Coronavirus in football

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

400 people is absolutely nowhere near 0.00001 of the population

I don’t understand how there are only 400 odd confirmed cases in UK but loads of famous people seem to have it

Must be testing all the footballers

Reckon if they tested everyone in another workplace then would find out loads of people would have it

I'd imagine Arteta hasn't been NHS tested, the club will be conducting their own/paying a private hospital

Private clinics aren’t allowed to do their own testing. I don’t think they would have the equipment yet in anyway

Surely they will just take the league as is? Maybe have the four teams that have only played 28 play once more. It's as fair as anything else.

Thing is for every 1 person diagnosed there are probably at least 3/4 that arent. That is a ridiculously conservative number too. How many people have had it and thought it was a cold and journeyed on spreading it.

For us in Canada it's barely spread but does the government sit tight and end up being reactive like everyone else or go proactive even if its extreme in the short term. The economy is screwed either way and worse if it drags on 6months to a year.

It will be postponed for a month or two.

Euro 2020 will be pushed back a year, internationals will be cancelled.

Most teams only have about 8 games left. A month or two postponement shouldn’t take it past June. Ok next season may need to start later or have a few more midweek fixtures. This though would be the best option in terms of fairness, and practicality.

No reason to void the season, that'd be an awful decision.

Just give everyone a month off, then pack the final 10 games into 6-7 weeks. End in early-mid June, which is fine without any Euros.

No offense. But I urge you to actually read about this virus to get an understanding of the reality the world is facing right now. Things aren’t returning to normal in early June. Many, many things need to happen (mass quarantine, testing and clearing of public spaces) at the government level for things to resume by June. UK & US seem bent on not learning from other countries.

The real solution is to pause season, postpone Euros to 2021 and cancel 20/21 season across the board.

Forbid new player registrations until 2021 so that teams don’t change.

Try to finish season this year if possible then run some weird once in a lifetime competitions for the first half of 2021.

Scousers reactions are gonna be funny

A lot of older fans will see this as karma for Heysel, where all British clubs were banned from Europe because of the behaviour of Liverpool fans.

I imagine Everton fans will see this as justice finally being served.

Voiding results or going with pre-existing positions is fundamentally unfair. Competitions should be allowed to resume once it is safe again to do so.

For that reason I don’t get why it seems the most stupid idea to instead cancel next season, when no games have been played so no results matter.

That way results count and you will still be able to devise a format that gives every team 30 games minimum for the 2020/21 season

Scousers reactions are gonna be funny

A lot of older fans will see this as karma for Heysel, where all British clubs were banned from Europe because of the behaviour of Liverpool fans.

I imagine Everton fans will see this as justice finally being served.

Don't see how Heysel is relevant mind.

I agree (edit: w/ James). What exactly is the argument AGAINST freezing the table as is and picking up at some point in the future?

(Other than sticking it to the scousers)

And Leeds :lol: