Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

3 hours ago, Ash2579 said:

I love him, and he made supporting NUFC bearable a few years ago, almost single handedly, but I agree this is vague ‘love me’ rubbish.

at least wait until something definitive happens!

:lol: I mean that's legit the only reason to have an IG.

Milan linked with him and Pulisic back in January. Wonder if they’ll make another go round for him. Seems less likely now Leao has signed a new deal.

Edited by Nucasol

Guest reefatoon
10 hours ago, Sufi said:

Great point. I also think he would do better with a more balanced LB behind him. Having Dan Burn (who i love btw) behind him definitely put a bigger emphasis on him tracking back and covering for a 6'7 LB who is basically a CB. It would be a shame if he leaves. I genuinely think he would be incredible next season in the CL. Also for the money, which im guessing would be 30-40m..i doubt we could replace him with someone who offers what he does. Maybe Moussa Diaby is the only one we could get for that price but its literally a like for like. I'd prefer to keep ASM. 

[emoji38] love it when Dan Burn is the blame for ASM’s lack of form this season. It’s so lazy.

You do realise he had either Dummet, Manquillo or Matt Ritchie playing behind him most of his time here [emoji38]

ASM’s form is not Dan Burns fault.

Edited by reefatoon

8 hours ago, Sufi said:

Thats true but even his story looks like a goodbye. "Thanks lord" 

Idk but I would be sad to see him go. If he has a good summer and is fit next season he could have the best season of his career, especially in the CL.

Whats a price that you guys would be happy with? 50m?

Any price that gets Maddison. If he goes out, Maddison comes in and we still have our full kitty then I’d be happy to be honest.

image.png.2c8660e59e96419b90158424c3121652.png

The way I read into this post is Maxi simply explaining what he gave and felt up to this point and as it stands it does not look to me like he's saying farewell.

image.png.84ee615dbf1e37635fc7d2ca516f75b5.png

This part is him simply pouring out his good bad and the ugly of the season for him and amid it all managing to come out of it seeing an end product to his and the squads endeavour this season.

image.png.9d8e99a122f94987b0f11af2bcae101b.png

This alone tells me he's starting a new chapter for the club as in his dream of going places and the fans who stuck by him through the good bad and ugly times for him, to this point in time.

He is saying he will give everything to achieve his dreams and these are his dreams starting to basically come to fruition as of now, amid the turmoil of his years before when the team/club and fans were struggling for some real end product.

The last part is more of a note to Eddie Howe and co, through the post to the fans to more or less say I'm ready and available to give my all and to help the club achieve better, so please Eddie keep me in your plans and lets see where we can go with the club and to satisfy my dreams.

In with that is a sort of little hint that, if Howe deems him to be surplus then he has no control over that but if Howe deems him to be a bit part player then he will continue to do his best when played but in the knowledge that his future could lie elsewhere if Eddie Howe doesn't play him enough.

That's what I'm taking from it and it doesn't seem like a farewell to me, more of a please help me achieve my dreams Eddie, for this great club and great fans and great city, first and foremost.

I think Maxi like Gordon will up their own ante this summer and become an integral part of our league, cup and champions league exploits.

That's my belief and I hope I'm right in that thinking because I love Maxi and I would love him to stay and be a legend for us.

36 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Any price that gets Maddison. If he goes out, Maddison comes in and we still have our full kitty then I’d be happy to be honest.

My concern with him going would be if we then don’t bring in another LW. Obviously no indication either way if that’s the plan, but we already lack any real quality out wide and Maxi going would make us even weaker 

That does sound like a farewell to me. 

There's a lot of 'me, me, me' in there. Maybe I'm being a bit English, but all this public outpouring of the heart jars a bit. And frankly doesn't convince.

24 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

My concern with him going would be if we then don’t bring in another LW. Obviously no indication either way if that’s the plan, but we already lack any real quality out wide and Maxi going would make us even weaker 

I doubt he’s Going to be honest but if he does then Eddie has a plan so we just need to believe.

7 minutes ago, Cronky said:

That does sound like a farewell to me. 

There's a lot of 'me, me, me' in there. Maybe I'm being a bit English, but all this public outpouring of the heart jars a bit. And frankly doesn't convince.

None of us know what it’s for or what he’s been through so let’s not convict without knowing anything.

He’s gone from being our talisman to being on the periphery in a year. Must be tough; I’m sure he’s just fishing for a bit of love and providing an apology of sorts for a disappointing season (in terms of his own performances/ fitness).

Edited by McCormick

9 hours ago, andycap said:

So wait there what winger in our team can do what he does? Miggy scored a load but it was obviously a purple patch. The other alternatives are Murphy who can do a job and an undercooked gordon. The wingers we've been after are quoted as been 80 mil. I'd rather keep maxi

You're talking about us as we are now. 

I'd be disappointed if we got to September and Maxi was still our best winger. I think we'll sell for £30m ish and upgrade by getting a better right-winger for £40-50m ish. 

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I think he will go and Gordon is the one ear marked for his position. 

Gordon is nowhere near and I suspect never will be as talented or effective as ASM.

He's still our best winger and we should be looking for upwards of 40m for him. 

I think he might be off. Injuries have really held him back this year but I really don't want him to go. If we're planning to replace him with Anthony Gordon, were in for a ride awakening. 

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

You're talking about us as we are now. 

I'd be disappointed if we got to September and Maxi was still our best winger. I think we'll sell for £30m ish and upgrade by getting a better right-winger for £40-50m ish. 

Agreed, I don’t bit into the whole ASM thing - sure he has good moments but if we get that kind of money for him then I personally think we’re could replace with better.

Just now, Doctor Zaius said:

Gordon is nowhere near and I suspect never will be as talented or effective as ASM.

He's still our best winger and we should be looking for upwards of 40m for him. 

I think he might be off. Injuries have really held him back this year but I really don't want him to go. If we're planning to replace him with Anthony Gordon, were in for a ride awakening. 

I hear you, my assumption is based upon Howes preference to play with inverted wingers and Gordon fitting in more with what I view as Howes desirable traits in a player. 

7 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Just because Gordon isn't as talented, it doesn't mean that he can't be more effective.

I think this goes over a lot of peoples heads, fitting within a system and style dictates how effective a player can potentially be far more than raw talent. 

Edited by Nine