Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

The through ball with him running onto it was exciting to see. As we rarely find him

with that pass. Nor do I think it’s the sort of run he usually makes. 

We’re all used to him running from deep, or cutting in and skinning players for

fun. But he is fucking rapid and if we can start to create space for him and thread passes like Bruno did at the end. Then he is going to be even more of a threat. 

20 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

The through ball with him running onto it was exciting to see. As we rarely find him

with that pass. Nor do I think it’s the sort of run he usually makes. 

We’re all used to him running from deep, or cutting in and skinning players for

fun. But he is fucking rapid and if we can start to create space for him and thread passes like Bruno did at the end. Then he is going to be even more of a threat. 

I think the problem with that is that he would much rather skin the defender with the ball than make runs like that, bless him. :lol:

Looks like he's proper proper fit again. Has that extra yard of pace and spring in his step again that he hasn't had lately for whatever reason. Physically or mentally I don't know. Maybe a bit of both. I don't thinks its about him being sad about Bruce either really. 

You feel a shit giving him a hard time at the match for not picking that final pass or whatever, because he's fucking class and can create chances for himself out of literal nowt.

All I can say is it's a compliment maxi, you're held to a far higher level than most in this team. And hopefully one day the players around you can match you skill-wise and lessen the burden.

The injection of some quality new players seems to have had an effect on him - Tripper for example has just led by example and I feel the players around him have stepped up a level.  And not just ASM - Willock, Shelvey, Fraser all seem to have upped their game.

Thought he was frustrating as owt in the first half. That said, he still almost created a goal out of nothing. 

Second half though, good lord. He must be an absolute nightmare to play against when he's on it. How would you even begin to try stopping him? :lol:

4 minutes ago, duo said:

The injection of some quality new players seems to have had an effect on him - Tripper for example has just led by example and I feel the players around him have stepped up a level.  And not just ASM - Willock, Shelvey, Fraser all seem to have upped their game.

I'm not sure like, ASM seemed like normal, rugby league player, give me the ball and see how far I can get, especially in the first half when he had options to lay it off but didn't. Second half slightly better as he seemed to get the ball deeper and they were stretched more when chasing the game

1 minute ago, madras said:

I'm not sure like, ASM seemed like normal, rugby league player, give me the ball and see how far I can get, especially in the first half when he had options to lay it off but didn't. Second half slightly better as he seemed to get the ball deeper and they were stretched more when chasing the game

It's the first full match I've seen from him, I aways tought he was skinny but he's built like a rugby player too! 

3 minutes ago, NEEJ said:

Thought he was frustrating as owt in the first half. That said, he still almost created a goal out of nothing. 

Second half though, good lord. He must be an absolute nightmare to play against when he's on it. How would you even begin to try stopping him? :lol:

Imagine being in that everton defence tonight when Bruno slipped that balk through ffs [emoji38]

Everton defenders:

disappearing-rr11.gif

8 minutes ago, JNK said:

It's the first full match I've seen from him, I aways tought he was skinny but he's built like a rugby player too! 

He is quite skinny (I've stood next to him) but he shrinks on the pitch, he drops about 4inches when he gets the ball.