Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

:lol: ok

Perhaps Jones has just told him to look actively disinterested for the last few weeks, or perhaps Bruce was actually a better manager than we all gave him credit for :)

I've got a fucking team full of Matt Ritchies, I don't need any more

As shite as he was, he was played totally out of position, had zero service and was constantly surrounded, but he just doesn’t look like he gives a shit right now. He’s our only real footballer and needs to wise the fuck up or fuck off, it’s up to himself and Howe to fulfil that huge potential of his to be more than what he’s shown thus far since he joined us. If not, I don’t care really! Or about any of them. New era, new fucking team… please!

Saw some defensive effort today in the back end of the game. It's not natural for him but I saw it, which tells me he will try.

My worry like most is him clashing with Howes work ethic but as mentioned above, if it's attitude that's a problem then he has no future here with where we want to go. Fingers crossed, this could be the making of the man.

Hasn't been great since Bruce left, but it could just be a coincidental poor run of form. A player of his type will always look lazy if it isn't happening for him or if he's marked out of the game. 

Let's give him a chance under a proper manager before we turn on him. 

19 minutes ago, HTT II said:

As shite as he was, he was played totally out of position, had zero service and was constantly surrounded, but he just doesn’t look like he gives a shit right now. He’s our only real footballer and needs to wise the fuck up or fuck off, it’s up to himself and Howe to fulfil that huge potential of his to be more than what he’s shown thus far since he joined us. If not, I don’t care really! Or about any of them. New era, new fucking team… please!

He was played in the position he wants to play, least he can do is try to demonstrate why.

1 hour ago, ManDoon said:

Nah openC is right he’s not given a single fuck the last 3 games. If that’s his attitude he can leave and we can buy better 

Turning on our best player because he hasn't scored or assisted in three games is a very sensible thing to do. 

Assuming better players than him will be rushing to get through the door and sign for us is another very sensible footballing opinion. Well done lads. 

He needs to do a lot better, but he probably knows that himself. I don't know what's going on with him, he has aspirations of playing for his country and winning trophies for his club, the only thing that will stop him reaching the top is himself. I feel like you can tell quite early into a game what kind of 90 minutes it'll be for him, he hasn't been with it for a few games now. 

To be fair, Brighton played him well today. As soon as he received the ball he was closed down by multiple Brighton players and given no time to turn. 
He definitely hasn’t looked himself in the past couple of games, but today Brighton played him as well as any team has since he’s been here IMO

5 minutes ago, Bompeter said:

Turning on our best player because he hasn't scored or assisted in three games is a very sensible thing to do. 

Assuming better players than him will be rushing to get through the door and sign for us is another very sensible footballing opinion. Well done lads. 

I don't think we are turning on him, most fans love him to bits. 

He just hasn't played well the last 4 games, as a well paid footballer he deserved the criticism.

He'll bounce back real soon, I'm sure of it, his ability is not in doubt. 

42 minutes ago, Disco said:

Thought he was absolutely fine today. Didn’t see much of the ball but none of the forward lot did and he was pretty decent in his tracking.

Agreed, wasn't effective going forward but that's more down to how we played (or didn’t)

He grafted plenty in terms of defensive and when he did get the ball he was closely surrounded by 3-4 players