Coronavirus in football

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

It’s actually 3 weeks.

Anyway it’s a good start. We could easily go 1-2 months with the season being postponed so long as Euro 2020 is cancelled/put back a year.

It will put us in a good position to see where the situation as a whole leaves us.

Even when it comes back I can see some games being played behind closed door, at least initially.

As if it’s gonna be any better in 2 weeks

what else can they do, its better to wait the few weeks and see where things stand then than just cancel it now. Theres no guidebook telling everyone the right answer here everyone is flying by the seat of their pants and hoping for the best

i'll bet we're one of the two teams begging to cancel the season now :lol:

big mike will see some savings there on bonuses and shit, who knows maybe he could even stop paying them force majeure

steve bacon will get a 13th place finish on his record, job done

As if it’s gonna be any better in 2 weeks

what else can they do, its better to wait the few weeks and see where things stand then than just cancel it now. Theres no guidebook telling everyone the right answer here everyone is flying by the seat of their pants and hoping for the best

I agree, I said that would likely happen earlier. I thought they’d have postponed it till at least May to honest

Apparently the clauses in the contract with the TV money are so crazy that they'll not want to cancel the season so think we just forget that happening. That's probably been mentioned more than once in here though.

@Colo's Short and Curlies

I see your points but surely it would be more beneficial to do absolutely no sporting events until the new season.. assuming it has passed.

I haven’t seen a solution where there aren’t clubs that will feel aggrieved.

@Colo's Short and Curlies

I see your points but surely it would be more beneficial to do absolutely no sporting events until the new season.. assuming it has passed.

I haven’t seen a solution where there aren’t clubs that will feel aggrieved.

It's not being aggrieved that's an issue - of course they will be winners and losers in any scenario. It's more a legal position (of course I don't know what the actual terms regarding season finishes are, and there may not actually be any legal recourse available) and it is guaranteed that Villa and Bournemouth would take the league to court if the season was cancelled and they were relegated, similarly Leeds / West Brom if they weren't promoted

Hudson-Odoi down so Chelsea on lock down.

Just f*** it off. Football not remotely important in the grand scheme.

N-O to rebrand as Keegan-Online.

Should just pick a forum South American team

just arrange playoff games, sorted

But what if one team has already played all the top teams and should have an easy run in? Would that be fair?

Just end the fucker, void it. Liverpool can be plastic champions without getting the trophy.

The only thing that stops me leaning towards this season being declared null and void will be the absolute relentless whining of Liverpool fans.

That's exactly the reason I do want it to happen. Be fucking brilliant listening to them cry.

But what if one team has already played all the top teams and should have an easy run in? Would that be fair?

Just end the fucker, void it. Liverpool can be plastic champions without getting the trophy.

not fair but neither is dying :lol:

offer them the alternative of just going straight down

not fair but neither is dying :lol:

offer them the alternative of just going straight down

I'm not saying continue playing. I'm saying void it all.

Been a lot of talk about delaying the euros for a year but wonder if they'll delay the Olympics for a year or cancel it altogether

one fella on the olympic committee in japan got a wrap on the knuckles for daring to suggest they'd move earlier this week so think they're still in denial.

Given the info Boris made in his statement isn’t that about the time our government seems to think the virus will be at its peak?

Yep. Ridiculous. Should have been until at least May imo

Given the info Boris made in his statement isn’t that about the time our government seems to think the virus will be at its peak?

They can make another decision closer to the time. It's a sensible choice to buy time to gain more info.