Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Would be interesting to see how much we've 'forced' this transfer. Seen a few people claim it's a shame he's off to a dead league and thrown his career away for money etc but I get the impression it's more we've 'encouraged' him to leave. Could be totally wrong like of course. 

I'm gutted about this, football is about joy and excitement for me, even in this world of results and winning at all costs nothing quite gets you like watching players like Maxi (Take the Isak run against Everton, he rightly gets the plaudits and attention even though the end result was delivered by Murphy)

I do like Barnes, think he's a good player but he's boring in comparison 

If the fee was a decent amount it would soften the blow slightly but the reports of around £20m is a joke really, would just hurt more

Ultimately, I know there is a large section of the fanbase that don't like him but there are many that didn't like HBA and quite frankly they are utter morons and must hate football

Maxi was a shining light (along with Wilson) among some utter turgid football under Bruce and I'll forever appreciate him for that 

Just now, Wolfcastle said:

If our most sellable asset only fetches that, the future is pragmatically going to mean trading out a purple to bring another purple in and not a whole lot of building.

I don’t think so, our income in general will increase by a lot. 

1 minute ago, Wolfcastle said:

If our most sellable asset only fetches that, the future is pragmatically going to mean trading out a purple to bring another purple in and not a whole lot of building.

Has to be a purple that has been here for a decent time to get help with FFP. I would still try to move on from Almiron and it would mostly be a business decision, possibly the last window for a decent fee.

FFP is a joke and needs reworked. We finished 4th last season and we’re completely handicapped by this bullshit when we’re trying to rightly improve our squad to compete in this new highly competitive competition and also try and match what we did in the league last year. How is that right? 

What is the point in investing in a club when you just get the financial cuffs put on when you start hitting your goals? It’s a complete joke that we’re having to sell this man when we spent absolutely fuck all for years and years prior to the takeover. I’m not saying take the rules out completely but how are we in this position after qualifying for the Champions League ffs?

Can only dream he tears it up over there and our owners engineer a move for him to come back but doubt it. All the best Maxi. :( 

2 minutes ago, Pata said:

Has to be a purple that has been here for a decent time to get help with FFP. I would still try to move on from Almiron and it would mostly be a business decision, possibly the last window for a decent fee.

Almiron and ASM sold in the same window is truly :suicide: territory. That would break my heart entirely. 

Edited by cubaricho

Forget about his market value, we’re having to sell him to buy other players and get round FFP, and we’re selling him to a Saudi club as well. :lol: Add £20m onto his market value I mean who gives a shit? Easy way for the Saudis to move money into this project. 

I haven't got the same attachment to him as many on here, as someone else pointed out earlier not caring about the club under Ashley meant I missed most of his best performances here. I still got a pang of sadness reading the thread title though, and £30 million seems a bit on the low side. Still, it's needed to help the club progress I guess so I can live with that.