Coronavirus in football

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

They should do absolutely everything humanly possible to avoid ditching the seasons with no winners, relegations etc. After a few weeks of isolations, matches would be behind closed doors but that's ok (ish).

Guest godzilla

They should do absolutely everything humanly possible to avoid ditching the seasons with no winners, relegations etc. After a few weeks of isolations, matches would be behind closed doors but that's ok (ish).

I agree but if they can’t then imho I think all spots should be decided by their current position. The third place takes the promotion spot. Just don’t think it’s right to ditch a season when 3/4 has been played. There’s going to be courts involved either way no matter what the decision pending not being able to finish the season. Hopefully not come to this but it’s not looking good.

I agree but if they can’t then imho I think all spots should be decided by their current position. The third place takes the promotion spot. Just don’t think it’s right to ditch a season when 3/4 has been played. There’s going to be courts involved either way no matter what the decision pending not being able to finish the season. Hopefully not come to this but it’s not looking good.

Problem with using current positions is that some teams have played their harder fixtures and have an easier run ahead which they've been denied, while their rivals avoid playing the big guns through the run-in.

Guest godzilla

Problem with using current positions is that some teams have played their harder fixtures and have an easier run ahead which they've been denied, while their rivals avoid playing the big guns through the run-in.

Unfortunately that’s the way it goes in my opinion anyway. Just think saying a dead season is the wrong way to go. Hopefully it will come to neither anyway.

Finish this season whenever we can and skip the rest of next year?

for me yes

as they love money so much depending when things break make next season a short knockout cup comp or something so people don't have to go shopping with their wives

Declare the season as is, then have closed door playoffs (end of May time) for the promotion spots. So:

Norwich Vs Leeds

Villa Vs WBA

Bournemouth Vs Fulham

and work the way down the leagues.

All cup competitions abandoned

If broadcasters hadn't already paid £10million a go for an agreed amount of games, that might be an option...

is force majeure not a thing in football like?

Hopefully it is.

I suppose its unrealistic to think there isn't going to be a loss of plenty of games. Do quite fancy the idea of some kind of play-off. Would be pretty exciting but Christ knows how it would work. I'm sure the football academics will come up with something.

Declare the season as is, then have closed door playoffs (end of May time) for the promotion spots. So:

Norwich Vs Leeds

Villa Vs WBA

Bournemouth Vs Fulham

same problem in the champo though, what about teams 4th down who still have a chance of playoff promotion?  if you're going down that road there's no need for the playoff

Norwich Vs Leeds

Villa Vs WBA

Bournemouth Vs Fulham

same problem in the champo though, what about teams 4th down who still have a chance of playoff promotion?  if you're going down that road there's no need for the playoff

You could give the other teams in the playoffs a points head start next season 4th:3., 5th:2, 6th:1.

I'm thinking very hard of fair ways to screw Sunderland as much as i can.  :lol:

Norwich Vs Leeds

Villa Vs WBA

Bournemouth Vs Fulham

Would probably make more sense to have the two teams in the automatic promotion positions come up and nobody gets relegated meaning the league is extended by 2 teams next season.

Dedicated sports channels like Sky and BT are fucked like. Normally I'd whack Sports Saturday on in the background, now they are reduced to talking about Coronavirus. Must be a few presenters going on gardening leave in the next few weeks.

Norwich Vs Leeds

Villa Vs WBA

Bournemouth Vs Fulham

Would probably make more sense to have the two teams in the automatic promotion positions come up and nobody gets relegated meaning the league is extended by 2 teams next season.

What about Villa who have a game in hand?