Joelinton

Stifler

Looked like he got caught in possession quite a lot and gave the ball away frequently. The stats will back it up I'm sure. Anyhow he's not mobile or aggressive enough to be a defensive midfielder in case people are thinking that's what we should do with him.

17 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

Looked like he got caught in possession quite a lot and gave the ball away frequently. The stats will back it up I'm sure. Anyhow he's not mobile or aggressive enough to be a defensive midfielder in case people are thinking that's what we should do with him.

Strangely I thought he was one of our few players who retained the ball with some success. He might not be a midfielder long term, but it says a lot about how poor our squad is that he still looked the best footballer on our side, and probably has for the last few games. 

He's definitely one of our more talented players although that bar is very low. But he's never really going to be a defensive player and as an attacker we've had plenty of time to see how little of a goal threat he is. Not sure where that leaves him. Hopefully sold and out of the team along with 99% of the rest of the squad.

We saw the power today of having someone in the middle who can turn a player and break the line. Joe was class at times until he looked to gas out after 70 mins or so (fair enough).

We're shaky passing out from the back and we don't have a great outlet to boot the ball up to (Wilson is a nuisance but it's not his natural game) so having someone who can collect deeper and get things moving forward is massively important. 

More midfielders, please.

6 minutes ago, POOT 2.0 said:

He was a revelation today. He might not have turned into something exceptional...but the upturn in his performances has been exceptional. 

Today was one of his best games, particularly the first half. Absolutely powered through their middle. 

Agree with that, but I’m still always worried that he loses the ball in a dangerous area with a poor touch or pass. If he can make better decisions all round, then I think there’s a player in there 

The way he held up the ball today were shades of Rondon, strong and powerful. We really need a stronger body in the team because all the other players we have now are pissant weak. 

Joe also has a pretty decent set of footskills in his locker, not surprising for a Brazillian. Really want him to get even more better. Only shining light in the team right now.

Edited by nufcjb

1 hour ago, ManDoon said:

He was known  in Jormany for his defensive work and willingness to carry out instructions. I don’t think the scouting was wrong, we just used him horribly. Naglsemann is no fool and he loves him. 

Makes sense this. Bruce and The Merry Band of Steve's had fuck all instruction wise, so clocks on Joelinton did fuck all. 

Yet to get my hopes up, enjoy seeing him play better, and putting up performances that show he deserves a future here. Never had him down as a CM though. 

Edited by SchärMix

He is our best player recently but in our worst team recently, his inability to produce anything in the final third is not going to help us much in a relegation battle.

Although he is turning to our best midfielder, maybe if we manage to get players who are better in the final third and ones who can defend a bit more he can be that excellent link between both.

Quite frankly - I couldn't give a fuck about the lad to be honest. 

I'm not getting too excited. Same with Shelvey. I'm expecting both to be shit soon enough. 

Shelvey's had about 5 managers give him a new life now.... 

Joelinton ran around for 18 months like a spastic under Bruce. Bruce aside, nobody goes from retard to the next Vieira.   

42 minutes ago, SchärMix said:

Joelinton ran around for 18 months like a spastic under Bruce. Bruce aside, nobody goes from retard to the next Vieira. 

Hot take.

I gave him stick when he was shit, likewise I'll give him credit when he puts in a solid performance.

Is he the future, probably not. But for now he's one of the better performers so keep it up Big Jow

1 hour ago, SchärMix said:

Quite frankly - I couldn't give a fuck about the lad to be honest. 

I'm not getting too excited. Same with Shelvey. I'm expecting both to be shit soon enough. 

Shelvey's had about 5 managers give him a new life now.... 

Spastic, really? It’s 2021 FFS!