Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

As said, the landscape has changed so much since Bruce-ball and we've had to make a tough call on a supremely gifted player. There'll be plenty more hard decisions we'll have to make in the near future if we really want to progress.

ASM has been my favourite toon player for pretty much his entire time with us, but his fitness record has just been poor for a while now. If this happens, he'll be a big miss and his contributions never forgotten, but he'll also be getting a huge payday which I think he thoroughly deserves.

I only have huge love for the guy :aww: He'll be an entertaining star wherever he goes

How much did we get for Wood ? So I trust the club play this perfectly.

The fee (if the transfer is real) will be more like £40m. It’s the fee that’s been suggested by a few reputable YouTube channels

We could flog him to someone like Forest for at least 10m more than that ffs. Issue is that Saudi League wages -tax free as well with 5 star accommodation paid for (as per Saudi labor law) and a literal army of people picking up after you so that you can live better than most world leaders- means that he’d never choose anyone else.

2 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

Now that Rob M has said he won't be there tonight, and Adam P then Craig Hope backed it up. I can confirm that he won’t be there tonight, I can assure you

Mark my words.

Remember - there's going to be a massive outcry if and when we sell ASM to a Saudi team. So there's no doubt that publicly we will want the price to appear as low as possible, but privately I would assume that there will be a sale for as much as we can possibly justify when the books are eventually revealed.

4 hours ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Not particularly happy with this. Concerned we’re going to be quite predictable going forward. 

Aye. We’ve spent all this money to only have 2 genuine ballers in the squad (Bruno & Isak).  

A very physical team. 

Im a Pep-ball critic. But I do like how he likes his wife players with a lot of footballing ability. They may not always get freedom to express it but Foden, Mahrez, Grealish, Bilva all love getting the ball to feet and working magic. Would all be wicked at 5 a side. 

If we sell Maxi and bring in Barnes, we lose a lot of ability to feet in wide areas.  Not a lot 1v1. 

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Aye. We’ve spent all this money to only have 2 genuine ballers in the squad (Bruno & Isak).  

A very physical team. 

Im a Pep-ball critic. But I do like how he likes his wife players with a lot of footballing ability. They may not always get freedom to express it but Foden, Mahrez, Grealish, Bilva all love getting the ball to feet and working magic. Would all be wicked at 5 a side. 

If we sell Maxi and bring in Barnes, we lose a lot of ability to feet in wide areas.  Not a lot 1v1. 

Hes rarely fully fit and thats half the problem.  He started 12 games last season.  Also, we aren't predictable at all, we were the first half of the season and then the other teams worked it out so eddie changed it around feb/march time so we might not have unpredictable players but because of the way we overload as in sometimes having the right and left winger on the left or right, its hard to predict.

9 minutes ago, Memphis said:

Remember - there's going to be a massive outcry if and when we sell ASM to a Saudi team. So there's no doubt that publicly we will want the price to appear as low as possible, but privately I would assume that there will be a sale for as much as we can possibly justify when the books are eventually revealed.

Fuck the lot of them [emoji38]

15 minutes ago, Memphis said:

I'm not sure there will be now because of all the others going there at inflated prices.

2 hours ago, Manxst said:

He could play one game and get a hat trick and 5 assists then be injured the rest of the season. His per minutes output would be incredible. For the minutes he’s played, he’d be unreal. But for the past few seasons, he simply doesn’t play the minutes required, either through injury or effort. Hence stats per min are pointless. 

ASM played 35 games/2825 minutes in the league in 21/22, over half of that under Howe. I appreciate that everyone can have their own opinions but please don't lie or make shite up without checking first.

3 minutes ago, Manxst said:

Sky reporter at Ibrox just mentioned that we’d be wanting “around £40m” for ASM if the sale was to go through. 

PIF will sell for how little or big a fee you'd imagine but I think it'll be market value-ish. They'll hardly want to undercut us knowing the FFP situation. 

2 hours ago, Dokko said:

Hope I'm wrong but maxi out and Barnes in is one of the worst decisions of the window. Hope it's the napoli lad, otherwise this is awful. 

Worst decision in many windows if its £21m in and £40m out. Christ.