Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Nothing in that message jumped up and said goodbye.

The bloke loves being the centre of attention. We all know that.

He is way down the pecking order of importance and it hurts him knowing that.

I would be dribbling from the helmet if he fucking tracked back, laid a pass earlier and didn’t look like he had been sniped by an away supporter in the first few yr at the club.

pulling your socks up now isn’t going to cut it with me.

He has no excuses. Certainly the lowest fitness level of any other squad player. 

He lacks hunger and desire.

Something the team is full of right now.

with me or against me. That’s my 2p worth

6 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

He better not leave. He's the only one helping to get through tough defences, the rest can get very predictable. And would never in a million years pick Anthony Gordon over him.

3 assists in the last 9 months suggests otherwise.

3 minutes ago, LV said:

Just looks like a ‘haters gonna hate’ kind of post to me.

And a kind of reminder that he’s still here and what he’s done for us in the past. 

Dunno, it’s really vague. 

DM me hun. Too many snakes on here.

He does create chances, there's a section of our fans that don't like him, personally I find that odd but each to their own.

It's one thing to not like him but to suggest he doesn't offer much is just absolute bollocks. 

For me, the only valid concern is his fitness, he's played 1119 minutes this season, that simply isn't good enough. 

He was the bright spark (along with Wilson) during the turgid Ashley/Bruce tenure and I'll forever love him for that. 

20230605_112108.jpg

Still one of my favourites. When he gets the ball you know he's heading straight for that goal, so what if he loses it a few times, when it comes off he's a fucking magician like Ben Arfa. 

You know how deadly he is because just about every manager in the league doubles up on marking him. 

Fantastic player and would be incredible to see him playing in the Champions League for us. 

17 minutes ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

Nothing in that message jumped up and said goodbye.

The bloke loves being the centre of attention. We all know that.

He is way down the pecking order of importance and it hurts him knowing that.

I would be dribbling from the helmet if he fucking tracked back, laid a pass earlier and didn’t look like he had been sniped by an away supporter in the first few yr at the club.

pulling your socks up now isn’t going to cut it with me.

He has no excuses. Certainly the lowest fitness level of any other squad player. 

He lacks hunger and desire.

Something the team is full of right now.

with me or against me. That’s my 2p worth

What a lot of bollocks 

he’s actually looked a completely different player this season. I’ve been so frustrated at him playing the earlier pass rather than doing his thing and he’s absolutely been tracing back. He’s showed plenty of hunger and desire when he’s played. What have you been watching? 

Edited by gdm

1 minute ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

I think he just needs to be allowed to shoot every now and then... Looking to find a pass every time has killed his game a bit.

Exactly. There’s absolutely no denying he’s tried to change but it’s been to the detriment of him as a player. He’d make a simple pass when normally he’d beat about 3 men. 

13 minutes ago, gdm said:

What a lot of bollocks 

he’s actually looked a completely different player this season. I’ve been so frustrated at him playing the earlier pass rather than doing his thing and he’s absolutely been tracing back. He’s showed plenty of hunger and desire when he’s played. What have you been watching? 

I assume you didn’t read the part where I said in his first few year here.

Because he blatantly didn’t bother his arse to track back. He also tackled hardly ever.

Im not going to blow smoke up the blokes arse. He’s a lazy kunt

I edit to add that I never mentioned this season. Yes he has changed under Howe. But he has had no choice but change. 

I stand by the fact he is double bone idle and skin wouldn’t graft to the bloke when he first got here.

Edited by Infatuation Junkie

Crunch time in his career tbh. 2 years left so it's the summer for either a shiny new contract or move him on before he's worth nothing. 

Tough decision but personally I'd move him on for any decent money (£25m+) this summer. Love watching him play, he's entertaining and his attitude is great but his fitness record is patchy at best and doesn't seem a natural fit for the style Howe wants to play. His best role would be off the bench but that would put him in the 'expensive luxury' category and I don't we can afford that. 

What we absolutely can't afford to do with him this summer is nothing, it's one or the other. Letting him see out his contract and leave for nothing is the worst option. We do need to sell eventually to balance the books, we can't just carry on bringing players in without losing a few too. Tough decisions to make though 

4 minutes ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

Because he blatantly didn’t bother his arse to track back. He also tackled hardly ever.

I edit to add that I never mentioned this season. Yes he has changed under Howe. But he has had no choice but change. 

I stand by the fact he is double bone idle and skin wouldn’t graft to the bloke when he first got here.

What a terrible take. :lol: 

16 minutes ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

His first few years involved him almost single handedly (yeah, yeah, I know, team game and all that) keeping us up and also being the only thing that was remotely exciting 

I swear, some people just hate excitement in football 

I don't understand it, never have and never will but such people have always existed, on the receiving end we've had Ginola, Robert, Ben Arfa and now ASM joins that list 

Doesn't read like a goodbye to me. More of a reflection on the past year and a statement of intent for the next. I dont see us selling him, personally. We've got enough positions to fill this summer without having to replace Maxi. I hope we dont, too. He's got a huge part to play next year and we need him fit and hungry, he'll be fighting for that position with Gordon and Joelinton. There's no reason he cant start more games than anyone else in that position if he's getting it right and is fit. And the fact that his direct competition for that position can all start or fill in in other positions if form or injury dictate. 

We need to keep him, we need a squad for next year with Europe and it'd be foolish to lose someone of ASM's talent. It would also kill me if we sold him to another PL team and he tore it up with them. 

15 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

He’ll do very well in them I imagine. It’s a totally different style to the PL. 

Great point. I also think he would do better with a more balanced LB behind him. Having Dan Burn (who i love btw) behind him definitely put a bigger emphasis on him tracking back and covering for a 6'7 LB who is basically a CB. It would be a shame if he leaves. I genuinely think he would be incredible next season in the CL. Also for the money, which im guessing would be 30-40m..i doubt we could replace him with someone who offers what he does. Maybe Moussa Diaby is the only one we could get for that price but its literally a like for like. I'd prefer to keep ASM.