Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

We've consistently had a problem this season with breaking down teams who come to St James's with a low block and play for a draw. Right now, he's the biggest asset we have to deal with those type of games and the further we go into this journey the more often we'll come up against those teams. We still need him and I do think he's got a big part to play this season and next (especially with European football).

Maybe he’s released a new version of Helios. Jokes aside, I would like him to have signed a new contract as he has huge talent. Even if he doesn’t have a long-term future here it benefits us to tie him down to a longer deal 

5 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

We've consistently had a problem this season with breaking down teams who come to St James's with a low block and play for a draw. Right now, he's the biggest asset we have to deal with those type of games and the further we go into this journey the more often we'll come up against those teams. We still need him and I do think he's got a big part to play this season and next (especially with European football).

Agree with this. Biggest question mark for me is whether he's content with this kind of role in the squad.

To be fair to ASM you can very much see he's trying to become the player Howe wants him to be. Really trying to play with his head up more, make the pass when it's the right move.

Would give me a lot of hope that he can learn the other things that we'll need from him to be someone who can play every game.

He's obviously got the athleticism to press effectively and he's a strong lad so there's no reason he can't become an effective presser if the mentality is right and there are signs that it might just be.

Will be very interesting to see if he starts the Fulham game if he comes through the next two games unscathed. I certainly hope he does.

13 minutes ago, SEMTEX said:

Agree with this. Biggest question mark for me is whether he's content with this kind of role in the squad.

Only he'd know that for sure but with so many fixtures coming up in the next couple of months he's going to be starting alot more games and when he does he just has to make it count. Howe likes to keep a settled team so if he gets back in a we keep winning then I imagine he stays in for as long as he is fit.

31 minutes ago, Shak said:

To be fair to ASM you can very much see he's trying to become the player Howe wants him to be. Really trying to play with his head up more, make the pass when it's the right move.

Would give me a lot of hope that he can learn the other things that we'll need from him to be someone who can play every game.

He's obviously got the athleticism to press effectively and he's a strong lad so there's no reason he can't become an effective presser if the mentality is right and there are signs that it might just be.

Will be very interesting to see if he starts the Fulham game if he comes through the next two games unscathed. I certainly hope he does.

Good points and I thinks that’s something else people are missing when trying to write him off. His game is visibly changing. If Howe can get it to click with him he’ll be unstoppable. 

I think with a lot of winnable games against teams that are likely to sit back he’ll likely see more game time. 

37 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Good points and I thinks that’s something else people are missing when trying to write him off. His game is visibly changing. If Howe can get it to click with him he’ll be unstoppable. 

I think with a lot of winnable games against teams that are likely to sit back he’ll likely see more game time. 

I don’t write him off. He’s been unfortunate with injuries this season and he needs a run of games to show what he can do. If he doesn’t take the opportunity he needs a clip round the ear because he should be a Titan. I still suspect he’s going to end up as the new Ketsbaia though. 

Top player, I'll always back him.

Before pre season nobody would have given a toss if Miggy was sold, now he's the bees knees, things change opinions change, Maxi will never become a bad player over night. In fairness especially on this forum, (because he's still loved on Twitter,) he's like the go to player to put down here, theres far worse players get a free ride, like I've said before over expectations, because so many know he's class, they crave superstar performance out of him everytime he plays, nobody is giving us constant 9 out of 10s but a good portion are giving strong 8s regular, I say he needs to be tried on the right still, pair up with a reliable player like Trippier, and Miggy is a left footer anyway, let's see how Miggy would fair on the left, it's probably the tougher position to play.

1 hour ago, The Butcher said:

Regardless of the game or situation we're in - I would never ever put Murphy on before ASM.

Agree 100%.

I really have problems seeing what Murphy brings to the team. So light weight, bad decision making and lose the ball way to easy.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

If they have had a bust up he won’t make the bench tonight.

That may have been why they have fallen out mate , like I say it could be shite but the kid text me out of the blue