Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

3 minutes ago, madras said:

Hasn't been a bad apple ? Didn't he slag off his team mates saying he'd have as good stats as Mane if he had better team mates. Add that with not being an effective presser, just seemingly not wanting to do it.

I don’t think a star player suggesting he’d be able to produce better stats if surrounded by better team mates is indicative of being a bad apple, considering it’s so evidently true?

As for pressing, it’s quite clear that ASM was changing his approach to team play recently. Besides, we normally now play a CB at LB and we’re toothless going forward down that side, so playing ASM there makes a lot of sense anyway in terms of balance and keeping the opposition guessing?

3 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

I’m just saying I don’t know everything so I’m not gonna start saying things like “that’s a black Mark against howe” after what he’s achieved for us. As frustrating as the Leeds game was - in one year or so he’s taken a team that was below Leeds to such a level that they were terrified to do anything else but sit back and leave with a point.  I trust Howe and all of his decisions, warts and all.

But you were perfectly happy to black mark the player despite the same lack of info. That was my point.

Bit annoying that unprofessionalism is diverting the conversation to a negative when everything else is going so well.

Eddie Howe will back his squad and if ASM has been disrespectful to team mates through his frustrations, we can’t be having that in squad while we try and promote team spirit and harmony in the camp.

1 minute ago, RodneyCisse said:

Reckon he’s worth 30m at most?

I can only see a premier league team risking a big fee considering his recent fitness record. He might end up being sent on loan abroad.

Just now, Unbelievable said:

I don’t think a star player suggesting he’d be able to produce better stats if surrounded by better team mates is indicative of being a bad apple, considering it’s so evidently true?

As for pressing, it’s quite clear that ASM was changing his approach to team play recently. Besides, we normally now play a CB at LB and we’re toothless going forward down that side, so playing ASM there makes a lot of sense anyway in terms of balance and keeping the opposition guessing?

Coming out in the press with it is though and just comes over as petulant.

Re The press, he hasn't changed that much, Wood still done his work for him recently as Maxi just changed the ball when it got close, no press in his press if you get what I mean. What he has changed is a little desire to give earlier.

4 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

St Max hasn’t been frozen out he’s been eased back for weeks on the bench. The trouble is Wilson is irreplaceable whereas we have coped adequately without St Max. 

We coped adequately without Wilson back end of last season, but since Wilson >> Wood naturally we’ve brought Wilson back in as soon as he was back to fitness. Don’t see why the same wouldn’t apply here.

Where does he go in the premier though ? Not good enough for a top 6 club , next best option be someone like Brighton or Villa?  He Dosnt fit Brighton’s style of plays and can’t see Emery wanting him either , not got  many options. Be a lower end team and he will not want to do that.

Edited by Geogaddi

Just now, nemtizz said:

Unless he's done something completely irredeemable we don't have the luxury of selling him this window.

of course we do. We get a good fee and then reinvest it with someone who is a better fit.

2 minutes ago, James said:

Hopefully Everton have some money as I think they could go stupid here and as much as I want them to go down, ASM would keep them up the way they play.

Im not sure where he’d fit or who’s got enough money to take him off our hands.