Oxford United 2-3 Newcastle United - FA Cup 5th round @ WBA beckons

BlueStar

3 at the back is done, like. We're far too deep with it and have no one available to pass it to as a result.

It's well worth trying some other formations, absolutely.

You'd have thought he'd have the guts to at least try a more attacking setup at home against a League 1 side, but of course not.

Bruce is horrible man. It's really quite incredible.

Got home from work and turned on the game late.  I thought Eric Idle was one of the commentators.  Kept waiting for him to break out in a "Brave, brave Sir Brewcie" ditty

A pedant writes. Neil Innes sang the "Brave Sir Robin" song.

Were the' boo the team not the regime' gaggle booing or going boooruce, booooruce?!

Haven't scored a goal in the FA Cup 4th round since 2010. Impressive

Even knowing what a c**t Ashley was from early doors, 10years ago I couldn't have forseen a stat as pathetic as that.

13years, 13years of this. FFS. :tickedoff:

That's a bit insane. I actually went back and worked it out - there are 73 different teams who have scored in the 4th round since then. If Tranmere score later today that makes 74. Including such luminaries as Crawley, Aldershot, Newport, Barnet, Stevenage (naturally), Sutton etc etc. Some of those on more than one occasion too. It's an almost unbelievable stat.

And of course, the last time you scored was in a 2-4 loss to West Brom. The year before that you lost in the third round to Hull...without scoring a goal in two matches. The year before that you lost 3-0 to Arsenal in the 4th. The year before that you lost in the third round.

Since January 2006, when you beat Cheltenham Town, you have scored precisely two 4th Round FA Cup goals...both in that defeat at West Brom. That's completely insane.

If I'm right, the next highest team in the league right now who have not scored in the 4th round for the same amount of time is Ipswich in League One. Actually, Ipswich scored in 2010 too, so that might make 74 as both your last goal and theirs came at 90+1 mins. And now I look at it, Scunthorpe scored the next day, so that might be 75.

God I'm bored.

That's a bit insane. I actually went back and worked it out - there are 73 different teams who have scored in the 4th round since then. If Tranmere score later today that makes 74. Including such luminaries as Crawley, Aldershot, Newport, Barnet, Stevenage (naturally), Sutton etc etc. Some of those on more than one occasion too. It's an almost unbelievable stat.

And of course, the last time you scored was in a 2-4 loss to West Brom. The year before that you lost in the third round to Hull...without scoring a goal in two matches. The year before that you lost 3-0 to Arsenal in the 4th. The year before that you lost in the third round.

Since January 2006, when you beat Cheltenham Town, you have scored precisely two 4th Round FA Cup goals...both in that defeat at West Brom. That's completely insane.

If I'm right, the next highest team in the league right now who have not scored in the 4th round for the same amount of time is Ipswich in League One. Actually, Ipswich scored in 2010 too, so that might make 74 as both your last goal and theirs came at 90+1 mins. And now I look at it, Scunthorpe scored the next day, so that might be 75.

God I'm bored.

:lol: