Joelinton

Stifler

He just looks a completely different player, like he’s been injected with proper Brazilian football DNA. He’s never a striker or a goalscorer, but to have seen how he played last night, he looked like a world-class DCM just breaking up play, controlling the midfield, protecting the ball and even playing front foot football going forward. He’s developing into a leader too, constantly challenging decisions that go against us and remonstrating with officials and even his own team-mates at times. That’s something not many in the squad do which pisses me off no end…

2 minutes ago, HTT II said:

He just looks a completely different player, like he’s been injected with proper Brazilian football DNA. He’s never a striker or a goalscorer, but to have seen how he played last night, he looked like a world-class DCM just breaking up play, controlling the midfield, protecting the ball and even playing front foot football going forward. He’s developing into a leader too, constantly challenging decisions that go against us and remonstrating with officials and even his own team-mates at times. That’s something not many in the squad do which pisses me off no end…

Yeah, noticed how pissed off he gets now.

We lack any grit or bastards in the team, yet the mild mannered joelinton has stepped up to the plate remarkably.

My boy usually plays on the wings or CF and tonight against one of the best under 8 teams in Newcastle he bossed it in midfield apparently, earning the nickname Joelinton by his team-mates and coaches, unlike our Brazilian superstar though my boy can score and got 3 goals. We are shite and he’s been shit before Howe, but it’s great that NUFC is now a focal point again for the wider grassroots football community and my boy’s club are taking the entire team to the Cambridge FA cup match as an Xmas gift. So many people I know have started taking their kids to their first ever Toon games recently, I love it :smitten:

Edited by HTT II

3 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Bruce never figured out he was a cm. All that time and Bruce didn’t have a scooby.

He was handed to Bruce on a plate and literally put his NUFC career back two seasons, he even gave him the pressure of the number 9.

33 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

Strange hearing/reading the comparisons. Socrates, Vieira, Kante, Batty, Mo Diame. Any one I've missed?

The languid style and his role honestly does remind me of Socrates, which is why I thought that comparison was so good. Obviously tongue in cheek in terms of their quality, which shouldn't need saying, but there are obviously some people who need it spelled out that yes, obviously Joelinton is the better player.

1 minute ago, kisearch said:

The languid style and his role honestly does remind me of Socrates, which is why I thought that comparison was so good. Obviously tongue in cheek in terms of their quality, which shouldn't need saying, but there are obviously some people who need it spelled out that yes, obviously Joelinton is the better player.

We need a Tik Tok of Joelinton chainsmoking cigarettes outside a cafe espousing political philosophy :thup:

He's completely won me over. I don't think there's been a player yet who I've had such a 180 on.

I've gone from dreading seeing his name anywhere near the team sheet and wondering why we spent even £40 on him, never mind £40m, to thinking he is indispensable and a complete bargain. Madness. :lol:

Was looking for a little things in football thread to say exactly that. Sibierski, Perch, Best, Diame, Joelinton, and I'm sure a fair few others. There's nothing I like more than a player making their own fans eat shit.

Edited by kisearch

Weird thing to post but he’s like obviously a bright lad given how quickly he has learned to falla ingles . Sort of thing you could make a wild assumption like I am how that would go hand in hand with tactical reading and learning a new role.

Still wild to post as he has been a colossal reason we have been and are so shit.