Joelinton

Stifler

Honestly, use the Ignore function. I've never had to in 14 years posting on this forum, but I have this summer. If people are relentlessly going to post the same tedious thing over and over and over and over again, it's the only remedy. It's genuinely improved the forum for me, having put a few people on it. And the more who have them on Ignore, the less people will respond, then folks soon pack it in. We've seen it plenty of times before.

Honestly, use the Ignore function. I've never had to in 14 years posting on this forum, but I have this summer. If people are relentlessly going to post the same tedious thing over and over and over and over again, it's the only remedy. It's genuinely improved the forum for me, having put a few people on it. And the more who have them on Ignore, the less people will respond, then folks soon pack it in. We've seen it plenty of times before.

Fair point, will use it now.

From what I read about Joelinton from his time at Hoffenheim he seemed more suitable to being a Perez replacement rather than playing the target man role like Rondon did last season. However, because Bruce could only complement him on his size and strength when he first signed its probably no surprise Bruce is using him for a role he just can't play. He has never been a prolific goal scorer, but there is probably potential there however, we will never see that potential because Bruce is one of the last managers you want getting the best out of a young talent. I can guarantee you if someone like Hasenhuttl or Gracia was in charge of this team then you would see a better player in Joelinton.

I kind of feel sorry for him to be honest. Because he cost £40 million there is an expectation for him to score loads of goals, to win matches on his own and to shoot the club to safety. He is new to this league and country, but has no time to adapt because the pressure is already on him to be the main man. Last week it was mentioned Bruce wanted Carroll to be Joelintons mentor, but what is he going to learn from someone he can't communicate with and spends most of his time on the injury table. The perfect mentor for Joelinton would have been Rondon who is a professional on and off the pitch. The pressure would instantly be off Joelintons shoulders because everyone could rely on Rondon to lead the line and you could even have the luxury of having Joelinton start matches from the bench until he settles in. This is what Arsenal appear to be doing with Pepe. He also has a big price tag on his head and there is an expectation of him being a big player for them. However like Joelinton he might need time to adapt to a new league and country, but because Arsenal have Aubameyang and Lacazette up front, Emery has the luxury of putting Pepe on the bench until he is ready to start matches regularly because Emery knows he can rely on two experienced forwards to beat Newcastle and Burnley.

Newcastle just don't care about these important details which are more likely to help make a profit on players like Joelinton than what they are trying to do now. A club policy of only buying players because of their resale value rather than how they fit into a teams system never works, we have seen from the McClaren era it doesn't work. It doesn't benefit Ashley in terms of profit, it doesn't benefit the team in getting results and it doesn't help a young player reach their potential. Yet the club insist on doing it this way and once again it will to relegation.

Good post. He's in a tough situation for any player never mind for a 22/23 year old adjusting to a new culture and league. Needs time, won't get it, both due to the necessity to win games and also due to a certain bulk of our fan base which has proved time and time again to be less than patient and not at all forgiving to players find their feet.

Hope this c*** is out for the season

Bit much like. You've every right and reason to be furious with the club, but wishing one of our own players injured is bad crack.

Ah your right. Wanting 40m of mikes investment and increasing the chances of relegation isn't ok and nobody wants that do they!?

Guest neesy111

I said it when we signed him, if he was bought as rondon replacement then it's a big worry.  He should be playing much deeper.

It's getting to the point where I honestly think the football section needs to be split in two, one for the ones that just want to talk about how much they want Newcastle to lose, and one for the rest of us that actually want to discuss football.

Guest chopey

Hope this cunt is out for the season

Bellend

How the hell do you injure your bellend? Poor fucka, Derek Wright has a job on his hands rubbing deep heat on that

Hope this c*** is out for the season

Bit much like. You've every right and reason to be furious with the club, but wishing one of our own players injured is bad crack.

Ah your right. Wanting 40m of mikes investment and increasing the chances of relegation isn't ok and nobody wants that do they!?

Just chill man  :)

Dumb and Dumber are ruining this forum. Repetitive, boring, shit.

They are no better than Mike Ashley.

They have no respect for their fellow fans based on their idea they are superior to others because they have a different opinion.

They come on here everyday and laud Rafa Benitez, but why? They share none of the man's values or have even a modicum of that man's dignity.

It is all fake and what they really enjoy is having something to be angry about because they are generally angry people.

I can’t understand this transfer one bit. Even if he scored 20 goals in his first season the club wouldn’t make much profit (after wages and agent fees). Such a big risk buying a player for that amount in this model, i’m certainly there is more to this.

I can’t understand this transfer one bit. Even if he scored 20 goals in his first season the club wouldn’t make much profit (after wages and agent fees). Such a big risk buying a player for that amount in this model, i’m certainly there is more to this.

Probably just to spite Rafa as he didn't want him

The guy's value has probably halved already thanks to throwing him out there in a system that doesn't even function.

Absolutely needed a very good manager that wants to work with and bring along young players to even have a chance.

The guy's value has probably halved already thanks to throwing him out there in a system that doesn't even function.

Absolutely needed a very good manager that wants to work with and bring along young players to even have a chance.

That’s exactly what I mean; if you’re going to buy young players and increase their value, you don’t appoint Steve Bruce. The club must know this? Is it another agent favour?

That’s exactly what I mean; if you’re going to buy young players and increase their value, you don’t appoint Steve Bruce. The club must know this? Is it another agent favour?

Maybe, but these agents also have managers they represent right?

Why on earth couldn't they get a decent manager from one of these agents too?

The whole thing is ridiculous.

They don't know what they are doing answers a lot of these little mysteries. It's been clear over the last decade that it's all seat of the pants stuff and very little attention to detail. Just got lucky with Rafa, won't happen again.

They don't know what they are doing answers a lot of these little mysteries. It's been clear over the last decade that it's all seat of the pants stuff and very little attention to detail. Just got lucky with Rafa, won't happen again.

Yeah ... especially as Rafa was even the one to approach them.

Dumb and Dumber are ruining this forum. Repetitive, boring, shit.

I don't want to go all RTG, but they're both clearly mackems. Both joined when the takeover was falling apart (CDM 1st) just to stir it up and now they just dig out the fans/club. Which considering most of us are doing so anyway is fairly pointless....