Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

1 hour ago, LV said:

Not sure how the PL can dictate what a foreign club outside of their jurisdiction pays for a player mind. 

Pretty much. Not part of the Premier League or UEFA. So they'd have to go to FIFA, and my bet is FIFA won't want to get involved as that'd mean actual work. Then there would be a court case and CAS and... aye. 

So its ok for chelsea liverpool and others to get rid of there dross for overmarket values.

But Newcastle try and sell on maxi just to comply with FFP And they loss there marbles.

Come on lets get the lawyers out and blow these cry babys away.

The ironic thing is that the only reason we're selling him to ensure we can comply with the (fucking bullshit) FFP rules in the first place. Ideally I'm sure we'd like to keep him and add to the squad but we're doing it by the book and he's the one that's been sacrificed this summer. As I've said we could be really blatant and shift the dross on for inflated fees but this is a single transfer for a fee that's 'about right'. It's not excessive or disproportionate and no cunt would have batted an eyelid had the money been coming from Milan or Napoli. I understand the scrutiny but there's literally nothing out of the ordinary about the fee for ASM

2 minutes ago, midds said:

The ironic thing is that the only reason we're selling him to ensure we can comply with the (fucking bullshit) FFP rules in the first place. Ideally I'm sure we'd like to keep him and add to the squad but we're doing it by the book and he's the one that's been sacrificed this summer. As I've said we could be really blatant and shift the dross on for inflated fees but this is a single transfer for a fee that's 'about right'. It's not excessive or disproportionate and no cunt would have batted an eyelid had the money been coming from Milan or Napoli. I understand the scrutiny but there's literally nothing out of the ordinary about the fee for ASM

No point getting worked up about it. Liverpool's natural speaking voice is whinging.

How do you define fair market value? Length of contract remaining + how the player is performing, how his fitness is? It becomes opinion anyway, I don't think anything could come of it even if we sold him for £80m. The fact that the figure seems to be around the £25m mark shows we are willing to play well within the rules. Weird little courtroom OBJECTION for other clubs to make for the sake of making it. 

6 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

What exactly in the flying fuck is fair market value if Enzo Fernandes cost 105 million

Aye, but Chelsea dont buy at market prices nor do Benfica sell at them.  There are probably rules around the prices, you probably have to cite a similar example.  If ASM played for Portugal we no doubt could have said 50M but as he is not an international (I was using Neves as an example as I think him and ASM are similar profile caps aside).

There will be rules around there having to cite an example and it will involve international caps and age.

1 minute ago, relámpago blanco said:

Aye, but Chelsea dont buy at market prices nor do Benfica sell at them.  There are probably rules around the prices, you probably have to cite a similar example.  If ASM played for Portugal we no doubt could have said 50M but as he is not an international (I was using Neves as an example as I think him and ASM are similar profile caps aside).

There will be rules around there having to cite an example and it will involve international caps and age.

International football has never been a good barometer as to how valuable someone is in club football.

David Ginola and Laurent Robert are some of the best left wingers the PL has ever seen and they barely played for France, so they'd be worth much less than someone like James McFadden?

8 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Pepe to Arsenal must be under scrutiny 

As if fair market value even exists :lol: The game is long past that point thanks to the same people now crying foul that someone else doing less than what they've done for years and which is now apparently beyond the pale because Allan Saint Maximin is being sold for £35m. :lol: Unless ASM went for over £60m there would be nothing that couldn't be justified by pointing at a long list of ineffective players who've done nothing and gone for insane amounts of money.

I don't like us being owned by SA and I don't like states owning clubs, as well as a whole host of other things that are ruining the game. But other clubs whinging on to the PL about 'fair market value' with a completely straight face can fuck clean off like. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

11 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

International football has never been a good barometer as to how valuable someone is in club football.

David Ginola and Laurent Robert are some of the best left wingers the PL has ever seen and they barely played for France, so they'd be worth much less than someone like James McFadden?

Yeah and ASM getting caps would've been more likely if he was Portuguese and not French, same as Robert and Ginola. I strongly disagree with the idea that many seem to have that caps should affect a transfer fee or players value. It's actually better for the buying team if national team's coach doesn't fancy a player and he can be rested during international breaks. Just a stupid example but Botman still has no caps while Maguire and Dier are regulars for one of the biggest national teams.

Edited by Pata

2 minutes ago, Pata said:

Yeah and ASM getting caps would've been more likely if he was Portuguese and not French, same as Robert and Ginola. I strongly disagree with the idea that many seem to have that caps should affect a transfer fee or players value. It's actually better for the buying team if national team's coach doesn't fancy a player and he can be rested during international breaks. Just a stupid example but Botman still has no caps while Maguire and Dier are regulars for one of the biggest national teams.

How do you objectively measure that though, that's my point. You have to remove all elements of guesswork and subjective BS when rulemaking, surely.

12 minutes ago, Pata said:

I'm not saying it should but I bet it's in the premier leagues criteria and that's why I mentioned it.