Joelinton

Stifler

Yeah, also he’s lowered expectations to the point where controlling a ball and carrying it a little is considered a good performance. 

That's because there's not that many in our team who can do it.

Did well to get it on target. Looked like a man walking the plank as he strolled up to take it. That said he was infinitely better than Carroll.

Being able to control the ball and carry it forward shouldn't be underestimated in our team. Schar came on and immediately you could see the difference it makes.

Yeah, also he’s lowered expectations to the point where controlling a ball and carrying it a little is considered a good performance.

:lol:

This. So much this.

I don't even know if he scored or missed this penalty as I've been out. Doesn't matter either way.

Penalty miss aside, he played pretty well when he came on. Looked more confident and assertive with his play.

It was an ok penalty, save not a miss

The context of my post was to highlight his performance during the game, not the penalty, and the fact that I mistakenly wrote "miss" rather than "save".

Our expectations really have been lowered. Some of you should go and watch the National League, you'll have your minds blown.

I would say I only really agree with this statement to an extent. I've been watching football for long enough now to feel like I'm able to objectively assess a players performance, and Joelinton's was a fairly positive one for the amount of time he was on the pitch, not just "good by his standards".

Fairly positive in the sense that this time he was able to trap the football? That's progress alright.

In all seriousness if that's fairly positive it's no wonder MA is able to get away with the shit he's doing.

So I presume that having watched his performance, your assessment was that all he did was trap the ball, and that said trapping of the ball is what lead me to say his performance was positive? Or are you adding a layer of agenda to my post that isn't there?

Fairly positive in the sense that this time he was able to trap the football? That's progress alright.

In all seriousness if that's fairly positive it's no wonder MA is able to get away with the shit he's doing.

So I presume that having watched his performance, your assessment was that all he did was trap the ball, and that said trapping of the ball is what lead me to say his performance was positive? Or are you adding a layer of agenda to my post that isn't there?

Nah, I was joking about the trapping of the ball comment, hence the next line starting with "In all seriousness..."

If you think that performance against a League 2 side can be classed as 'fairly positive' then Mike Ashley has won.

Penalty miss aside, he played pretty well when he came on. Looked more confident and assertive with his play.

It was an ok penalty, save not a miss

The penalty was piss weak!

My piss is strong. Poor though, hasn't got 2 pennies to rub together.

Nah, I was joking about the trapping of the ball comment, hence the next line starting with "In all seriousness..."

If you think that performance against a League 2 side can be classed as 'fairly positive' then Mike Ashley has won.

This is why I only chuck throwaway comments onto this forum.

His performance was fairly positive (hardly an outlandish, OTT observation), yet for thinking that, "Mike Ashley has won". Does every post on this forum have to be underpinned by the ultimate agenda of removing Ashley (which I'm obviously fully in support of, btw).

I watch other teams as well as Newcastle and therefore am well aware of what resembles a positive performance.

Just to be clear, I have no problem whatsoever if people disagree with me, but I do have a problem with someone inferring that I'm accepting of the situation that Ashley has put us in, purely for observing the performance of a player.

This is why I only chuck throwaway comments onto this forum.

His performance was fairly positive (hardly an outlandish, OTT observation), yet for thinking that, "Mike Ashley has won". Does every post on this forum have to be underpinned by the ultimate agenda of removing Ashley (which I'm obviously fully in support of, btw).

I watch other teams as well as Newcastle and therefore am well aware of what resembles a positive performance.

And that was the polar opposite of a positive performance.

Not sure how someone saying Joelinton looked "Assertive and Confident" is such a controversial statement like, as he did when he came on, and we looked better when he was on the pitch then when he was off it.

I know he's been utter s**** in the main since he's been here, and ultimately I don't think he's a very good player, but objectivley he played well last night. Not sure why saying that triggers some people.

Not sure how someone saying Joelinton looked "Assertive and Confident" is such a controversial statement like, as he did when he came on, and we looked better when he was on the pitch then when he was off it.

I know he's been utter s**** in the main since he's been here, and ultimately I don't think he's a very good player, but objectivley he played well last night. Not sure why saying that triggers some people.

Because he didn't look like that at all. He still looks sheepish and average at best against League 2 opposition.

If that performance was against another PL side it would be a different story, but the level of opposition dictates the level of performance required to be classed as having "played well", in my opinion.

Fairly positive in that he was better than most others on the pitch at trapping the ball and transitioning forward. If you watched the game, and most others before it, you'll have seen that it has been a real problem for many of our players, hence the remarkably shit football. I don't know why that's so hard to understand for some people.