Joelinton

Stifler

On 12/08/2023 at 22:41, Kid Icarus said:

Winning that well without Joelinton needing to unleash hell is a good sign. He coasted through that match, in a good way.

Yes. Odd reading people’s opinion that Bruno was bad when JL had less impact on the game (neither were ‘bad’ imo).

I wonder what his brief was last night. If it was different instructions to normal? Feels like we could have done with something sitting in front of centre backs. Foden had so much room. I know great players find space, and he truly showed his greatness last night,  but he/their set-up exploited that space wonderfully.

The thing with him is, he's hard to get past, and when he starts running he can build up a canny bit of speed. 

You fold those qualities into last night and it potentially gives Walker more problems. I don't blame Eddie because you don't want to change a winning team, and throwing Longstaff in from the start would have been suicide. 

If Trent plays next week it might be one for then.

Honestly all his best games from last season came from the left wing. When he was moved to midfield due to Longstaffs injury we were struggling a little. Not just because of him ofcourse, but I remember he had a couple of not so good games in midfield.

Edited by Erikse