Emil Krafth

Nobody

He's like the right footed version of Dummett, except slightly worse at everything. Wtf Bruce was thinking when we brought him in as a summer signing I have no idea. Probably, I've got a tenner, who can I buy?

The two games where he has played right back.  He has looked pretty useful and confident going forward.  But then ropey at times defensively.  I never thought it would be that way around. 

I always thought he looked like a fairly limited and not particularly good defender.

I'm guessing it is going to be Krafth for the foreseeable whilst Trippier and Manquillo are out.  Not that he has been very good at wing back, never mind right back.  But I think Murphy may play the odd game, as well.    

Edited by Lush Vlad

2 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

The two games where he has played right back.  He has looked pretty useful and confident going forward.  But then ropey at times defensively.  I never thought it would be that way around. 

I always thought he looked like a fairly limited and not particularly good defender.

I'm guessing it is going to be Krafth for the foreseeable whilst Trippier and Manquillo are out.  Not that he has been very good at wing back, never mind right back.  But I think Murphy may play the odd game, as well.    

Krafth isn't good enough at this level, but at least he's an actual defender. I hope we don't make the mistake of trying to play Murphy there again, he'll get done at some point and it will cost us.

Guest reefatoon

Krafth's positioning and back peddling is a massive worry. Added pressure on our defence straight off the bat. Hope Manquillo isn't out for long.

Krafth has improved but I also wouldn't feel comfortable with him for the rest of the season. Unless we're going to start scoring more goals, our M.O is to grind out 1-0 wins like we have been doing.

Edited by Skeletor

He'll be fine man. Yes he's not a great player but he's hardly going to be our absolute downfall [emoji38]

Targett on the left with Dummett backup and Emil on the right until Manq is fit will be fine. Burn will also be a big plus in the center.

A run of games also helps any player gain confidence, so let's support him.

Let's be honest, he'll likely be gone at the end of the season anyway so this will be a last hurrah

I think I’d rather take a chance on an academy player than Krafth. It’s not a matter of opinion - he literally is not PL quality and that won’t change between now and the end of the season. One-on-one he’s disastrous, he’s slow as fuck so he can’t recover from his positional wankness and he gives us nothing going forward. He will likely cost us goals from that side. 
His inclusion in the team becomes an instant focus for an opposition manager - run at Krafth, he’s shit. Pull Krafth out of position and run in behind him because he can’t recover etc.

I can’t see how Murphy would be any worse defensively and at least he would give us something from an attacking POV.

39 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Did people watch a different match to me or something? He was absolutely fine

Every little mistake the guy makes is grossly overblown because of the Bruce connection. It's ridiculous.

Also thought he did well after having to come on under very difficult circumstances, and must have been under a ton of pressure, and did well to help us seal the deal yesterday.

I know of some players who are made of biscuits, but reading the comments these past two pages, this is the first time I’ve seen someone made of Marmite [emoji38]

Let Eddie sort it out, the loss of Trippier hurts not solely because Krafth will come in. It’s the loss of his experience, leadership and all-round confidence that would be felt the most. I cannot imagine who else would contribute that on the pitch for us.

On 14/02/2022 at 15:41, toon25 said:

This guy is absolutely shit, and bar a very close VAR call, he'd have cost us 2 vital points yesterday.

There's no sugar coating it - with him in the side, he'll cost us goals.

Case in point today.

He's worse than a weak link.