he's no Mbappe, but he can shift when he needs to.