Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

24 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Social media is pure wank. 

Thats true but even his story looks like a goodbye. "Thanks lord" 

Idk but I would be sad to see him go. If he has a good summer and is fit next season he could have the best season of his career, especially in the CL.

Whats a price that you guys would be happy with? 50m?

Some great moments from him with us, will be missed if this is him being sold.

If we get £25m - £30m it would be some good business though. His g/a returns just aren't good enough for anything more.

A lot of things can be true simultaneously. ASM’s a brilliantly gifted playmaker, likely only matched in natural ability by Isak. He’s also not exactly what Howe is looking for from our wide forwards, though Howe recognizes and respects his ability and ASM has been working hard on the other parts of his game. I’d prefer that we keep him, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him moved on for the right price.

Edited by Deuce

10 minutes ago, Decky said:

Have to disagree here. He's clearly a very talented footballer and one of the most dangerous attackers we have. We'd never adequately replace him with £30 million so if we have to sell him we should at least cover ourselves first. £30m doesn't get you a whole lot these days. 

If talent moved linearly with transfer fees then Ben Arfa would have cost us £30m back then. 

Maxi is talented, but he’s also been on a fitness downturn for a while and a move to Serie A makes a lot of sense here as it would be a lot easier on his body for a start. His attributes/style of play also do not fit into to many top sides and I can see why he might not be desirable for a lot of good coaches, this won’t drive up his price. We can agree to disagree here but for me anything over £30m is fair business for both parties.

All that being said he might not even be leaving. I do hope he is mind, I’ve said for a while he no longer is a fit here since Howe came in and changed our style so drastically. He’s not cut out for our identity on the pitch now. 

Edited by Nine

Madness if we get rid of him. We need more bodies not less and he has that ability to unlock defenses that we are looking for. They need to work on his fitness for sure but if Gordon is worth 40 Maxi is easily a 50m player

Edited by OverThere

People need to go back and watch Man City at home from this season, the lad has absolutely loads of talent. At 26 years old he is more than capable of improving his goals and assists numbers. He is worth holding onto for another season to see if he can hit form again for us. We'll probably still get £20m for him next year even with a year on his contract. 

28 and 2 years left - it's stick or twist. He's still valuable but he's still contributing, it's not an obvious decision either way and only time will tell if they've got it right regardless of what the club decides to do.

I think he'll go and I think the club will ultimately be proved correct. I fucking hope so anyway. The club comes first. 

Will be sad to see him go but have felt it's a matter of time for a while now. He's just a terrible fit for what Howe wants. If he does stay this summer, he'll be gone next.

Feel really bad for the guy tbh, he's clearly tried really hard this year to change his game to fit our style but I just don't think it's meant to be.

If we could move him on and get Maddison in without much of a net loss then I think it's a very good upgrade.

I think the only way we get anything close to £50m for him is if we sell to a team that *really* wants him and to whom £50m isn’t any different than £30m. So, PSG. :lol: 

I think Ashworth would consider anything above £30m given his age, injury record, and the fact that he’s not exactly what Howe is looking for from the position.

Edited by Deuce

So wait there what winger in our team can do what he does? Miggy scored a load but it was obviously a purple patch. The other alternatives are Murphy who can do a job and an undercooked gordon. The wingers we've been after are quoted as been 80 mil. I'd rather keep maxi

9 minutes ago, Decky said:

People need to go back and watch Man City at home from this season, the lad has absolutely loads of talent. At 26 years old he is more than capable of improving his goals and assists numbers. He is worth holding onto for another season to see if he can hit form again for us. We'll probably still get £20m for him next year even with a year on his contract. 

But what other games (when fit) did he replicate that performance? That's my issue, he can turn it on when he wants to, he just didn't do it regularly enough for me.

I'm not particularly worried about his inconsistency I think he showed enough back end of the season how good he can be.

The injuries are the main problem for me, and that will be why we'll only get 30 odd million.

3 minutes ago, Magpie said:

But what other games (when fit) did he replicate that performance? That's my issue, he can turn it on when he wants to, he just didn't do it regularly enough for me.

He's definitely had a bad season but I still think he's had more good performances than bad when he's played. Why not give him another year and see if he can kick on, I mean he's only 26 like. How many people would have happily seen the likes of Almiron and Murphy sold last summer and look at the season they've had. We're going to have a lot more games next season and we need a squad so we may as well keep him and see what kind of season he can have. Honestly, I'd probably still start him over every other winger we have at the club right now. 

There is a good chance that Joelinton will

be first choice on the left next season, Gordon back up and Anderson in the mix as well so we might not even replace him.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the money allowed us to sign youngsters to be loaned out to get that ball rolling, presuming we have the finances to sign the 3 or 4 players for the first team.

41 minutes ago, Magpie said:

He's been injured most of the season, but when he did play a lot of his 'per 90' stats, most notably assists, are up there with the best in the league, so in short he did it a lot. His Man City performance was a 10, but how often do you get 10/10 performances in a season?

I only gave them out 20 times across 38 games last season and 14 of them went to 5 players. The most anyone got was 4, Pope and Wilson. Trippier, Miggy, and Joelinton got 2 each and all of the others got one across the season, which includes ASM, Isak, Bruno, Schar, Burn, Longstaff. Expecting that level of performance consistently is just unrealistic imo, particularly for a player who only had 12 starts due to his injury problems this season.

He had some dud performances, but he also had some very good ones: Forest, Man City, Southampton x2, Fulham, Man United x2, West Ham, Chelsea were all very good games or cameos.

Edited by Kid Icarus

5 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

There is a good chance that Joelinton will

be first choice on the left next season, Gordon back up and Anderson in the mix as well so we might not even replace him.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the money allowed us to sign youngsters to be loaned out to get that ball rolling, presuming we have the finances to sign the 3 or 4 players for the first team.

That would be incredibly disappointing.

Have people even read the message? He says: “This year has been one of the most difficult (year) emotionally. You are not able to know that as I keep personal things to myself, but I have lost some really important people”. Clearly there has been stuff going on in his personal life that has affected his availability and/or performance level.

This is not a goodbye message, it’s a request for positive support and a pledge to come back fighting next year. I for one hope he clears his head this summer break and has a good preseason to re-build his fitness levels. Can’t wait to see him shine in the CL for us next season. Go Maxi :indi:

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Did people just choose to ignore "over" in that Tweet like?

That could mean £31m or £39m, or it could mean that no one has a fucking clue.