Coronavirus in football

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Be absolutely mad if Bolton and Southend stay up

Relegation would apply. The EFL aren’t in charge of the National League who already called of their leagues. It’s easy for them to say no relegation as theirs still 1 place for available for the automatic promoted team from the National League, and they could argue that the National League can’t host play offs to decide the play off winners, so therefor no one wins.

Within the EFL leagues it will apply. It’s interesting that they have went with an unweighted PPG scenario, they will obviously have to do that in League One and the Championship as well if they are also called off.

They are planning on having the play offs though.

If League One is to finish and with the same PPG scenario as League Two then the biggest winners will be Wycombe who will go from 8th to 3rd and gain a play off place.

Guest chopey

2pm on Tuesday restart for Bruce's boys, no wonder he wants 6 weeks till the season starts if he cant get them in before 9am, the players will be like that helper monkey on the Simpsons after living with Homer for a few weeks.

For the UK it’s the common sense thing to do. Well there’s more money riding on it so I’m not so sure if they will though. Can’t compare the situation to Germany.

If I was in charge, I’d just have voided the season. Every league stays where they are for another year and then start again in August/September if allowed to. It’s the only fair thing to do.

If the season does restart I’m going to theorise that ineligible players owned before 1st Feb will be able to play.

So we could call on Colback, Saivet and Aarons

wonder how much the decision to end the season in Scotland is less to do with being unable to actually do it and more not wanting to risk anything for the nice new tv deal they have for next season

If the season does restart I’m going to theorise that ineligible players owned before 1st Feb will be able to play.

So we could call on Colback, Saivet and Aarons

Wow. Them reinforcements.

Premier League clubs have agreed to stage one of the return to training protocols which would allow teams to start training in small groups from Tuesday.

But I can't visit one other household? Proper morale boosting to see the Prem back in action.

newcastle's released a statement no contact football allowed in phase one they set out the following:

On Tuesday - by which time all test results will be known - players and staff will arrive at pre-arranged times staggered in groups of a maximum of ten players, with each working in groups of no more than five in separate areas of two pitches to allow for social distancing measures at all times.

Players will arrive in their training kit, parking their cars at least three spaces apart, and will head straight out to the field, with no access to the main building. They will then leave immediately after training. All equipment - including balls, corner flags, cones, goalposts, GPS units, boots and gloves - will be regularly disinfected and players will wear protective snoods on their faces at all times.

I mean seriously WTF and we expect families from at risk groups to mix with them?  Or why do we just treat players in isolation like we treat injuries?  What happens when a squad loses more that so many players? Can they delay their game?

lets say on ppg a team sneaks out fo the relegation zone.  What would stop them suddenly all getting infected forcing the end of the season for that team?  I know this is far fetched but relegation costs 10's of millions.  You've got trump coming out supporting stadiums full of people.  It just takes one owner/investor to walk one person through the changing rooms at the right time.

Even if you don't believe that one team would do this?  How does the PL put in place rules that protect the league against it?

6 out of 750 ish isn't bad.

As someone who knows nothing about virology, that's my initial view too. Are they adamant that a flat zero is required before kicking off again? Was that the case in Germany?